#1 Rican

Rican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGeneve

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Starting this week, countries will be able to collect taxes from occupied regions. The tax revenue is based on the number of regions a country possesses. More details will be published shortly, so stay tuned!

JUST ANOTHER WAY TO DESTROY SMALL COUNTRIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE THAT WILL BENEFIT ARE:

ROMANIA

SLOVENIA

POLAND

SERBIA

etc

ALL OTHERS WILL SUFFER.

WAY TO KILL THE GAME PLATO

• Syz2 likes this

titan_0.png

if you're not the lead dog...

... the scenery never changes.

#2 Director9

Director9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Rican, not so negative, Plato in his infinite wisdom has decided to bring out new medals for freedom fighter. These shiny little things on your profile page will inspire thousands to buy gold and start liberating regions all over the eWorld.

#3 Rican

Rican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGeneve

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Rican, not so negative, Plato in his infinite wisdom has decided to bring out new medals for freedom fighter. These shiny little things on your profile page will inspire thousands to buy gold and start liberating regions all over the eWorld.

Director, not so humorous.

titan_0.png

#4 Exclusive

Exclusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

I suggest u to PTO his office and make things right like you guys did in eSwiss ;)

#5 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Small countries will always be oppressed. No matter what they would do, if you don't have at least 1k active citizens you are doomed. These changes won't affect that much this fact. The problem is that even if you ar able to make a BB in Switzerland the players won't stay becuase of the obvious reasons (mainly str). If you want your country to develop then you have to work with suggestions and well, crying bitching and whatever else you are good at, on the things that affect retention. Otherwise even if they say RW side gets 100% dmg bonus, Switzerland will always mean 0 in the game economy and be only PTO material.

My take on this update is the following as i mentioned already on the official thread:

There are 2 types of fighters: fanatics and opportunists.

The fanatics will fight usually for their country, for their DOs, for their allies to the best of their ability. This type will be active on both sides of the RWs.

Opportunists are those who try to minimize de cost of fighting either by searching for active COs all the time, or going for MMedal if they have low to medium str or Patriot Medal if they are high strength etc.

The new system won't change how fanatics play the game, but they will reward more the fanatics who fight for the resistance side. On the other hand opportunists won't go barging randomly for BH, Mercenary M or god knows what in a random RWs, they will monitor safe rws with already high scores for the resistance, give they 25-75 fights and leave, helping anyway the rw side.

So it will just remove randomness from current battles. At least this is how i see it.

I won't comment much on the taxation part since i only have questions atm:

K, so my country has 10 regions. Means that each region is worth 10% of my contry income. 

If another country gets 5 of my regions, will they get 50% of the taxes generated by my citizens, while i get the rest?

If that so what will it happen if the other country occupies all my regions.... will i get 0% while them 100% ?

So unless we have a clear picture about how it will work i'd say to stay calm. Pretty much this is an incentive for both sides. Which has most weight is smth to be seen, but remeber that the monetary gain from a small country is almost 0 for a big country. On the other side owning regions from Serbia, Poland or other top countries, that is smth worth looking forward!

PS: don't forget, all those who melancolically bitch about V1, that an occuppied country had 0 income....

Edited by cc1432, 14 November 2013 - 10:37 AM.

I am bound by rationality !

#6 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

one cannot see this in a good light.  what small countries should do is form their own union SNE or small nations of eRepublik and in a deliberate fashion punish eRepublik for this step.  lets say eRep receives an anonymous letter from playerX claiming to be the new leader of SNE saying that for the next 2 months there will be a boycott on gold buying.

Secondly smaller nations must make themselves unattractive for example lower their work taxes to the bottom drop all vat etc.  Players could rather directly donate this taxes.  This will leave them with still an income but a medium nation like for instance Germany with no incentive to take their regions.

I am also afraid that unfortunately this will lead to a free for all as more and more regions is being grabbed by bigger nations.  In most cases their reasons behind battles is boredom now they have an incentive.   Also smaller nations grabbing big regions will be tough to impossible.

there is only negatives for smaller countries I'm afraid.

may I also comment that really to everyone but the OP this is not a good thing its the direct opposite of what should be done being make the game more fun for smaller groups.  I mean you kill off Ireland Plato thats your Cable subscription for a month or 1 graphic designers salary.  And so it will go on as small nations fizzle away next will be medium nations and then finally big nations.  The problem is a nation like the USA which is really not that big as they should be and also have no real presence.  they will be a very attractive proposition but their lost will kill off eRepublik.  Its simple Plato send all members above silver a survey asking if they will still buy gold if you proceed with this.  I certainly wont and is near Gold level.

Edited by Releasethe Krakken, 14 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.

• Rican likes this

mh4l.png

#7 Rican

Rican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGeneve

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Releasethe Krakken

I have quoted you in my article:

I HAVE SEEN THE END !
http://www.erepublik...le/2340380/1/20

titan_0.png

#8 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

K, so my country has 10 regions. Means that each region is worth 10% of my contry income. 

If another country gets 5 of my regions, will they get 50% of the taxes generated by my citizens, while i get the rest?

If that so what will it happen if the other country occupies all my regions.... will i get 0% while them 100% ?

So with the new formula for taxes we have a 20% protection base and also renting regions for bonus only won't be that possible or it will be really expensive!

