•     

Photo

[Campaign] Let's Not Buy Gold For 1 Week!

Economy

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't Buy gold

Agreed not to buy gold for 1 week?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think that not buying gold will improve the current economy situation

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think that Goldbuyers caused this broken economy or it's all plato fault?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

about travel system, this is my idea: let's say A, is in poland, wants to go to UK, so he moves and pay out 20 cc, and this 20 cc will go to UK national treasury. rather than this 20 cc go into thin air. 

THIS is a good idea! This should be what your post is about! 

Yeah with a ticket system it would be difficult at first as there aren't many companies but when people buy more companies, more products get into the market and that ratchets up competition and effectively lowers prices. You've already made the point about how inexpensive food is and that's 2 attacks max lost from moving to a region? Sure it wouldn't be ideal for people if they want to hop from region to region and would make resistance wars more difficult but if you give money to the acting landowner then that could help fuel their domination. 

There are many ways to make money and by far the most profitable (with regard to the disregard of exchange rates) is buying weapons cheaply from one nation and selling them for more in your home nation. My friend does this and easily makes 2,000cc daily with just a few visits to the market. It's not as easy for nations that the weapons are bought from like Russia, Brazil, and USA. On only a salary, with money being taken out of the game instead of being thrown back into company tanks, how can we expect prices to go down?

You scoffed at the desire for prices to decrease. Why? What's the problem with lower prices? What's the problem with a plan? You brought up a good idea. Keep coming with more of it. o/

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

3. Repeat until the world follows.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#62 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

THIS is a good idea! This should be what your post is about! 

Yeah with a ticket system it would be difficult at first as there aren't many companies but when people buy more companies, more products get into the market and that ratchets up competition and effectively lowers prices. You've already made the point about how inexpensive food is and that's 2 attacks max lost from moving to a region? Sure it wouldn't be ideal for people if they want to hop from region to region and would make resistance wars more difficult but if you give money to the acting landowner then that could help fuel their domination. 

There are many ways to make money and by far the most profitable (with regard to the disregard of exchange rates) is buying weapons cheaply from one nation and selling them for more in your home nation. My friend does this and easily makes 2,000cc daily with just a few visits to the market. It's not as easy for nations that the weapons are bought from like Russia, Brazil, and USA. On only a salary, with money being taken out of the game instead of being thrown back into company tanks, how can we expect prices to go down?

You scoffed at the desire for prices to decrease. Why? What's the problem with lower prices? What's the problem with a plan? You brought up a good idea. Keep coming with more of it. o/

naa should just add the multiple raw materials like it was in early versions and make it that fuel(made in oil rigs) is instead of paying money , fuel is more realistic way to move aswel :)

Edited by bonjik, 16 August 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#63 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationClassified Information

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

just imagine when WRM go to 0.03 cc + q7 weapons price is at 6.5.. 

your friend get 2k cc per day?  
i get 150 cc/day. having,  having 1 market license sucks a lot. lol. 
i don't know how many license market should i have to get that much profit. 

"Sure it wouldn't be ideal for people if they want to hop from region to region and would make resistance wars more difficult but if you give money to the acting landowner then that could help fuel their domination." 
yeah this one i agree, the money should go to landowners. 

"...
This should be what your post is about! "
then, my earlier posts are pointless in your eyes. lol 

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#64 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Pointless and counter intuitive. There has been a precedent set for getting the admins to sit down to and listen and this will just end in tears for the players. Economic changes was discussed at the summit as well so hopefully more changes happen soon to enhance the game.

• Joshuke likes this

Tim_Holtz: "ill rename it the White Pride Party"

#65 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

just imagine when WRM go to 0.03 cc + q7 weapons price is at 6.5.. 

I don't understand what you mean here. Currently Q7's are more expensive than this so aren't you stating an improvement? And would you prefer higher prices to lower ones? This statement confuses me.

And yes I found your earlier posts pointless! That's my point is to just bring up ideas instead of raging against the machine!!

