• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:07 PM

As eRepublik has entered its second decade of life we are working on a number of projects that, with your help, will disrupt the current status quo and increase the excitement and fun.

While we have been working hard over the last months on the internals of eRepublik and the mobile app, we are aware that from the players’ point of view there was little to be excited of in terms of changes and events.

For the next months we are planning the release of a number of new features that we believe, together with your support and feedback, will transform the eRepublik universe for the better.

All the features aim to solve some of the most frequently raised issues by you, with a focus on game balance at both the country and the citizens’ level.

The first 2 projects are being deployed gradually to allow the community 1 month to offer feedback and adapt to the new changes.

Determination in Resistance Wars

Currently the determination is computed based of consecutive days under occupation since the last liberation no matter the occupant. Starting Day 3,929 determination will be computed for each occupant individually, based on the total number of days it held the region in the past 250 days.

xUg9R6deRZWoi_BCrFXPGg.png

The more a region is under occupation, the more its population gets the determination to overthrow the specific occupant. Once the liberation occurs, the natives will hold grudge against the former occupant for a while. This will allow the newly freed region to have a standing chance against the former occupant for a period of time. The determination in Resistance Wars will no longer reset when the region is re-conquered via MPP battle.

QAd-RVDdRcOjo8kkpfXtvQ.png

Example: Using the current formula, the Determination on day 3,750 will be 1.32 (computed for the last 60 days since the last liberation) against any country holding that region on day 3,750.

With the new formula, the determination against Invader A will be computed for the 140 days Invader A held that region over the last 250 days, resulting a total of 4.45. The determination against Invader B (valid if Invader B manages to conquer that region) is based on the 45 days the latter managed to hold the region over the target interval resulting a total of 1.14.

Against all other countries the determination factor will remain 1 as they did not hold that region in the interval.

All other mechanics regarding determination under occupation will remain unchanged.

Determination after liberation

Determination after liberation will be computed based on the occupation determination factor the region had when the liberation battle started.

All mechanics regarding determination after liberation will remain unchanged.

The determination update will become effective on (23rd of August, Day 3,929 of the New World).

Natural Resource Concession

Before the new determination rules become effective, a new law will be made available to Country Presidents and Dictators: Natural Resource Concession.

The new law will act as a contract between countries - it will allow countries to increase the production bonus or to supplement the country income by renting regions and will require a 50% + 1 (simple majority) to pass.

A country will only be able to concede resources from its original regions that are not under foreign occupation. Once accepted by the congress of the Conceding Country (Country A), the law will then require approval by the Concessioning Country (Country B ), just like the Peace Treaty law.

Once the Concession Contract is accepted by both countries, the resource will no longer count towards Country A’s productivity bonus and will be added to Country B’s resource pool as if connected to the Capital (full bonus). The Natural Resource, however, will not be uprooted from the Region and will still count towards the Region’s bonuses.

Every day the Resource Rental is in effect the Concessioning Country will be charged for the concession directly from treasury and the fee will be added the the Conceding Country (Country A)’s treasury.

The cost for concession (rent fee) is determined based on the rarity (bonus) of the resource concessioned and impact it has on the economy of the country holding the concession.

0hmToOA6SayCvAaAUx3NDA.png

The concession fee will be additive and concessioning two or more resources from the same industry branch will increase the GDP fee accordingly. Example: renting Cattle (3% fee) and Deer (5% fee) will result in a total of 8% daily fee from the Food Industry GDP for the previous day.

A country holding a concession on a resource will benefit from the extra productivity bonus as long as the original country owns the region for which the concession is valid. Losing the region by the original owner will not break the concession (as they might be able to recover it by the end of the duration of the concession) and the Concessioning Country (Country B  )will still be charged every day.

The number of resources a country can have under concession at once is limited. The regions under occupation will still grant productivity bonuses as previously. Companies established in a region where a concession is valid will still benefit from the region productivity of the concessioned resource but the country bonus will no longer apply.

Considering the disruptive potential of the changes, all the players will be allowed a one time free relocation of their companies and holdings.

• zzzingo, Alex.pedal, Master_rg and 5 others like this

#2 Stargazer89

Stargazer89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

this seems great to me :D

new determination will, hopefully, lead to less TWs and more real engagement in wars

as for concessions, it looks good too.. no need to occupy small countries for indefinite period of time, just buy required resource from them :D freedom for the weak!

#3 The Mike

The Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

This is a welcome change, thank you.

The determination change will take place on 23.August. When will the law for resource concessioning become available?

