• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Calao

Calao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm sorry if there is already a suggestion like this, but I didn't go through all the posts.

I suggest the creation of a banking system.

The concept is simple enough to be grasped by anyone, and I'm sure the administration team will understand what I mean.

There is no surefire way to make money in this game, specially for the newer players, who find themselves completely lost when it comes to being self sustaining. Every investment in this game has ups and downs, and most of them more downs than ups, so a simple banking system, with a fixed or variable interest rate (maybe influenced by other game factors), would be a tremendous help for those that are clueless as far as money making is concerned.

Make it a 6% anual interest rate, deposits being available for 1 week, 2 weeks and 1 month. Maybe create some special bonus that would increase the interest rate. Make the banks national or worldwide, up to you.

I'm only suggesting the creation of the system, the details are up to the developers.

EDIT: forgot to mention that there should be a maximum limit to the deposits. Obviously, richer players get more advantages, and a limit would make it fair for everyone. And make the interest rate 10%, 6% is really low, I just realized that :P

Edited by Calao, 15 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.

• IDEIAS and Kumcheg like this

#2 Divus Bean

Divus Bean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

There is no surefire way to make money in this game, specially for the newer players, who find themselves completely lost when it comes to being self sustaining.

There is no point in self sustaining. You should manufacture something, sell it and buy what you need. If all players become self sustained the marketplace loses its purpose.

Every investment in this game has ups and downs, and most of them more downs than ups, so a simple banking system, with a fixed or variable interest rate (maybe influenced by other game factors), would be a tremendous help for those that are clueless as far as money making is concerned.

Where would the banks invest money? Players can invest in the Monetary Market and earn money that way.

#3 Calao

Calao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

If you look at it closely, you'll see any kind of investment made on companies barely pays for itself in the (very) long run, taking into account the price of raws or the employees wages and the country's taxes. Even taking advantage of the upgrade promos. More even now with the new work tax, which reduces the little profit made by working yourself.

Self sustenance includes, obviously, the ability to generate money, apart from only manufacturing what you need. Unless you produce A LOT, which means you're already as rich as it gets, you'll still need to get stuff from the marketplace, be it extra weapons and/or food when competitions come around, or just to feed a rocket factory.

The banking system would be fueled by the game mechanics.

If it was a "plato" bank, people would just receive the interest; where the money comes from, it doesn't matter.

If it was a national bank, the bank could receive 12% interest for all the money deposited from internal game mechanics, of which 10% would be given to the depositing players. The countries would receive 2% free money.

The monetary market sucks. 2000 cc takes the full expiration time to convert into 10 gold, IF you don't touch it. You can buy 10g a day for 208cc, and wait for a rise to sell it for about 220cc, but that is too random to be worthwhile, not everyone's a stock player.

Besides, one thing does not prevent the other.

If the objective, as it was put when introducing the new work tax, is to make this game more like real life, a simple bank would be the most basic thing to implement. Right after bathrooms. We need those. :D

• Kumcheg likes this

#4 2503830

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Interest rate shouldn't be 'fixed" but negociated.

How about a form that both the lender and the borrower agree to fill with the same values - and then when both click the "sign" button they are through the game system forced to pay it back.

1. through deduction from salary / income

2. if the borrower has no money saved up for his rates then the system should transfer the building purchased to the lender ( this only works for factories )

3.Lending can only be done for factory purchases, not for monetary market speculations or black market trade, or anything the game cannot 'trace' or "take" from the borrower as colateral.

#5 2503830

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

There is no point in self sustaining. You should manufacture something, sell it and buy what you need. If all players become self sustained the marketplace loses its purpose.

Where would the banks invest money? Players can invest in the Monetary Market and earn money that way.

In the same place RL banks invest money. They lend it out to people who need it.

In this case to build factories.

A form like most MUs have for supplies can be used to fill out for a loan.

And the colateral is the very same thing one buys. This only works for factories though.

Ie:

I want to build a Q1 food factory but i have no gold, i go to this bank andtake a loan of 10g to cover up the missing portion for the factory.

a) i pay monthly 1g for 12 months ( assuming a 20% interest )

B) i don't pay on time and the bank takes my factory

i cannot sell the factory to escape or cheat the system.

I cannot donate it, or i cannot sell it to transfer the gold and again cheat the system.

Sure i can QUIT the game and the bank loes but i gain nothing since the good or gold cannot be transfered from that account.

I'm sure any exploit ppl think off can be 'plugged" if the devs really think hard about it.

And presto! we got a bank.

#6 Calao

Calao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

I didn't have in mind a loan system, but I suppose it could be implemented alongside.

#7 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

i think first we need, governmet bonds.  

so governements can run deficits, can can cause inflation.  and get us out of this deflation.    it would work like this.

governemt issues 3000 usd worth of bonds,   on the  government page it would show how much was available.  then a player could click buy bond.  

they get 100 bond in their inventory with the current date one it.  or a timmer.   after a month the player can go back to the government page and turn the bond in for 3300.  

there would be a bond market.  so if players wanted to they could sell their bonds to other players.  

why would this stop inflation?    it is almost like printing money.    to increase the money supply and demand for goods.  the government would issue bonds and declare war and spend all the money it made.  then prices rise.    because governments no longer need to hold a huge cash reserve for war time they don't and all that currency goes into circulation.   

because governemts cannot go inactive,  bonds would alwaays have some value :)   well unless the government stopped getting tax money.    

if the governmet is out of currency the bond could be sold to another player or held until the governmet gets more tax money. 

this is what i think would be really interesting, it would add a "savings account" with a government back rate of return.    and loans,   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: economy, bank, interest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users