Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi,

I'm new!

Since Dictatorship was introduced, there has been an option for developers to add in game mechanics censorship by the tyrant.

Whether this feature will be introduced or not, I think that something useful can be achieved following the same idea.

As you may know, any citizen cannot publish two articles per hour, basically to avoid double publication because of connection timeout and abuse of the Media module to achieve spam; one may consider that every country should be able to properly set that period according to their common use; for example, there may be a non-written law in some community that specifies that a newspaper article cannot be published in less than 12 hours since previous published one.

If countries could achieve that same result by game mechanics, it would be better thing.

This adjusting mechanics should be achieved via a law in the game, proposed by the Country President, prompting to specify a cooldown duration for articles by choosing a value in a dropdown menu including options 1, 2, 6, 12 and 24; i.e., Country President can propose to Congress a cooldown for articles publication from 1 hour up to 24 hours.

The same result may be achieved by just proposing a blank 5-digits text field requiring a non-negative integer belonging to [1, 24].

And since we're up to this, a Dictator may be prompted with an additional option that you can easily figure out (in case you can't, basically the Dictator can set a virtually infinite cooldown for articles publication).

Please note that this feature doesn't (to be precise, it shouldn't) affect publications by National Organisations since we're assuming that NOs newspapers are used as governative media.

What about publishing into different countries?

I think that current mechanics already deal with the problem when we're prompted with a specific publication fee according to citizenship and destination countries relationship.

• BlackStormChR likes this

ambassador.gif

#2 BlackStormChR

BlackStormChR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

I like it!  :lol:

#3 George Norfolk

George Norfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

I've always liked the idea of having censorship and more dictatorial actions available to dictators and presidents for that matter. The issue is that it's really easy to abuse these mechanics so would need mechanics that allowed pushback by the people where they can bypass these actions and rebel. I can't think of any safe way to do this so I think it's best to wait until a good way of fighting back is devised. 

• Pogonatos likes this

#4 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

To counter media censorship, one can publish its own articles in foreign countries; there's no actual need for a specific countermeasure about censorship abuse, if we only talk about the right to publish articles.

Moreover, consider the role of NOs during censorship.

ambassador.gif

#5 Pogonatos

Pogonatos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

I would love to establish a Proleteran-dictatorship in my country!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: law, articles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users