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#66 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

And I understand that it's harder to make money through market licenses considering the sales tax that's additionally thrown onto you. My friend only enjoys that much profit because she can sell it in her natural market.

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#67 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

I don't understand what you mean here. Currently Q7's are more expensive than this so aren't you stating an improvement? And would you prefer higher prices to lower ones? This statement confuses me.

And yes I found your earlier posts pointless! That's my point is to just bring up ideas instead of raging against the machine!!

lol.

3 months ago, the price had down to 6.5 cc and raw material hit 0.03 cc.
it was good the price has risen up a bit(plato added some events).
but, plato added WT, which decreased some profit there.  so no matter what price has risen, the profit only increase a little.  

"And yes I found your earlier posts pointless! That's my point is to just bring up ideas instead of raging against the machine!! " 
some agreed with me, some not.  
"instead of raging at machine"
lolololo. no. this thread is not to throw anger to machine, but encourage people not to buy gold for a while. or you can say, suggest people not to feed plato's mouth for a while. but, i appreciated your argument here. 
"p
ointless and counter intuitive. There has been a precedent set for getting the admins to sit down to and listen and this will just end in tears for the players. Economic changes was discussed at the summit as well so hopefully more changes happen soon to enhance the game."

so what? you mean that presentation( i forgot what it was, but there is presentation from plato's staff)? hoping that presentation will fix economy issue? :P 
we will see that..

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#68 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

lol.

3 months ago, the price had down to 6.5 cc and raw material hit 0.03 cc.
it was good the price has risen up a bit(plato added some events).
but, plato added WT, which decreased some profit there.  so no matter what price has risen, the profit only increase a little.  

It makes sense that prices rise during events because the demand increases. That's the ebb and flow of economics when a demand is met with a supply then the prices work themselves accordingly. Of course people aren't going to sell for less when they can sell for more but if there are more people selling for the same price, they'll lower theirs. 

What productive thing comes out of not buying gold for one week. You said that the process works in this manner: People have less gold -> people buy less companies -> less products go into market -> prices rise a little. 

In what way is that realistically an improvement?? What is your intent if not to help the economy?

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#69 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

It makes sense that prices rise during events because the demand increases. That's the ebb and flow of economics when a demand is met with a supply then the prices work themselves accordingly. Of course people aren't going to sell for less when they can sell for more but if there are more people selling for the same price, they'll lower theirs. 

What productive thing comes out of not buying gold for one week. You said that the process works in this manner: People have less gold -> people buy less companies -> less products go into market -> prices rise a little. 

In what way is that realistically an improvement?? What is your intent if not to help the economy?

it's my opinion dude. :P 
there are 5-7 hundred q7 weapons companies or more throughout the world and when the companies offer come, people will make more companies.  
New citizens are fake. multis mushrooming the eWorld. 
people make more companies, but only a few citizens register everyday and infinite-tanking help the price rise a little. 

oh wait, think more about it. 
plato added WT, which butthurt sellers. thanks to you, i need to fix my thread a little. but later, 

there 3 main problems pop up to my mind when i read your comments.

1)people that have/gold gold, buy companies to get profit, however, they see that they only get a little profit from it. seeing that, they play MM. 
2)people that have/buy gold, invest their money/gold to MM. CC become a little unworthy in MM. that's why, CC is dying. (buying/renting orgs)
3)if price in market place rise a little, people who buy/have gold think again to buy companies. however, WT make people to think again.  

my solution is just, people, stop buying gold for a while.
this is the answer for first question. you can say, this can't fix the economy, but slower things from worsening everyday. :/ 

Edited by Luke Braferd, 18 August 2013 - 07:21 AM.

Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#70 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Fair enough o/

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#71 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Players not buying gold will not long term fix the economy but it will get Plato's attention :P

#72 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

feel like i want to revive this topic one again. \o/

Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#73 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

feel like i want to revive this topic one again. \o/

Almost noone using the forum anymore.