#21 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sorry, but that's the basic idea of the new economic module they will introduce: waiting times. Train, wait x hours, produce wrm, wait x hours, produce weps and so on. Waiting times exist in many games. That's how they think they will deal with overproduction.

Its just gonna annoy players cause its trying to force them to log in many times a day.

• Demonaire likes this

#22 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

This are interesting considerations overall, but this is only a part or economic system and in any possible implementation we would have to think about some other variables. (I'm not even talking about the fact that it would be too too complicated in comparision to what we have now). The whole system has to be designed with this considerations in mind so that it could become a part of game mechanics.

If we simplify that idea we would speak about diminishing returns in productivity of raw material companies based on the amount of resourced that were used (=produced) in a region or country. It has to be bound on region or population count in any possible way. Binding it to region count is not possible cause countries have too different region counts that are based on nothing really. So it has to be bound on population count - it can result two possible ways

( a ) limit is put on whole country - citizens will just compete among themselves creating more and more production capacities and not increasing production with it

( b ) limit is put individually per player - much better option. This way production can have diminishing returns based on the number of companies individual players has (we can think of any funny reason for it - like a citizen has bought a permission from his state for a limited amount of resources or limited area).

But in fact there is indirectly a limit of type ( b ) in this game - this is the amount of food player can consume per day (=individual limit per player) and only part of it is regularly spend on production. We come to the point where the main idea of this suggestion of the game is already implemented into this game.

My general suggestion is that we can solve the problem not only from the side of production, but also from the side of consumption. (=we don't have overproduction, we have low consumption, this is what I'm assuming)

Demonaire, I would like to hear from you what you think anout this in general. Maybe in a discussion we can come to some well designed game mechanic proposal

Edited by Nobody.ua, 15 November 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#23 Yakou

Yakou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

My general suggestion is that we can solve the problem not only from the side of production, but also from the side of consumption. (=we don't have overproduction, we have low consumption, this is what I'm assuming)

Sorry but low consumption and overproduction are the same. Admins try to make many event to resolve the problem by consumption. But this never solve anithing for a long time. Yes too many players produces the same thing. In v1 you can have many different production. So, i think this is the only way to fix economy. More goods allows to divides production. For example,just think how many moving tickets can be sold by days if you need to buy them ? 

#24 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Low consumtion and overproduction are not the same, these are mean of solving the same problem. Consumption problem is not solved simply cause all the measures are temporary, but this is a possible direction to go on with. Tickets industry could be a possible source of solving consumption problem dependent on industry mechanics - but only the minor one, overproduction of FRM doesn't go away with tickets industry unless you use FRM to produce tickets)

#25 Gydausi

Gydausi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Great post. But you know... they dont care. Erepublik needs new owners of the company for atleast some kind of change... once again they do not care. Month after month nothing else happens just some stupid limited offers or stupid updates that doesint matter or making the game worse then it is!

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

#26 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well , new "newcomer experience" has nothing with core mechanics, it is just to increase retention rate by giving newcomer more than "ok you worked and trained and now come back tomorrow"

#27 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

crap idea sorry you cant change the economy from :  wealth = number of factories to wealth = poopshoot

there is players in smaller countries with about 1 or 2 resource bonuses that somehow make an income.  just think macro economics rather.

it seems you would rather like to make players poorer?  its easy if supply > demand   change demand.

mh4l.png

#28 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

I never thought the eR developers would really implement my idea to the game.  w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Of course, they implemented it with some changes, but still...  w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Well, people, now you know to which person you can blame for this update.

As for me... 

giphy.gif

Edited by Demonaire, 23 May 2017 - 03:34 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Basics, raw, companies, factories, productivity, bonus, food, weapons, economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users