•     

Photo

Guerrilla Module. Problems, Ideas, Feedbacks

guerrilla guerrilla challenge clopoyaur tv erepublik erepublik competition erepublik feedback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Clopoyaur

Clopoyaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

Guerrilla Challenge, a competition organized on my stream for guerrilla fighters has already reached 4 editions, last night having a wide participation of 100 players and 22 teams.

I want to congratulate all the participants for their performances which can be found here - https://www.erepubli...ague/details/35 , but I also want to use this opportunity for them to express their feelings and suggestions regarding this module.

Maybe in this way the admins will have a better idea of the problems the players are encountering while playing Guerrilla. 

Therefore, feel free to put below everything that you like and do not like about guerrilla. 

• Szenti, Master_rg and ubod like this

#2 keep rolling

keep rolling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hey everyone, I'm brand new around here and in eR but I want to say that I really like this Guerilla module as it's fun and the one thing that still keeps me playing as I know I'll never be able to reach the level of strength that old players have. Yesterday it was a great experience to participate in the challenge...I had fun and the team had fun even if we did not win. What I think that the module needs:

- all players to have the same armour for competitions: I had 16 and others were having 24 so -8 points for me from the start

- the player grouping I guess is random but I think more criteria like strength and number of Guerilla fights should be taken into account

- it is stupid that i can not delete pistols and other unused items from inventory

- the hitting chances seem to not be calculated according to an algorithm but random again which is stupid and makes the module not a one based on technique only like 25%...the rest is pure luck

- the prices for special items are quite high especially for new players so they are discouraged to have many Guerilla fights

Hope this helps. take care everyone and keep rolling ;)

• Nicolae Crefelean likes this

#3 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

the only thing that only matters right now is to stop making Guerrilla fighting as if it is a lottery

There is 10-20% skill and the rest is just luck

I am losing battles that I should win and winning battles that I should lose (genuinely feeling sorry for ubod last night)

#4 Master_rg

Master_rg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

Overall I really like the idea behind Guerrilla Fights but in my eyes the whole game depends way too much on your luck and less on "skill".

Of course you need to plan your dodging and weapon usage, but in the end it mostly depends on your luck - which isn't that funny for me (because it seems I'm very unlucky :P)

Anyways: It's nice to see the community participating in this competition, nevertheless some parts of the gamemechanics need to be changed.

Best Regards

• Dizzy Duck likes this

Find useful eRepublik tools at www.eRepublik-Deutschland.de

3450472-1.png

#5 GreyFool

GreyFool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

I'm ok with that the module is as random as it are, but in that context I see a problem with bonus damage. Having 0 bonus damage and fighting against +2 bonus damage makes it hard to win.

With +2 damage system in place, I would like to see a little less randomness and I would very much like the "super weapon" gone. With it you can fight on every distance and that makes the module a bit meh to me.

The randomness feels a little bit like Dilbert Random Number Generator http://dilbert.com/strip/2001-10-25 :-)

So, some improvements can be made.

But I am also diverted because I don't dislike guerilla module as it is now. I think eRep just has to make up their mind if they want a random based game or a more skill based game.

Yanisin

#6 Clopoyaur

Clopoyaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

In my opinion the "Storm Assault Rifle" should be redesigned or even excluded from the module as is like the universal weapon. Is good at almost any distance. 

Either reduce the succes percentages as the weapon is farther from the perfect distance or remove it completely. Since the weapon doesnt cost gold and has low price in cc, the impact on the economy of the game would be minimum.

Due to the current design whenever the battle starts inbetween 400-640 meters (which is like 80% of the matches), the player has no options than to actually shoot and wait to see if he is lucky or not for the opponent to miss. Moving in any direction means a direct hit to that cannot be then recovered afterwards. All this reduces the guerrilla right now to 80% luck and less than 20% skill.

• M3gatr0m and keep rolling like this

#7 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

I agree with pulling that assault riffle out of the game

#8 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:21 AM

1. Guerrilla module has absolutely no real influence in the real wars. The real wars are based on hard tanking, players usually activate all sorts of boosters and hit "Fight" like madmen. Now imagine who will join a guerrilla fight that takes minutes for x2 damage in case they win? In the mean time on the other side players can hit millions of damage so... guerrilla is for "off topic events" - when you don't have a movie to watch on a Friday evening, when your girlfriend is asleep and you have plenty of time for the game, when you have nothing better to do. So, people who play guerrilla will not play it to influence battles, they will play it for fun.

2. The rewards are practically null. There is no medal for guerrilla fighters, there are no money prizes and the only thing you can win is a stupid helmet, or a riffle, or something like that. Since people can pay for weapons let them also win something in return. 

3. The weekly challenge should be doubled by a weekly guerrilla event. You kill 10 adversaries you get 1.000 prestige points. You kill 100 adversaries you get +10 energy refill. If you treat this module as "junk" people will treat it accordingly. Make it shine, give it a purpose and people will use it..... That is... if you want to be used... except for fun.

4. The stats of a guerrilla player should reset at each week reset and the bonuses could be a little bit higher. So at the reset everyone will start with a 0 attack bonus. During the week, based on the win/loss ration that bonus could increase or decrease. +1, +2, ... +5. At the end of the week: Reset. So, you will have again equal chances to fight against strong players.

