• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have been a fan of the Nets since 2004, basically because when I played NBA Live they were the worst team but had the fan base and ability to become good. Since then they have moved to Brooklyn with a new billionaire owner (who gives not one fu*k about the luxury tax) and a magnificent new stadium. I might be a bit biased but the Nets have put together one of the most solid 5's in the league. It's hard to find a team that beats the Nets in every position and in bench strength. Williams, Johnson, Pierce/Kirilenko, Garnett and Lopez is a dream for a fan and I look forward to battling it out for those high Eastern Conference positions.

Tim_Holtz: "ill rename it the White Pride Party"

#2 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I realised after I wrote this that It said League instead of the Association. I'm a bit confused why it wont let me edit my own thread.

#3 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Dare I admit that as a kid when basketball was shown regularly on British Terrestrial I was a fan of the Jazz?

Nah Better not xD

#4 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Golden State made the right move in acquiring Iguodala.

Houston made the wrong move in acquiring Dwight.

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:18 AM.

#5 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Haha... NBL is in Australia :P

Well, all I could say is the Warriors made a good move in getting Iguodala. It would help Curry and Thompson alot. 

Wrong moves for Houston (yes Houston)

D12 is not as prominent as he was before.

Yeah it was in my mind when writing the title as I'm from Australia :P

The Warriors have a really solid 5 and depth on the bench. You would expect them to at least finish top 4 at the very worst. In some ways with the Rockets I agree, Howard is the best center in the world that cannot be disputed, but it limits a smaller market team like the Rockets immensely. They have to hope that Lin can pull his weight consistently, Parsons maintains and exceeds his form from last year and their bench somehow displays a high level of competence. 

Dare I admit that as a kid when basketball was shown regularly on British Terrestrial I was a fan of the Jazz?

Nah Better not xD

Nothing to be ashamed of, the Jazz have an incredibly talented young team with a ton of cap space. Probably the best of the young teams.

#6 Crossover MC

Crossover MC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Clippers 

#7 RitaOra plus377 45 544 085

RitaOra plus377 45 544 085

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

who want a 1 vs 1 game :P

2.00 cm, 17 years old, Horoscope: Lion :P

#8 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

who want a 1 vs 1 game :P

2.00 cm, 17 years old, Horoscope: Lion :P

Two centimeters?

San Antonio can win the championship as long as Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili stay healthy while Green and Leonard stay productive.

Los Angeles can do nothing else except hope for the best with Kaman.

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:22 AM.

#9 Lovatic

Lovatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

i like Lakers and Thunder.

#10 Udarnik Fabijan

Udarnik Fabijan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Celtics fan here. Its going to be a hard season, and harder then ever securing play off spot in the East. Considering Pistons and Cavs getting stronger.

"Don't Happy, Be Worry." Rambo Amadeus

#11 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Celtics fan here. Its going to be a hard season, and harder then ever securing play off spot in the East. Considering Pistons and Cavs getting stronger.

There are rumors that a JenningsRondo trade is an option.

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:23 AM.

#12 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Yep, they're losing star players, but there are rumors that a Jennings-Rondo trade is an option.

You would hope not if you're a Celtic fan. Rondo > Jennings. Jennings has not remotely lived up to the hype surrounding him.

#13 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

I don't like the idea too. Rondo is a crowd favourite.

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:24 AM.

#14 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, I don't like the idea too. Rondo is a crowd favorite in Boston I guess.

Yup, and as it stands I don't think Boston will falter too much this season. They just need to dump the big contracts given to them by the Nets, use their draft picks well (including the extra ones) and bring in the right players in FA. Boston should be able to allure the best.

#15 Fico94

Fico94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

My favourite player is CP3, and team boston. Heat will probably be on 1st position on the east, especially if oden be healthy, bulls, pacers, knicks and nets will be from 2nd to 5th, detroit has a really good roster, but I think they can't be better then 6, and probably cavaliers (if bynum won't play bowling :D) and bucks will be in playoffs. On the west it's hard to predict who will be first, but i expect spurs (duncan, manu and green must play good), clippers, warriors, grizzlies, thunder (if RW and KD won't be injured), timberwolves (if pek stay, and love play more then 50 games), rockets and I expect pellicans in playoffs. Nuggets without coach Karl, lakers (without DH, kobe is injured, and steve nash is not good as he was 10 years ago), utah without AJ, dirk with only one star-Monta Ellis, trail blazers, in my opinion are not capable for playoffs, suns and kings are there only to fight for 14th position on the west.

#16 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

My favourite player is CP3, and team boston. Heat will probably be on 1st position on the east, especially if oden be healthy, bulls, pacers, knicks and nets will be from 2nd to 5th, detroit has a really good roster, but I think they can't be better then 6, and probably cavaliers (if bynum won't play bowling :D) and bucks will be in playoffs. On the west it's hard to predict who will be first, but i expect spurs (duncan, manu and green must play good), clippers, warriors, grizzlies, thunder (if RW and KD won't be injured), timberwolves (if pek stay, and love play more then 50 games), rockets and I expect pellicans in playoffs. Nuggets without coach Karl, lakers (without DH, kobe is injured, and steve nash is not good as he was 10 years ago), utah without AJ, dirk with only one star-Monta Ellis, trail blazers, in my opinion are not capable for playoffs, suns and kings are there only to fight for 14th position on the west.

I essentially agree besides the Kings part. They have put together a solid list and with a new front office you could see them doing very well.

#17 Andreas Mihai

Andreas Mihai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in time

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Spurs Fun since 2001 i can say that back then i was Duncan fun now i am a total SPUR !!

Time is the only critic without ambition

#18 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

lakers (without DH, kobe is injured, and steve nash is not good as he was 10 years ago)

Los Angeles will probably have a better season this year. Kobe Bryant will return before the season starts. Steve Nash will be healthy again. Dwight Howard is gone. Nick Young is the one I am hoping to step up.

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:26 AM.

#19 Udarnik Fabijan

Udarnik Fabijan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

If Ainge trades Rondo he will destroy everything. I can understand KG and Pierce trade. Celtics now have a lot of talent wich has to grow around Rondo, primary Green, Bradley, Sullinger and Brooks.

"Don't Happy, Be Worry." Rambo Amadeus

#20 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

My prediction for the 2013–14 NBA season:

Regular season

Western Conference: Spurs (1), Thunder (2), Clippers (3), Warriors (4), Rockets (5), Lakers (6), Grizzlies (7), Pelicans (8)

Eastern Conference: Bulls (1), Heat (2), Knicks (3), Pacers (4), Nets (5), Pistons (6), Bobcats (7), Hawks (8)

Best record goes to the Bulls with 62–20.

Conference quarterfinals

Western Conference: Spurs defeat Pelicans 4–1, Thunder defeat Grizzlies 4–2, Lakers defeat Clippers 4–2, Warriors defeat Rockets 4–1

Eastern Conference: Bulls defeat Hawks 4–0, Heat defeat Bobcats 4–3, Knicks defeat Piston 4–2, Pacers defeat Nets 4–3

Conference semifinals

Western Conference: Warriors defeat Spurs 4–2, Lakers defeat Thunder 4–3

Eastern Conference: Bulls defeat Pacers 4–2, Heat defeat Knicks 4–3

Conference finals

Western Conference: Warriors defeat Lakers 4–1

Eastern Conference: Bulls defeat Heat 4–2

Finals

Bulls defeat Warriors 4–2

Awards

Season MVP: Derrick Rose, LeBron James, or Kobe Bryant

Finals MVP: Derrick Rose

Edited by Boy Pick Up, 05 February 2021 - 01:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users