43 replies to this topic

#1 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:16 PM

Dear Citizens,

We’re updating the fight system on the web version to match the Deployment mechanic on the mobile version.

Fight Deployment

The deploy allows Citizens to choose the amount of resources (weapons and energy) they want to spend on the battlefield and just enjoy the fight without the tedious clicking.

For a limited time, the deploy feature will run in parallel with the classic fight system, so we can iron out any bugs and usability issues that might occur. You can switch between “Classic Fight” and “Deploy Mode” while on the battlefield page.

web-Deployment.png

In the deployment preparation phase you need to select your weapons (1) and the energy to fight with (either by using the slider (2), typing in the energy amount or using the shortcuts Food & Max).

Starting a Deployment (3) will commit the selected resources (Food, Weapons, Energy Bars etc) and they will no longer appear in your inventory.

During the deployment, your resources will be gradually consumed to deal damage over time. As the deploy is in progress, your Citizen will fight either until the deploy is finished or the Citizen cancels the deploy (even if the Citizen leaves the battle page or closes the browser). In case the deployment has been cancelled earlier (either by the Citizen or because of an external factor, like a battle ending), any unused resources will be returned back to the storage.

You can only deploy in one battle at a given time.
While you are Deployed you can activate boosters but you cannot travel, eat, fight or use any bombs.

The duration of a Deployment depends on the total amount of energy committed.
Any energy gained from level-ups will automatically be added and consumed (before other energy items committed, such as energy bars) in the Deployment.
At the end of the Deployment, you will receive a Deployment Report and all unspent resources will be added back in your inventory.

Puzzle Captcha & Wall Influence of new accounts

As part of our efforts to ensure a fair gaming environment for all Citizens, we will also be testing a new anti-script protection together with the deploy.

New accounts will gradually be able to convert their damage into influence, as they gain military ranks (progress is available on the respective wiki pages: wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Aircraft_rank and erepublik.com/index.php/Military_rank).

As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback!

• vgriquel likes this

#2 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

TL;DR

#3 Keithunder

Keithunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

The slider thing does not work on google chrome. I am now locked out of Erep on my main browser :(

#4 Mixliarder

Mixliarder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

In my opinion, it will kill the whole fun of fighting and generally watching countries battles. With manual fighting you could control the damage and stop whenever you wanted, with deployment you will need to know how much damage you make with how many hits.

Besides, making 2 clicks to deploy will be so extremely boring... 

This choice should stay - either you use old system, or the new deployment system.

Edited by Mixliarder, 22 October 2019 - 12:55 PM.

• Zordacz, MaZzA, Misho and 5 others like this

#5 Espalha Brazas

Espalha Brazas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

I would like to see an option of number of hits in another slider, with buttons for 25 hit, 50 hit and 75 hit for use in daily orders, and Freedom Fighter

• Hitti-Litti, MaZzA, Misho and 4 others like this

#6 Herr Perfekt

Herr Perfekt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:58 PM

Would be nice to see how much damage you will do using the number of fights and quality of weapon you choose. In normal mode you can always stop when you reach the number of hits and/or the amount of damage you want to do.

Also agree with Espalha Brazas, being able to choose a specific amount of hits would be useful when you just want to complete daily orders or Freedom Fighter.

Edited by Herr Perfekt, 22 October 2019 - 01:00 PM.

• Al Borland likes this

#7 Stargazer89

Stargazer89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

as Mixliarder said, you should leave both options, so we can freely choose either to fight or to deploy

I for one really like Fighting, Deployment seems so boring 

I never used any scripts, I don't wanna start now :D

Prijem!

• Misho and Black Lethal like this

#8 Mister Y

Mister Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFresis (UD)

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Hello. It would be better if we can have the option to choose the number of kills, instead of just food and weapons. For example, we want to kill the 25 enemies for the daily order only, so we choose "kill 25 enemies" and we click deploy, then food and weapons will be consumed automatically.

