•     

Photo

Country Merges

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Add Option to Merge Nations

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should Nations Have The Option To Merge

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

As we have all seen smaller nations in erepublik battle to survive and are often taken over. They either have to ensure they have a Big Brother Nation or Nations looking after them, be wiped permanently or make terrible deals to be able to have some enjoyment of the game.

So I have a suggestion. Giving any nations of erepublik the option to merge with another. So how would this work?

1. The nations governments involved would have to come to an agreement on which nation the full citizenship of the people of the merging nations would be.

2. One of the Country President's starts a merge law where he has to specify the Host nation and the nation merging with it.

3. All the citizens of that nation can then vote on whether they want this happen. With a 2 thirds majority required to pass.

4. If the vote is successful the other nations citizens get to vote with again a 2 thirds majority required to pass it.

5. Once passed the citizens of the non host nation automatically become citizens of the host nation with all the rights that come with it. The CP of the Host nation is made the leader of the now merged nation.

This option will create stronger countries better able to defend themselves and provide more worthwhile opponents over all.

Edited by sareni, 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM.

• Majester likes this

#2 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

:o Imagine a merge of Poland and Serbia, that would be so fun...

• 0pt1mus Pr1me and Hr.Kalashnikov like this

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#3 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

:o Imagine a merge of Poland and Serbia, that would be so fun...

That would be scary :o

#4 Ed Gruberman

Ed Gruberman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't really like the idea. While it does make sense from a game balance standpoint, if it is used for weaker countries to become stronger, two major powers merging would be disastrous for the game.

#5 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

I like the idea. we must make the PTO easier for the serbs. ;)

• BOUD1CCA and Kirilas Briedis like this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#6 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

I like the idea. we must make the PTO easier for the serbs. ;)

Lol 2 thirds majority of active population voting for it. Makes it harder to pto and merge a nation ;)

Edited by sareni, 17 November 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#7 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I like it but ...

" 5. Once passed the citizens of the non host nation automatically become citizens of the host nation with all the rights that come with it. The CP of the Host nation is made the leader of the now merged nation. " - Best to make the new merged country with new name and flag.

#8 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I like it but ...

" 5. Once passed the citizens of the non host nation automatically become citizens of the host nation with all the rights that come with it. The CP of the Host nation is made the leader of the now merged nation. " - Best to make the new merged country with new name and flag.

Simplifying it as we get tons of bugs when admins try something too complicated :/

#9 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Simplifying it as we get tons of bugs when admins try something too complicated :/

lol

#10 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

A problem/question:

What if 1 of the merged Nations wishes to break away again?

A RW only is not going to get a break-away nation to form a government/congress/citizenships/...etc

• Endritt Zekka and Kanselier like this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#11 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

A problem/question:

What if 1 of the merged Nations wishes to break away again?

A RW only is not going to get a break-away nation to form a government/congress/citizenships/...etc

It would be permanent if you make the decision it can't be changed.

#12 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Lol 2 thirds majority of active population voting for it. Makes it harder to pto and merge a nation ;)

Harder, not impossible. Once achieved it, you'll have two PTOed nations. And better with your "permanently" non-breaking option.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#13 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

It would be permanent if you make the decision it can't be changed.

Then its a bad idea , I would say that in case of un merge it should go for vote to all members of all nations in the merge , if 60% of 1 of the nations vote to depart , then it shall :P

#14 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Indeed not a good idea to make it a permanent thing.

Then its a bad idea , I would say that in case of un merge it should go for vote to all members of all nations in the merge , if 60% of 1 of the nations vote to depart , then it shall :P

I would add another condition: on top of the 60% required those separatists will need to win at least 2 RW's within a week(or maybe less like 2 days)

What after that is successful:

* Political parties who where originally from the liberated nation will be appointing a representative to serve in a temporary Congress/council until the next upcoming Congress-election.

* First duty of this council(before being able to do something else) is to choose a CP who will serve until the next Country President election.

* the ability's of this acting congress/Country President will be far more limited then one that was elected in the normal way.

Just some thoughts. ;)

• bonjik and Kanselier like this

#15 sareni

sareni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

Indeed not a good idea to make it a permanent thing.

I would add another condition: on top of the 60% required those separatists will need to win at least 2 RW's within a week(or maybe less like 2 days)

What after that is successful:

* Political parties who where originally from the liberated nation will be appointing a representative to serve in a temporary Congress/council until the next upcoming Congress-election.

* First duty of this council(before being able to do something else) is to choose a CP who will serve until the next Country President election.

* the ability's of this acting congress/Country President will be far more limited then one that was elected in the normal way.

Just some thoughts. ;)

I like the way you think :)

#16 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Notice this: http://forum.erepubl...-determination/

How would that effect this proposal?

#17 Tim_Holtz

Tim_Holtz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

i was thinking about this and actually thought there was an easier way to do this than simply everyone getting new citizenship of a host country

here is my idea

1. Countries vote on merging together (it doesnt matter who starts the vote)

2. if successful 66% on both sides the countries will be semi-merged for lack of a better word

3. in this system there is 1 congress 40 from each country. so a congress of 80 (as long as there are 8 regions, if less then number of congress is divided equally)

4. the CP elections are merged so there is 1 CP, both countries vote on the same election

5. the difference in this is that both countries stay as Citizens of their own countries but political and economic stuff is merged.

6. if your countries have connecting borders then the game will count your semi-merged allies regions as your own so your bonuses are added together.

7. if your countries dont border then you only get the bonuses of your own CS

8. MPPs and war are merged. so if say a country attacks one of the merged members, the other merged member is automatically at war aswell (no MPP needed between merged members naturally)

9. 1 NE for the whole merged nation so if a congress member proposes NE then all 80 congress members vote and both countries go to war as one

10. in the case of wanting to de-merge then the members of country X vote on it, only the 40 from the CS of the proposing congressman vote on this.

there are 2 possible ways to do CS and immigration. either both countries are jointly merged in CS applications like it all 80 congressmen can approve CS and the person gets the CS country they were in 

or the countries keep CS seperate so only the 40 congress from Country X can approve CS to country X, country Y cant do it

feel free to critique

#18 Hr.Kalashnikov

Hr.Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

The capital is a problem...

Edited by Hr.Kalashnikov, 22 March 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#19 Viridi

Viridi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

No.

There will always be people who do not want to merge.

50842.png

#20 Majester

Majester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Also limit the maximum population size the merged countries can have e.g. 5,000 total. This prevents some of the more serious abuses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)