2 replies to this topic

#1 David Davidson XI

David Davidson XI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

I have some money saved up in gold.

I haven't been watching the money market. Is it smarter to have it saved in gold, or in CC? Is one safer than the other? Is the economy such that it doesn't matter at all?

#2 Edelmann

Edelmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

I have some money saved up in gold.

I haven't been watching the money market. Is it smarter to have it saved in gold, or in CC? Is one safer than the other? Is the economy such that it doesn't matter at all?

Looking at current gold prices (~203.5), I'd say that the price for 1 gold is rather likely to rise than to sink. 

There is kind of a natural bottom at 200, since countries can issue money at this rate (they print 200cc for the price of 1g), so it won't go below 200 for a longer time if this law isn't changed. On the other hand, gold prices always climb when there are training ground upgrade promotions and the like.

Edit: http://wiki.erepubli...php/Issue_money

Edited by Edelmann, 22 May 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#3 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

well it has been explained to me that holding currency is the only way to go.

no limit on buying or selling items so holding items might be good,  but item prices will always go down.

people can get an unlimited amount of gold with a credit card, so gold will always be losing value, 

and recently i have found out that the bottom of 200 usd for gold is not really a bottom because it is too hard for countries to print currency.

countries hold lots of currency and so because they do not want to lose value the leaders will always vote in such a manner that makes the currency more valuable.  so holding currency is always the best.  

this is my opinnion,  and it is subject to change.  seeing as currency is already really high.  i do not know how high it will go.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users