#21 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Well, lets be honest, if you kill the spam, you kill the forum. Simple as that.

f8RA4.gif

#22 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well, lets be honest, if you kill the spam, you kill the forum. Simple as that.

No kill the spam, just "welcome" posts.

kife.jpg

#23 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

No kill the spam, just "welcome" posts.

Which would be... uhm, pointless?

f8RA4.gif

#24 Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationkitchen

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

TBH, a "welcome" board is nothing but spam. If someone  who is not well known on eRep posts a "hello" there and a few good natured souls from his/her eCountry were to greet it would be a nice thing. 99% of the time this is not the case. So my advice is the same I give everywhere on the internet, if something does not interest you THEN DON'T READ IT! How simple this advice is, and it works 100% of the time!

Post counter and vote +/- counter is a handy tool to help a new person recognize who is a contributing member of a forum. But the old sarcastic remark that "Everything on the internet isTRUE!" applies here also. :D

• invaluable likes this

#25 0rinda

0rinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Location♥ sLOVEnia ♥

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think that "Today's Top Posters" & "Overall Top Posters" are just inviting people to spam not just off-topic forum part but whole thing. Now you need to question yourself, did admins do that on purpose or not? They want this forum to work, so this could explain counting posts (I am just asking myself out loud, I'm not saying this is what they wanted). In my opinion, it sux and it should be removed.

I want useful topics and I want participate in debates and help people. I can't do this if two thirds are trying to get their number of posts higher and higher. This forum is joined by thousands of people, so get rid of spammers (which means get rid of that ridiciolus boards of who posted more posts) and spamming content (and I mean on legal content, not illegal, so don't try to tell me to report it).

And if any admin/moderator is reading my post, please as well read this topic:

http://forum.erepubl...on-forum-rules/

Cheers

#26 Mlendea Horatiu

Mlendea Horatiu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationRomania, Oradea

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Their rating should be shown instead of the number of posts

:) ██████ :)n4ss.png :) ██████ :)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___DRACONES INVICTUS__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

#27 St0L3n1

St0L3n1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationKarachi, Pakistan

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

The simple solution will be, disable the post count of "Welcome new citizens. Introduce yourself!" & "Off-topic"

Edited by St0L3n1, 15 August 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#28 Mlendea Horatiu

Mlendea Horatiu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationRomania, Oradea

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

The simple solution will be, disable the post count of "Welcome new citizens. Introduce yourself!" & "Off-topic"

Or even deleting the Welcome section at all, because it is just a bunch of topics with two words of subject and message... but a huge amount of spam replies...

:) ██████ :)n4ss.png :) ██████ :)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___DRACONES INVICTUS__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

#29 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Or even deleting the Welcome section at all, because it is just a bunch of topics with two words of subject and message... but a huge amount of spam replies...

kife.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users