Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

EDIT Day 2199

Dear Citizen,

Starting today, we'll add 100 new users to the New User Experience each day. Players will be selected randomly from the registrations. Players who have already registered won't be affected by these changes.

The tests are going well and the results look promising. We're still trying to fine-tune everything, so that the New World would be as appealing as possible to a new player.

We would like to thank you for the enthusiasm and interest you've shown towards this project. We're hoping to be able to share more details with you a bit later.

o7

--------------

Original post

As some of you already noticed, yesterday we started testing some new features that aim to improve the experience of the new users. We are impressed with the interest you have shown to these new features. This proves a lot of commitment to the game and we cannot overstate how grateful we are for this. We are sorry that at this moment we cannot get you involved more for reasons that we will try to detail below.

The project is currently in Alpha testing so a limited number of new players will be able to access it. At this stage, we aim to see how they react to this new approach, how this improves their experience and what changes need to be done to further improve it. We are aware that things don’t turn up right from the first time, that’s why we are testing the project with a small group of players. This will minimize its impact on everyone else until we are certain that the new features are beneficial.

We gain a lot of valuable knowledge from these tests and with your help we can continue testing and improving until we have everything running smoothly.

Many of the existing players are probably wondering how this will affect them. First of all, the new module is not a radically different eRepublik experience. It basically replaces the usual “work and train” routine with something more enjoyable and easier to understand for new players. The end results are roughly the same: players produce items, train, build Rockets and Bazookas and gain Experience Points.

We saw many concerns about the Strength received during the first days. We want to reassure you that everything is planned so that in the long term there won’t be big differences between how much Strength new players can receive now, and how much Strength new players received a few years ago. For many reasons (balancing, gameplay) new players need to quickly pass over the period when they have ridiculously low levels of Strength ( 15, 20, 30 Strength). It’s important for them to have a sense of making progress in the New World. In a short time their Strength gain will be smoothly lowered so it’s equal to everyone else's.

We want to state very clearly that we don't intent to give advantages to the new users with this project. Instead, we are trying to make the new players’ experience more “playable”. We need to “buy” them the time to understand the game and get to the heart of the community. Everyone knows how hard it is to make “noobs” to remain active in the game. And it’s even harder to make them stay in the game long enough so they can actually interact with one of you, the existing players. We know you are trying to get them involved and we hope that this project will come to your help.

The Alpha testing will continue in the next weeks. We will make incremental improvements during the testing and measure their impact in order to be able to make further improvements.

We are fully aware that the more experienced players need to know these new features since new players may rely on them to guide their steps. We know that you are eager to know everything about this new project so once it starts getting closer to a final shape we will release all details about it. We will be glad to receive your feedback as it is very valuable for improving the game.

Thank you for your understanding,

The eRepublik Team

• elbandido, Gulitiwi, 0rinda and 11 others like this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 ghishae

ghishae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Many of the existing players are probably wondering how this will affect them. First of all, the new module is not a radically different eRepublik experience. It basically replaces the usual “work and train” routine with something more enjoyable and easier to understand for new players. 

It basically replaces the usual "work and train" routine with something more enjoyable as farmville. fixed it for ya!

Edited by ghishae, 24 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.

• googoodoll, Kuzynn, Stucna and 7 others like this

#3 Ahsan

Ahsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the explanations and clarify things which we all want to know.

If the test is successful, new version will be applied to everyone of us or just for new players who joining the game now and onwards?

• panourgo.provato, Derphoof, hexaust and 2 others like this
It is hard to have a one-sided conversation...

#4 panourgo.provato

panourgo.provato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

First of all, the new module is not a radically different eRepublik experience. It basically replaces the usual “work and train” routine with something more enjoyable and easier to understand for new players.

ERROR 404 FARMVILLE FOUND

• Marinos98, ballistic94, AMlR121 and 2 others like this

To provataki mpeee

#5 Grzechooo

Grzechooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLoland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'm amazed at how you aren't learning at your past mistakes (V2).
  • ghishae, Mousavian, ronnyJnrJnr and 12 others like this

#6 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I am waiting for it, looks and sounds good ;)

Great improvement !

• hexaust likes this

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#7 panourgo.provato

panourgo.provato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

It actually sounds good... But the training every 16 hours and the free one every 1 minute is bad...

• Yakou, Demonaire, Citizen 2806484 and 3 others like this

To provataki mpeee

#8 Derphoof

Derphoof

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

In the town setup, will there be a sandy worship space that I may give glory and praise to DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR for XP?

/me pours sand all over himself

- The Alpha Pony
- Best Pony

#9 cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDeez Nuts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

tfw eR is becoming farmville :(

• panourgo.provato likes this

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

#10 I n f o r m e r

I n f o r m e r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

• Mousavian likes this

#11 0rinda

0rinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Location♥ sLOVEnia ♥

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

If the test is successful, new version will be applied to everyone of us or just for new players who joining the game now and onwards?

I believe for all, if I correctly understood paragraph 4.

Anyways, I like the feature. "Vote" :P

#12 dSoKre

dSoKre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Every change at the moment is a good change, game is practically dead :ph34r:

• Srbin1 and oboj like this

#13 Excelsior.HMA

Excelsior.HMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

We need more gold sales.

#14 I-G-D

I-G-D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNiš, Serbia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

The end results are roughly the same: players produce items, train, build Rockets and Bazookas and gain Experience Points.

Wait, are you seriously expecting me to believe this?

If we train every 17 hours, that means that we're gonna have to be online at every given hour... At some point. Even during sleeping hours. I don't see what's wrong with the old day change to day change system. If you implement this, then you're basically making this game playable only for no-lifers. I spend a lot of time on this game, but I'm NOT gonna wake up at 4h AM just to get Strength.

This seems like a total fail. My advice for you is to keep the old system when it comes to training. Working is a different thing, but training is something that shouldn't be modified.

• panourgo.provato, googoodoll, Al Punk and 21 others like this

#15 SpeeD94

SpeeD94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNa putu za ludilo

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

+9999.....

• Impressio HT likes this

#16 panourgo.provato

panourgo.provato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wait, are you seriously expecting me to believe this?

If we train every 17 hours, that means that we're gonna have to be online at every given hour... At some point. Even during sleeping hours. I don't see what's wrong with the old day change to day change system. If you implement this, then you're basically making this game playable only for no-lifers. I spend a lot of time on this game, but I'm NOT gonna wake up at 4h AM just to get Strength.

This seems like a total fail. My advice for you is to keep the old system when it comes to training. Working is a different thing, but training is something that shouldn't be modified.

The truth in here is OVER 9000!

• Vaggelisker, draivis, Ibarrai and 1 other like this

To provataki mpeee

#17 Tim Veltkamp

Tim Veltkamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Might as well change the new map with a giant "buy gold" button.

• panourgo.provato, Rikardoferreira and Bad Mojo like this

#18 Code-Y

Code-Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Awesome.

#19 Dimow Brando

Dimow Brando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationHoly Empire of Pakistan

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

And the old players cant participate in the beta? Rly?

• Rikardoferreira, Code-Y and koruptor like this

DIO DIO DIO

#20 Fordring

Fordring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

In my opnion 5 strength every minute is actually very good, not only for new players but also for older players to get more strength. Especially for D4 where you have players which have like 20-30-40k more strength than you, with this you would be able to gain more strength and minimize the difference or in other words have a bigger chance for a BH etc. :P . If you start training with all buildings at max level in D4, you will never have a chance against older players, unless you're lucky. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users