•     

Photo

Bring Back Democracy In The Congress Elections!

congres elections

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CaHuTaPa

CaHuTaPa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:20 AM

The current Congress election system is all but democratic - the parliament is elected not by the people but by the party leaders. This part of the political module has become extremely unpopular - the parties don't care about making promices or platforms because they see no use of these - the voters simply  receive a list of candidates (usually complete morons) and in fact they dont have any choice.

This dull situation can be revived with a very easy step - introduce preferential vote  -when voting for a party the voters to have the option to choose their favorite one from the list of proposed candidates, and accordingly the candidates with most nominations to go to the top of the party  list and be elected in the end. This will revive the module and make it interesting again!

Edited by CaHuTaPa, 08 April 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Give up. There won't be 1% work tax. Admins won't do anything. :D

screenshot-414.png

#3 William Thomas Riker

William Thomas Riker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Agreed.

#4 Vitor Albensthayn

Vitor Albensthayn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

concordo!

#5 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Don't pay attention to this thread. He made it after the congress didn't want to make work tax 1%. 

screenshot-414.png

#6 Mitsou

Mitsou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

This topic doens't get enough attention. 
Here is some fragment from the old congress election system. In my oppinion it was better and more exciting: https://wiki.erepubl...ex.php/Wildcard

Please bring back, or change the new one to something similar. It's better voting for characters instead of parties.

Edit: I published an article about it, because nobody reads the forum. https://www.erepubli...rd-2654301/1/20

Edited by Mitsou, 25 October 2017 - 05:10 PM.

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

erepublik-badge-125x80.png

#7 HUpakolas

HUpakolas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

Voted signed kurvaanyádrománadmmined

#8 CaHuTaPa

CaHuTaPa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

Don't pay attention to this thread. He made it after the congress didn't want to make work tax 1%. 

It does not mean that the proposal is not good, the vote in our congress only made me understand that it is hard to work with morons appointed by other morons also called Party Presidents. Why not the people elect the morons? And yes  -- the old election system was ten times better than this nonsense!

#9 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

I really disagree. Current Congress elections are very realistic.

• Citizen 2806484 likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#10 megahack

megahack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationbeside you

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

I can't figure it out somehow, Vote for party then vote for citizen?! If right then it will be very unfair specially for newbies and also will bring a mass amount of fake accounts and it's natural problems with it. Do you know why they changed old election system?

erepublik.com.jpg

Iranian forums Administrator

#11 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

I really disagree. Current Congress elections are very realistic.

Depends on country. For example in Sweden the system is pretty similar on how it is in erep right now: parties choose the order of candidates in lists and voters vote for a party and its list. In Finland the party does not decide the order of the list: it is determined by the amount of votes that candidates get. So voters vote for candidates.

I preferred the earlier system, though it had its flaws. 

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#12 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

Depends on country. For example in Sweden the system is pretty similar on how it is in erep right now: parties choose the order of candidates in lists and voters vote for a party and its list. In Finland the party does not decide the order of the list: it is determined by the amount of votes that candidates get. So voters vote for candidates.

I preferred the earlier system, though it had its flaws. 

I agree, mostly because in Colombia we had the open list (like Finland: amount of votes candidates get) and the effects aren't so good: there are not parties discipline, since candidates have the power thanks to individualism created by that open list.

The current system allows people to unite in a party and work an ideology, not creating their own individualistic agenda.

Greetings.

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: congres, elections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users