• Hitti-Litti, Exalted Druid and Al Borland like this

#9 trelo maximi

trelo maximi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

How much will be the time needed for each deployment? And how is this time related with the amount of energy used?

• Democr1tus likes this

#10 UdinLegug

UdinLegug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

good job plato, block all script for fair play

#11 Keithunder

Keithunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

OK I worked it out you click and move the big arrow not on the image!

#12 goraz

goraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

Well normal fighting is still there and you have option to choose deployment, so what's the problem? Did I miss sth?

#13 hcmadman

hcmadman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSouth of the mason dixon line.

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

This had better not take my "tedious clicking" away entirely once this thing is fully implemented.

Also, why was the update sent to the PM inbox? Messages have been doing strange things since yesterday and this could explain why.

#14 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

When I pulled the bar max to right side it said 5000-ish energy and 50 bars and all worked kind of smooth when I pressed deploy button. But it never worked when I wrote a manuel figure >5000.

Firefox Quantum, Latest MacOS

#15 Masf

Masf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Please add the option to choice a number of kills

• Al Borland likes this

#16 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

This had better not take my "tedious clicking" away entirely once this thing is fully implemented.

Also, why was the update sent to the PM inbox? Messages have been doing strange things since yesterday and this could explain why.

All latest updates are sent this way. Would be beneficial to know the definition of strange things :)

Well normal fighting is still there and you have option to choose deployment, so what's the problem? Did I miss sth?

For a limited time, the deploy feature will run in parallel with the classic fight system.

How much will be the time needed for each deployment? And how is this time related with the amount of energy used?

You'll have to do some maths and tests ;)

#17 Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

You are either fighting for a set number of kills or a set damage amount. Rarely are you going all in which this would be at least decent at.   You need to be able to set a number of kills you want or a damage goal you want. Setting energy used is of little value at all.

Not sure who ever came up with this actually plays the game. 

• Zordacz and Black Lethal like this

#18 rubber2012

rubber2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

but if I wanted to make only 25 kills? 50 killings?  or a specific number of kills? why can't I decide?

but if I wanted to do 100 million damage and stop?

when will there be events with kills?

Edited by rubber2012, 22 October 2019 - 07:33 PM.

#19 Weekstrom

Weekstrom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Nice addition for the ones wanting it, but you should keep them both so people can choose.

Reasons to keep the clicking are easy found;

- People want to do do 25 kills for DO.

- People want to do 25, 50 or 75 kills for FF medal.

- People want to do 25 kills for Merc medal

- People want to sell 1 hit and want to do that fast, just by clicking once fast without all the deployment hassle

- People will start to fight and see if they are alone/first, especially in air without having to do all kind off deployment actions first.

- People want to do hits till xx damage is done

A few issues can be solved by adding a "do x kills" or "do y damage" options but just doing 1 or a few kills is always faster by clicking the fight button a few times. Not to mention the fact on a mobile it will be a hell of a job to do the slicing and such as your phone will likely zoom in/zoom out which will make it hard to do it justly.

So keep them both. Or just keep the click option only as most people that are bored with clicking use stuff++ to order x kills anyway.

• B2rS, MaZzA, Stargazer89 and 2 others like this

#20 Mixliarder

Mixliarder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:25 PM

Oh, thanks Weekstrom, legit points! I have actually forgot to mention that I play eRepublik like 50/50 from laptop & phone and I can tell you that this is a real damn hell to play it with deploy function from phone. Slider is moving the whole screen left/right, zooming in/out, even if the puzzle is in the right place, it shows like it isn't. When timer for validation goes to 0s, it can't be closed and the whole page just practically freezes. UI/UX is completely a mistake when it comes to deploying from phone. Tested on iPhone X + latest OS. 

Just keep both and make everyone happy that way. People going epics/all-in/tanking will use the new system, people going specific number of kills/damage will use the old one.

• B2rS, Stargazer89 and Black Lethal like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users