100 replies to this topic

#1 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

EDIT Day 2,369 6:00 eRepublik time: The times on the banner were fixed.

EDIT Day 2,369 5:30 eRepublik time: We postponed the first Citizenship Race / Raffle with 30 minutes to avoid lag issues at day change on Tuesday. The banner is now also live.

As you probably know, 4 new countries will soon be added to eRepublik: Armenia, Cuba, Georgia and Nigeria! We’ve already gathered a bunch of real life residents based on the tickets you’ve sent us. The next step is to award Citizenships for other players who want to join the communities of these new countries.

Apart from sending us a ticket and proving your real life connection to the country, you can also gain a Citizenship by being fast or lucky!

Citizenship Rush

On Friday Day 2,369, a sidebar banner will appear on eRepublik. By clicking the banner, a popup will appear. The popup will show information about what’s going to happen next, and who has already applied for a Citizenship (real life residents excluded). Each country will have a set time when the Citizenship Rush / Raffle will start. The Citizenship Rush will work on a “first come first served” policy, meaning that the first ones to apply will receive a Citizenship. Only a certain amount of Citizenships will be available!

If you were fast enough, you will receive an alert telling that you will be granted a Citizenship in that specific country. Later on, you will also receive a Founding Father Decoration (read more about this at the end). Please note that your Citizenship won’t change until the country is actually implemented in the game.

Please note that pressing the “Apply” button is binding! Once you apply for a new Citizenship, you can’t cancel your application.

Citizenship Raffle

If you weren’t fast enough on the Citizenship Rush, you will receive an alert telling that you were registered for the Citizenship Raffle. This phase means that at the end of the Raffle, X number of Citizenships are given. The Raffle awards the Citizenships randomly, so the system is based on luck, not on any attributes of your account.

The amount of Citizenships given

The amount of Citizenships given in the Raffle is based on the amount of congressmen the new country will have, assuming they possess all their original regions.

“Country: The amount given on the Citizenship Rush + the amount given on the Citizenship Raffle”
- Armenia: 20 + 100
- Cuba: 20 + 70
- Georgia: 20 + 100
- Nigeria: 20 + 100

Schedule

A new Citizenship Rush / Raffle will start every 6 hours, and each lasts for 24 hours.

- Tuesday Day 2,373 0:30 eRepublik time: Armenia’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 6:00 eRepublik time: Georgia’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 12:00 eRepublik time: Cuba’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 18:00 eRepublik time: Nigeria’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Wednesday Day 2,374 0:30 eRepublik time: Armenia’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 6:00 eRepublik time: Georgia’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 12:00 eRepublik time: Cuba’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 18:00 eRepublik time: Nigeria’s Citizenship Raffle ends

- Thursday Day 2,375: The new countries will be added and Citizenships are given (this is the goal, stay tuned for updates!)

After the countries are added, citizens will have a day or two to form a party/parties and candidate for the Congress Elections.

Ineligibility for the Citizenship Rush and Citizenship Raffle

There are certain factors which prevent you from taking part in the Citizenship Rush / Raffle, hence not being able to gain a Citizenship in these 4 new countries at the time being:

- Player is below level 25
- Player is currently a Country President
- Player is currently a Congressman
- Player is currently a Party President
- Player is currently a Party member and running for Congress
- Player has already been granted a Citizenship in another new country (from the Rush or Raffle)

However, if a citizen chooses to resign from the position or level up by the time of the Raffle, the citizen will be eligible. Also, if you’re a member of a Party, you may take part and you will automatically be removed once the Citizenship is granted.

Please notice that if you have contacted us with a ticket about gaining a Citizenship, and your ticket status is “Citizenship approved”, you won’t be able to participate. You’ll receive the Citizenship along with others.

Note also that players are able to participate in many Raffles at the same time. If a player gets a Citizenship from one through a Race or Raffle, all the other participations automatically get cancelled.

Founding Father status

If you’re among the first citizens of a new country (you either proved to be a real life resident, or won a Citizenship Rush or a Citizenship Raffle), you will earn a Founding Father status. Along with the duty of representing a new nation, you will receive the following prizes when the countries are added:

A unique Founding Father Decoration:

country_decorations.jpg

&
50% minimum productivity for 4 months, no matter how many regions and what bonuses the country has.

Example 1: Country has 20% food + 40% weapon bonuses
--> The citizen will have 50% food and 50% weapon bonuses

Example 2: Country has 60% food + 20% weapon bonuses
--> The citizen will have 60% food + 50% weapon bonuses

More information, such as war related gameplay changes, will follow soon! B)

Don't forget to share your opinions and feedback!

• Dhoo likes this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 Libertas33

Libertas33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

this will be fun xD

#3 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

this will be fun xD

/me slaps Libertas33

ambassador.gif

#4 NewSaver

NewSaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

In what point do I need to quit my role as a congressman? in the rush? will I see the banner if I'm a congressman?

#5 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

In what point do I need to quit my role as a congressman? in the rush? will I see the banner if I'm a congressman?

Everyone will see the banner but if you're not eligible, it'll give you an error message when pressing the "Apply" button.

There's no deadline for quitting your status as a congressman, you can do so 5 minutes before applying (the check is done live).

-Benjamin Franklin

#6 Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well, I dont rlly like this idea. The rush could be fine except for the fact that there are lots of accounts shared and bot users. And the raffle is just to open the doors  to multiaccounts and big countries/organizations. If it completely random then the amount of people matters and those who get the more applying will get a bigger chance of getting cs. And its also pretty unfair not to give cs to all those who worked for this countries to be added and are not rl residents.

Anyway, I didnt expect anything better from you, so here you are a couple of questions:

Are you going to say how many people from each country got cs by proving rl residence? Im interested in knowing how many Cubans there are.