#9 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Starting this week, countries will be able to collect taxes from occupied regions. The tax revenue is based on the number of regions a country possesses. More details will be published shortly, so stay tuned!

JUST ANOTHER WAY TO DESTROY SMALL COUNTRIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE THAT WILL BENEFIT ARE:

ROMANIA

SLOVENIA

POLAND

SERBIA

etc

ALL OTHERS WILL SUFFER.

WAY TO KILL THE GAME PLATO

Yes small countries with 10 RL players(like eSwitzerland) should get 1000% influence bonus in resistance wars, tha game should penalize big countries with lot of RL players,so nobody should invite anybody because being small would come with 1000%bonus!

Justice for NORTH KOREA,SWITZERLAND,BELGIUM,PAKISTAN!

#10 ahava3233

ahava3233

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I agree with Rican.  This change is completely imbalanced.

If Plato wants to do this, he should add one more thing to the system to keep it balanced.

Allow countries to fight for the resistance (ONLY THE RESISTANCE) using MPPs.

In addition, Plato could also modify MPP costs on the basis of the number of regions a country has at the time (fewer regions, cheaper MPP)

This would benefit Plato by encouraging spending for gold and such while at the same time not unbalancing the game.

#11 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

The more advantage a large country gets the less chance a small and weaker country has to recover from it. Game changes have to be aimed at bring balance back to the game but not to making situations even worse. Instead of takng away taxes from occupied countries it would be a good idea to make their taxes higher. Let's say if a country is wiped out for certain period of time it can get bonus taxes that are some percentage of their real tax as gold equivalent and this percentage should go up the longer country is wiped out.

Example

Regular daily tax = 1000 local currency

Wiped out duration = 10 days

local currency/gold ratio = 210

Bonus this day = (10/365) * 1000 /  210 = 0.13 gold

And it should go up to 100%

It would give opressed country an opportunity to recover!

This is only a possibility of what you can make, you just have to move in a right direction!

Edited by Nobody.ua, 15 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#12 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

The more advantage a large country gets the less chance a small and weaker country has to recover from it. Game changes have to be aimed at bring balance back to the game but not to making situations even worse. Instead of takng away taxes from occupied countries it would be a good idea to make their taxes higher. Let's say if a country is wiped out for certain period of time it can get bonus taxes that are some percentage of their real tax as gold equivalent and this percentage should go up the longer country is wiped out.

Example

Regular daily tax = 1000 local currency

Wiped out duration = 10 days

local currency/gold ratio = 210

Bonus this day = (10/365) * 1000 /  210 = 0.13 gold

And it should go up to 100%

It would give opressed country an opportunity to recover!

This is only a possibility of what you can make, you just have to move in a right direction!

So making wars pointless?

Whats next,giving 100% bonus for wiped countries in economy?

stop this madness

#13 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Small / Medium countries don't need any special treatment. They only need changes that increase retention rate and community cohesion, this way they can make successful BBs. This is a game of numbers, the bigger, the more powerful, and only way to overcome monsters like poland / serbia is to be able to rival with them in active population.

Just look what happened in the last year, the incredible BBs from South America which dwarfed everybody else, but soon all the new comers left the game, not because powerful countries were too powerful, as they could have used this in their advantage eventually, but because the game fails at making people stay.

On the other hand in my short period from 2009, i've seen countries who were there just for the sake of filling the map, and their tiny community (as tiny as most community started off) didn't lift a finger to ensure their growth, knowing that is their only chance. So i kinda don't have any drop of sympathy for them. It is also their fault they ended being what they are today, small and unimportant. Gathering new players has always been the community's duty, while making them stay was plato. In some cases no one  managed to do a decent job.

Edited by cc1432, 15 November 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#14 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

We are not speaking about "special treatment" for small/medium countries. The fact is that now big countries in fact have special treatment given by the game mechanics: double production and now almost all the taxes. This advantages are given to them by game mechanics on top of just having big population. We need something to even this up.

One more thing I wan't to point to is that I'm not talking about game mechanics in general, not only about current cituation. Eventually a big country can be razed from the map by equally big country. Once being razed in automatically gets disadvantages that don't allow it to go back to the map itself. We need mechanics that can balance itself, not just working one way

#15 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

So making wars pointless?

Whats next,giving 100% bonus for wiped countries in economy?

stop this madness

http://forum.erepubl...-determination/

This is exactly the kind of mechanics I've described in my post here. So this is not madness, this is great) Instead of stacking economic bonuses now be get stacking military bonus, even better!

#16 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

http://forum.erepubl...-determination/

This is exactly the kind of mechanics I've described in my post here. So this is not madness, this is great) Instead of stacking economic bonuses now be get stacking military bonus, even better!

The problem, now, it's that update will make pointless to promote BBs. At least if Plato doesn't diminish the determination multiply.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Determination bonus grows for 250 days and fades in 12 days, are you serious? Big countries will dominate anyway

#18 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

Determination bonus grows for 250 days and fades in 12 days, are you serious? Big countries will dominate anyway

you dont 6x bonus...2x already to impossible to defeat which takes less than 2 months to get.....

#19 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

2x takes 90 days and lasts 1 day. Are you serious? You can't be so gready

#20 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N4A6sR-yRmY a review of current changes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users