• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Killa

Ice Killa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

It is a completely logical thing to do as it would limit the amount of spamming, people posting for the sake of posting. If one is to post, he will post because he feels he could make a meaningful post. In any other cases the forum loses its purpose.

Until then, I'm not paricipating in this joke of a forum.

• don zebosk likes this

#2 Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationkitchen

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Do we get gold for each 1000 posts? xD

#3 kszonek1380

kszonek1380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Do we get gold for each 1000 posts? xD

Probably not, but some people use to act as they are being paid for posting.

I agree with Ice Killa, it would be good idea to get rid of this counter or maybe just move it to profile page.

#4 cen1

cen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

This is not how forums work, stupid suggestion.. it's not like you can do anything with number of posts.

#5 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Just deactivate the post counting in "Welcome new citizens. Introduce yourself!" and "Off-Topic".

kife.jpg

#6 Viarizi

Viarizi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationViarizi Nation

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Spammers are just mad because they cant spam!

Whats the problem of welcoming every player that introduces himself?

You ppl act like this is the first forum you belong to...

Viarizi

Follower of Izi

Neutrality 

Commander 

#7 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Spammers are just mad because they cant spam!

Whats the problem of welcoming every player that introduces himself?

You ppl act like this is the first forum you belong to...

There is no problem in that. The problem is that people do it to increase their posts, not because they are kind.

Edit. Most of people, I mean.

Edited by Nelkosan, 12 August 2013 - 07:48 PM.

kife.jpg

#8 cen1

cen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

If someone spam's simply report him..  :mellow:

#9 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

@UP

Yea, that works pretty fine, but what if that person wrote 500 posts which should be deleted, because they are stupid/spam/not related to the topic/he says again what was already said? And moderator needs to read 'em all. It's really hard :P

#10 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

And what exactly is the difference between a guy who got 5 posts and a guy who got 500 posts? Maybe you're just a butt hurt internet clown who can't stand other people having fun whatsoever? Get a life bro.

P.S And this is posted in the help section, nice wan :D

Edited by invaluable, 12 August 2013 - 09:15 PM.

f8RA4.gif

#11 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

I guess if the posts made in the Off-Topic wouldn't count towards the overall post count the problem would get solved (at least up to a degree).

#12 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

I guess if the posts made in the Off-Topic wouldn't count towards the overall post count the problem would get solved (at least up to a degree).

Keep in mind that the welcome-board also shouldn't. Just look how it looks in there :s

#13 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

And what exactly is the difference between a guy who got 5 posts and a guy who got 500 posts? Maybe you're just a butt hurt internet clown who can't stand other people having fun whatsoever? Get a life bro.
P.S And this is posted in the help section, nice wan :D

Is not going to grow your penis because you have over9000 post ;) Maybe you need that life.

I think that the "Welcome new citizens" section is worst than Off-Topic. In Off-Topic at least there is serious posts D:

In my opinión, probably the best solution is to detele Welcome forum and make a pinned thread in Off-Topic for people introduce oneself.

kife.jpg

#14 Ice Killa

Ice Killa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

"...it would be good idea to get rid of this counter or maybe just move it to profile page."

#15 DaLe

DaLe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

@UP

Yea, that works pretty fine, but what if that person wrote 500 posts which should be deleted, because they are stupid/spam/not related to the topic/he says again what was already said? And moderator needs to read 'em all. It's really hard :P

Then hit the report button? You know, probably they have yellow or red-light and emergency alarm or so when anyone does that, meaning they'll check it out if there is reason thereto...

Edited by DaLe, 13 August 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#16 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

well, that is good idea, disable post counts in welcoming section and off topic, add reputation system,that will in rease meaningful posts and decrease the spam posts. People mostly going for off topic section to increase the posts counts, well , I dont see the problem of welcoming every player, theres no harm of it at all, but getting to know people is good though.
For spam, just follow the rules xtasia create. the report if you found a real spam.

Is not going to grow your penis because you have over9000 post ;) Maybe you need that life.

I think that the "Welcome new citizens" section is worst than Off-Topic. In Off-Topic at least there is serious posts D:

In my opinión, probably the best solution is to detele Welcome forum and make a pinned thread in Off-Topic for people introduce oneself.

I agree with the pinned topic, this will prevent every new topic per new user. nice suggestion.

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#17 Dimow Brando

Dimow Brando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationHoly Empire of Pakistan

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

This is the solution!

DIO DIO DIO

#18 kszonek1380

kszonek1380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

I dont think you got the case.

Counter under the avatar encourages trolls to spam. I used to moderate and believe me, removing this posts only seems like a solution, it definitely is not for a guy who needs to do the work.

As you said, it wont grow anyones penis, so why do we keep this counter in visible place? Lets move it to the profile page and problem solved.

• Gucio and Ice Killa like this

#19 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

This is the solution!

Apparently this wouldn't be a solution at all, since there are butt hurt people who can't stand the fact they got 5 posts and someone else has 50, 150 or even 500 lol :D

It would be totally the same, the 'spam' is still going to be alive. You'll just have to remove the welcome and the off-topic sections so nobody 'spams' there :)

Edited by invaluable, 13 August 2013 - 07:25 AM.

f8RA4.gif

#20 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

You're all spamers here with more then 200 posts for first day :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users