#4 Asterios C

Asterios C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Determination update looks solid, especially the grudge part. 250 days seems kind of arbitrary... 

Make Concessioning Country pay a portion of the fee if Conceding Country loses posession over the region with the concession. I get you want to give an incentive for the Concessiong Country to help keep the region free, but making them pay full-price for no benefit, might deter them from reaching concession agreements in the first place. 

Edited by Asterios C, 23 July 2018 - 01:39 PM.

#5 Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationkitchen

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:04 PM

Wonderful! Finally I'm proud to say that this update is just what is needed. :heart:

I've been sarcastic in the past regarding changes but you've listen and then acted to benefit players. The tendency in the past has been to only look at the bottom line. Understandable from the accounting perspective. However this update looks toward marketing with growth and loyalty as the benefit. Well done.

#6 Romper

Romper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

So if one country jolds region for a month, then other country occuopies it, will determination against first country decrease? Even though region is still occupied but by someone else?

#7 Mixliarder

Mixliarder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

So if one country jolds region for a month, then other country occuopies it, will determination against first country decrease? Even though region is still occupied but by someone else?

Exactly, it will start counting from 0 for new country, but it will stay as it was for ex-occupant. You have example here, determination depends on country.

https://www.erepubli.../region/Gangwon

• Romper likes this

#8 Dibex

Dibex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Ok, interesting but... 

you was forgot to udate a fix to cities ;)

• Varvarin1976 likes this

7251613-1.png

#9 Alaricus

Alaricus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Sounds Good!

I think a cool idea would be having some sort of practice battle implementations. Even alongside setting up experience battles, I think there could be a place to make the real engagements more exciting. 

I and others(defined by my main camp) are advocating for healing, protection, defense, etc.(defined by my main camp) in regards to erepublik, erepublik moderators, erepublik, erepublik Labs and others(defined by my main camp),  the way my main camp indicated. My main camp is my main spirit guides.

I and others(defined by my main camp) are advocating for healing, protection, defense, etc.(defined by my main camp) the way my main camp indicated. This includes what my main camp indicated, the way my main camp indicated. My main camp is my main spirit guides. 

#10 Romper

Romper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Mix, the question is - does determination go down only when region is free or does it go down for Occupier A if Occupier B holds the region? Their example only shows how determination is calculated but not how it goes down and when it happens.

#11 Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Will I rent just one particular resource from a region or do I have to rent every resource in that specific  region? Am I conceding by territory or  by specific resource?

No one wants to pay for resources they already have just to get one they don't. The price would be to high for the benefit.  So I hope it is by specific resource. 

Edited by Exalted Druid, 23 July 2018 - 05:32 PM.

• Yosemite Sam01 likes this

#12 CreepyRainbow

CreepyRainbow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Old but gold
https://www.erepubli...as-2345304/1/20

#13 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Can you STOP implementing things and instead FINISH the old things?

Where are Q6/Q7 Houses?

Where are Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5/Q6/Q7 Aircraft?

What the HELL happened to CITIES?

• ronnyJnrJnr, plasticola, Lady Silver and 5 others like this

#14 Dr. Walter Bishop

Dr. Walter Bishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

I like the changes, good job. Now please consider a strength catch up mechanism and stop the Legend xxx infinity spiral.  

• Dibex likes this

#15 Sljivo

Sljivo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Well, the next thing should be finally implementing perception in the game

• Dibex likes this

#16 OttoderVolksstimme

OttoderVolksstimme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

I liked the faith that erup goes after. I would like a bit of expansion in the map bjt ofher than that congrats erup

#17 Raima

Raima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

according bonuses - there is big unfair that USA has so many regions and bonuses same time, after changes (which are coming) will be even less chances for others to compete with usa standart advantage in resources.

i suggest to make same number of resources per country (not depending how many regions country original have) - an example there could be 4 resources per country. Each country could have 4 resources in such way all countries could have similar possibilities and this could bring fair play at least in this part of game

• Citizen 2806484 likes this

#18 BlackStormChR

BlackStormChR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

the next months we are planning the release of a number of new features 

Local elections
The local elections module will be added as the next step in the following weeks.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I hope so, God willing.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:

#19 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

explain industry GDP?  global or country?  is it based on sales or based on production? show in detail how it will be calculated using a real life example.

please...

• Hostilian likes this

mh4l.png

#20 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

so if ireland rented out its deer region it would receive 358 cc.  that is a massive motivator :P

• Stucna likes this

mh4l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users