5. Currently I'm not playing because nothing makes me wanna play. See 1-4 for "why"s. 

• capablanca, M3gatr0m, Dante Ross and 4 others like this

Posted Image

#9 POP DJUJIC

POP DJUJIC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

1. Elite items are so expensive

2. Please fix bugs with 'freezen screen' in last round

#10 costin1989

costin1989

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

the idea of guerrilla play is very good, BUT:

1. too much lucky and random results (there is no strategy, no skills, nothing you can do to change the game fate. I mean, if both you and your opponent are equipped with same weapon, and you obviously have same chance of hit, then both of us shout hit or miss (this should be mathematics not luck - i don't like LUCK)

2. introduce a medal "Guerrilla Fighter" for let's say 10 wins, or 25 with a reward of 5 gold (or 1000 cc)

3. reward with double prestige points also 

#11 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

1. Remove the damage bonus. It started unfairly as a function of strength difference and strong players accumulated lots of wins and weak ones - losses.

2. Give at least double XP in D4. This is the main reason I don't play GF. GF takes much more time and effort than clicking the fight button so it should grant more experience.

3. Allow more energy to be used per GF that could be manually set up to, say, 1000hp. It wouldn't affect the GF itself, only the outcome - damage/rank/xp.

#12 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

I would like two changes in the guerrilla module:

1) Remove bonus dmg – no starting advantage for anyone

2) Remove "chance to hit" – weapon should always hit when in the range. You can choose whether to fire back, to evade with grenade (100% miss chance) or to move out of the range, but it's your choice and not luck.

• fr3edom likes this

#13 war3geek

war3geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

1. Remove the damage bonus. It started unfairly as a function of strength difference and strong players accumulated lots of wins and weak ones - losses.

That! It is really unfair and stupid. You changed bonus damage rules but the stats remained the same. Give everyone an equal chance by changing bonus damage system or reset score or equal match-ups, because honestly I will never again play guerrilla again since going against +2 bonus damage is suicide. (and there is 80% players playing with +2 damage) Why??? Because you need to make opponent miss 3 times and you cant miss a thing. I want to see some of those "good" guerrilla players playing with 0 bonus damage. See how far they get.

#14 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

Like others said the +1 or +2 Damage makes it impossible to overcome

..and its mostly luck not strategy that makes a win

#15 Soldier Unknown

Soldier Unknown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

1. -10 Prestige points !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Decoration or some medal for each xxx wins

#16 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

I love that all these people complaining about the +1 or +2 damage played guerrilla once or twice and did literally nothing to improve your stats

I see that being the only true gain from playing guerrilla on heavy duty mode, otherwise it's stupid to have players gain the same benefits (as the ones that actually put some effort into it) while they are just dicking around.

I like a lot @NoOnexRo's ideas

Also I would like to reduce the stupendous level of random in the fight. It's a joke. It even makes people believe that the real issue is in that +1/+2 damage advantage.

And this comes from a player that gained his right for a bonus and fought off other users with +5/+10 damage advantage back when the max was +30

#17 pun1sher

pun1sher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

That! It is really unfair and stupid. You changed bonus damage rules but the stats remained the same. Give everyone an equal chance by changing bonus damage system or reset score or equal match-ups, because honestly I will never again play guerrilla again since going against +2 bonus damage is suicide. (and there is 80% players playing with +2 damage) Why??? Because you need to make opponent miss 3 times and you cant miss a thing. I want to see some of those "good" guerrilla players playing with 0 bonus damage. See how far they get.

Yes. This is the biggest problem that is needed to be fixed.

#18 war3geek

war3geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

I love that all these people complaining about the +1 or +2 damage played guerrilla once or twice and did literally nothing to improve your stats

I see that being the only true gain from playing guerrilla on heavy duty mode, otherwise it's stupid to have players gain the same benefits (as the ones that actually put some effort into it) while they are just dicking around.

Also I would like to reduce the stupendous level of random in the fight. It's a joke. It even makes people believe that the real issue is in that +1/+2 damage advantage.

And this comes from a player that gained his right for a bonus and fought off other users with +5/+10 damage advantage back when the max was +30

It was impossible to win against high strength players before and it is hard to win against them now, because those stats did not change when guerrilla was updated and it hurt mostly low strength players that could not amass victories against such opponents. I've put into guerrilla more effort than you know and I am truly sick of hearing this shit from players with +2 damage who are afraid to lose their precious bonus damage.

1604 W - 2004 L  Your argument is invalid.

#19 sinfen

sinfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

Let us choose between hitting 5 times for a guerilla fight OR going directly into a fight with the cost of 200 hp instead of 100. This will allow D1,2 players to play some guerilla fights without loosing experience points.

#20 pun1sher

pun1sher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

I want to see how you will be played with ''bonus dmg 0'' against ''bonus dmg +2''. Literally I maybe won one out of ten battles... And this is maybe... I loses more because of that +2dmg bonus. How do I Recover stats if I find in battles opponents with +2dmg bonus? 0dmg and +1dmg fighters i found few when scounting...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guerrilla, guerrilla challenge, clopoyaur tv, erepublik, erepublik competition, erepublik feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users