17 replies to this topic

#1 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Please note that responses may not be given here but a direct update to FAQ's might be done. If you are confused, have a question do not hesitate to ask them here. 

I would appreciate if people remain ON topic and not wander off topic.

• esimoncifue likes this

#2 Jordic69

Jordic69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

So, if you publish your article ingame during the week, it couldn't take part in the contest?

• esimoncifue likes this

#3 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

I want to know the same as Jordic69, We are planning to do multiple articles and wanted to link them all together in 1 article. But if we can't publish then we don't get the link and we can't make the final article

• AchillesThessaly and esimoncifue like this

#4 Ashwamaedh

Ashwamaedh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

In your submission form you are asking for the player profile as the first field to fill up. Would this not be the indicator of the person who wrote the article? Thus, would the judges not come to know/invite bias?

Would it not be better to assign an automatic token number to each entry ... something like a bib number that is only sent to the article writer via email. The prize winner is declared as the token number and he can redeem his prize by forwarding the email received.

• esimoncifue likes this

#5 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

Updated FAQ, 

In your submission form you are asking for the player profile as the first field to fill up. Would this not be the indicator of the person who wrote the article? Thus, would the judges not come to know/invite bias?

Would it not be better to assign an automatic token number to each entry ... something like a bib number that is only sent to the article writer via email. The prize winner is declared as the token number and he can redeem his prize by forwarding the email received.

It would be better, but didn't have the time to find such a tool. 

#6 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Can State ORGs participate in the contest? (since they have newspapers)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#7 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Can State ORGs participate in the contest? (since they have newspapers)

Orgs do not write articles, citizens do. If you publish from an Org its fine but the article must be written by a citizen. 

#8 Master_rg

Master_rg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

Regarding the amount of images: Headers, footers, line-breaks are already excluded from counting - what about counter images (http://www.erepublik.../articlecounter).

And just in case this won't be excluded: You can also make this counter invisible, so, even if it sounds a bit stupid: Do invisible images count?

Regards

Find useful eRepublik tools at www.eRepublik-Deutschland.de

3450472-1.png

#9 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Regarding the amount of images: Headers, footers, line-breaks are already excluded from counting - what about counter images (http://www.erepublik.../articlecounter).

And just in case this won't be excluded: You can also make this counter invisible, so, even if it sounds a bit stupid: Do invisible images count?

Regards

counter images are fine too. I would have included them in footer type images. 

• Master_rg likes this

#10 Copacescu

Copacescu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

You seem to have a poor understanding of what quality articles are. I refuse to participate to such restrictive contests. I know this is just a test, but the way you started it is horrible. The media module isn't only about summing up what happened, it's a whole lot more. Last week I "conquered" 4 out of 5 places from top national articles for a day as a response. You don't really care, neither do I.

(by "You" I mean the whole eRepublik team)

Edited by Copacescu, 26 September 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#11 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

You seem to have a poor understanding of what quality articles are. I refuse to participate to such restrictive contests. I know this is just a test, but the way you started it is horrible. The media module isn't only about summing up what happened, it's a whole lot more. Last week I "conquered" 4 out of 5 places from top national articles for a day as a response. You don't really care, neither do I.

I am more than glad that the media module finally got the attention it deserves. Rules need to be strict to get you out of your control zone, to write something you maybe have never written. This time these rules and topics, perhaps next time they'll initiate a competition regarding erep-fiction stories or creative economic essays. Quality article is an article that is written well, and can include a lot of things. A brief summary to the main events of the world is, in my opinion, one of the toughest and hardest - and thereby one of the most rewarding - subjects to write about.

Your opinion is not the only correct one.

My two cents.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 26 September 2015 - 10:35 PM.

• Jordic69, Demonaire and tommot like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#12 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hi Copacescu,

Perhaps you didn't notice but this section is only for questions regarding the contest. Would appreciate if you remain on-topic.

Thank you

Kind Regards

TheJakal

#13 Andre3567

Andre3567

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

Would it be possible to get the link to all the articles, even those that did not make it into the top3?

#14 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:31 PM

Would it be possible to get the link to all the articles, even those that did not make it into the top3?

Yes, I'm just waiting for some people to publish them so will share them hopefully by tomorrow. 

#15 Andre3567

Andre3567

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

Great, looking forward to it.

#16 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:12 AM

Massive thanks for the competition. Will the results be featured somehow in the game itself, or only published at the forums?
  • mungos032 likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#17 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

Massive thanks for the competition. Will the results be featured somehow in the game itself, or only published at the forums?

At the moment only in the forums, if it picks up popularity we can do more things. Right now still have several details to work out before the next one.

#18 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

At the moment only in the forums, if it picks up popularity we can do more things. Right now still have several details to work out before the next one.

Publishing the results could be one tool to widen the audience. Nevertheless, nice to see you focusing on media module even for the nonce. Again thanks for the competition and for your response.

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users