When are you going to give more details about new countries (like bonus)?

#7 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Great. Now a PTO became a matter of luck.

Edited by Demonaire, 16 May 2014 - 12:38 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Dimow Brando

Dimow Brando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationHoly Empire of Pakistan

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

I hope that you will monitor close these countries and won't let the PTOers ruin them.

DIO DIO DIO

#9 Giorgi IV

Giorgi IV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

nice to hear such news.

so as i get it, New countries will be already added when sidebar will appear right?

• Georgian wolf likes this

#10 Giorgi IV

Giorgi IV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

another question

will be any discounts in new countries? for example on creating a new party?

• Georgian wolf likes this

#11 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

A small update: We postponed the first Citizenship Race / Raffle (of Armenia) with 30 minutes to avoid lag issues at day change on Tuesday. The Weekly Leaderboards, Weekly Challenge etc. all update on that moment, so better safe than sorry.

The banner is now also live. We'll have more updates next week!

Are you going to say how many people from each country got cs by proving rl residence? Im interested in knowing how many Cubans there are.

When are you going to give more details about new countries (like bonus)?

These real life citizens won't appear on the banner, but I believe in the end we will somehow announce a full list of citizens. But for now, I'm not sure about it.

Full information about resources, borders etc. will be given next week. Most likely we'll post "country profiles" after each Raffle has closed.

I hope that you will monitor close these countries and won't let the PTOers ruin them.

Yeah, we'll keep an eye on any illegal activity. However, PTO itself is not illegal. Using multi accounts obviously is.

nice to hear such news.

so as i get it, New countries will be already added when sidebar will appear right?

The sidebar is already live. The countries are added after all the Raffles are closed (the goal is Thursday Day 2,375, but it's not 100% set in stone at the moment).

-Benjamin Franklin

#12 kszonek1380

kszonek1380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

- Tuesday Day 2,373 0:30 eRepublik time: Armenia’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 6:00 eRepublik time: Georgia’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 12:00 eRepublik time: Cuba’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Tuesday Day 2,373 18:00 eRepublik time: Nigeria’s Citizenship Rush and Raffle start
- Wednesday Day 2,374 0:30 eRepublik time: Armenia’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 6:00 eRepublik time: Georgia’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 12:00 eRepublik time: Cuba’s Citizenship Raffle ends
- Wednesday Day 2,374 18:00 eRepublik time: Nigeria’s Citizenship Raffle ends

Banner says it is Georgia->Armenia->Nigeria->Cuba...

Question:

After gaining citizenship from new country, is there any minimal time limit to keep it? Can I apply to get different citizenship day after my application for new country is approved?

kszonek

#13 Alex Popovic

Alex Popovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

What wil be if I am in the run for Congress,as I am in the right now in the run for eUK Congress?.Would it be possible to resign from Congressional list and from running for eUK Congress.I want to gain citizenship in Nigeria or Cuba.Please admin Petsku could you answer me?.Also would like to ask have I right to gain CS of one of those countries regardless of my RL citizenship in Serbia?.Also want to gain those decorations and be CP or to have some other political or Gouverment role of that country.Greetings from Alex.

#14 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

another question

will be any discounts in new countries? for example on creating a new party?

We don't have plans for discounts like this right now.

Banner says it is Georgia->Armenia->Nigeria->Cuba...

Question:

After gaining citizenship from new country, is there any minimal time limit to keep it? Can I apply to get different citizenship day after my application for new country is approved?

kszonek

Thanks for pointing out about the banner, it's fixed now.

As for the 2nd question, you won't actually get the citizenship the moment the raffle ends. You need to wait a day or two until the country is implemented and at that moment you'll receive the citizenship.

But there's no minimum time of keeping the Citizenship, so technically once you get it, you can also get rid of it. I just personally hope that people wouldn't do this..

What wil be if I am in the run for Congress,as I am in the right now in the run for eUK Congress?.Would it be possible to resign from Congressional list and from running for eUK Congress.I want to gain citizenship in Nigeria or Cuba.Please admin Petsku could you answer me?.Also would like to ask have I right to gain CS of one of those countries regardless of my RL citizenship in Serbia?.Also want to gain those decorations and be CP or to have some other political or Gouverment role of that country.Greetings from Alex.

Hey, if you enter the party page, you should be able to withdraw from your candidacy.

In this Race / Raffle, you don't need to be a real life citizen.

As for taking part in the politics, it's totally up to you what you want to aim for once you receive the citizenship.

-Benjamin Franklin

#15 Alex Popovic

Alex Popovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Thanks admin Petsku and as for political or Gouverment role I"ll be interested to  be CP or MoFA of that country also to create political system there and create a  Party too which will be in the Congress.Also would I have those decorations if I am get CS of Nigeria or Cuba ?.

#16 Rusto

Rusto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

Give decorations to all country's @@

#17 Sher Singh

Sher Singh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Will there be some protection time for the new countries from invaders ? Some initial influence bonus for them ? 

#18 Juan Fco

Juan Fco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz de Tenerife

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

If I participated in the Armenia's Citizenship Rush but I wasn't fast enough.

Can I participate in Georgia's Citizenship RUSH or the others new countries RUSH?

#19 hostfire

hostfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

realy?!?! good job administration :( and wait for PTO

#20 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

If I participated in the Armenia's Citizenship Rush but I wasn't fast enough.

Can I participate in Georgia's Citizenship RUSH or the others new countries RUSH?

Yes you can. If you're not fast enough in either, you will be registered to both Raffles. If you get lucky with the Armenian one, you'll be automatically removed from the Georgian Raffle.

Will there be some protection time for the new countries from invaders ? Some initial influence bonus for them ? 

Yes, there will be things making life easier for the new countries. We'll announce more details next week!

-Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users