50 replies to this topic

#21 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Cant deal with STRATEGY then don't play STRATEGY GAMES ! that's what the answer should be for people who support a tactic less battle

Unfortunately its a business.

#22 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Unfortunately its a business.

The current version has a bad economy and boring battles and that's why this game is stuck on 200k players instead of growing

#23 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

The current version has a bad economy and boring battles and that's why this game is stuck on 200k players instead of growing

Well once they tried to make more complex but players didnt like it,lost lot of players

So its still better to make it simple it seems

#24 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Well once they tried to make more complex but players didnt like it,lost lot of players

So its still better to make it simple it seems

Make a poll and you'll see most will support to kill simpleness :)

#25 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Make a poll and you'll see most will support to kill simpleness :)

but when the change made then suddenly everybody wants back the simple....

#26 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

but when the change made then suddenly everybody wants back the simple....

well as far as i see it you want it simple and find excuses blaming others as if they also want it

#27 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

well as far as i see it you want it simple and find excuses blaming others as if they also want it

No

I just explained you why making more complex will never happen again.

#28 Liquid Oxygen

Liquid Oxygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Trust me, the only people who liked V2 were the people who have nothing to do but sit at their PCs all day. I was a V1 tank that HATED the V2 module, because unlike in V1, where the player was able to CHOOSE their level of involvement, V2 REQUIRED your involvement to be able to do ANYTHING. Taking choice out of the hands of the players will always be a horrible idea, and more importantly, any time you complicate things more for new players, their level of involvement will always be on the side of simple > complex.

The complaints were never about the complexity for me, but about the time requirement, and more importantly, my endless hatred for the "time management" module.

• Rusto likes this

#29 Thindael

Thindael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

V2 was the best module of eRepublik because this module was THE BEST IN STRATEGY no only 2 cliks, If you want be a 2 clikers please don't play because other want play a game with strategy and now eRepublik is without it...  ^_^

• bonjik likes this

#30 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Trust me, the only people who liked V2 were the people who have nothing to do but sit at their PCs all day. I was a V1 tank that HATED the V2 module, because unlike in V1, where the player was able to CHOOSE their level of involvement, V2 REQUIRED your involvement to be able to do ANYTHING. Taking choice out of the hands of the players will always be a horrible idea, and more importantly, any time you complicate things more for new players, their level of involvement will always be on the side of simple > complex.

The complaints were never about the complexity for me, but about the time requirement, and more importantly, my endless hatred for the "time management" module.

Now this is pretty much I talked about,that was a fail,except that i didnt focused enough of how badly v2 hexa was designed-> needed hours to just do the FF

#31 Liquid Oxygen

Liquid Oxygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

V2 was the best module of eRepublik because this module was THE BEST IN STRATEGY no only 2 cliks, If you want be a 2 clikers please don't play because other want play a game with strategy and now eRepublik is without it...  ^_^

I said I was a tank, not a two clicker, but V2's war module forced me into the role of a 2 clicker because I didn't have time to participate in it. If you seriously think that having to wait 5 minutes for each player, sometimes numbering in the hundreds, just to make a move or two is a good idea, then it's probably a good idea you're not in marketing.

#32 Thindael

Thindael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

I said I was a tank, not a two clicker, but V2's war module forced me into the role of a 2 clicker because I didn't have time to participate in it. If you seriously think that having to wait 5 minutes for each player, sometimes numbering in the hundreds, just to make a move or two is a good idea, then it's probably a good idea you're not in marketing.

They can put a v2 module with anything from actual module for people 2 clikers.

#33 Liquid Oxygen

Liquid Oxygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

They can put a v2 module with anything from actual module for people 2 clikers.

You completely missed the point. From a BUSINESS aspect, the point of a successful module is to appeal to AS MANY PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE IN ALL FORMS, FUNCTIONALITIES AND MECHANICS, THAT WAY, YOU HAVE BIGGER OPPORTUNITIES TO SELL THEM YOUR PRODUCT, AND CAN GIVE POTENTIAL ADVERTISERS AN AVENUE TO MAKE MORE MONEY BY HAVING THEM SEEN BY MORE PEOPLE.

V2 was great as a niche game, but if you're making a niche game, you're automatically excluding paying customers and potential paying customers. There's a reason why clones like Cyberrep failed, man. They implemented mostly V2 mechanics and now nobody plays that game. eRep would have been the same if they kept them. As it was, they lost over half their playerbase because of V2.

Also, eRepublik is NOT marketed as just as "strategy" game, it's marketed as a social strategy game, with heavy emphasis on social over strategy. Why? BECAUSE IT APPEALS TO THE BROADEST DEMOGRAPHIC AVAILABLE. lol

• Shiina Sayane likes this

#34 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

You completely missed the point. From a BUSINESS aspect, the point of a successful module is to appeal to AS MANY PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE IN ALL FORMS, FUNCTIONALITIES AND MECHANICS, THAT WAY, YOU HAVE BIGGER OPPORTUNITIES TO SELL THEM YOUR PRODUCT, AND CAN GIVE POTENTIAL ADVERTISERS AN AVENUE TO MAKE MORE MONEY BY HAVING THEM SEEN BY MORE PEOPLE.

V2 was great as a niche game, but if you're making a niche game, you're automatically excluding paying customers and potential paying customers. There's a reason why clones like Cyberrep failed, man. They implemented mostly V2 mechanics and now nobody plays that game. eRep would have been the same if they kept them. As it was, they lost over half their playerbase because of V2.

Also, eRepublik is NOT marketed as just as "strategy" game, it's marketed as a social strategy game, with heavy emphasis on social over strategy. Why? BECAUSE IT APPEALS TO THE BROADEST DEMOGRAPHIC AVAILABLE. lol

Well you could just lower the time for each turn to like 1 min\30 sec and it ill be much faster :P

btw i don't know whats going in your country but mine keeps shrinking cause the economic model sucks and the military model has no more strategy like in V2.

we had 2k ACTIVE players in V2 now we barley got 200 players and most of them 2-clickers.

#35 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

oh not to mention that when i joined the game was growing and i remember times with 240k players now we got 200k players cause of stupid simpletons like you who are afraid of strategy and thinking.

#36 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Well you could just lower the time for each turn to like 1 min\30 sec and it ill be much faster :P

btw i don't know whats going in your country but mine keeps shrinking cause the economic model sucks and the military model has no more strategy like in V2.

we had 2k ACTIVE players in V2 now we barley got 200 players and most of them 2-clickers.

Economy model not bad actually

Also back then there were many multies and since then filtering them improved a lot.

Not to mention lowering the time wouldnt solve anything,it would still take too much time

Take for example this pvp module called guerilla.

Even though It gives great damage over simple fight I rarely use. ITS BECAUSE HOURS TO JUST DO FOODFIGHT,way too slow still it still lightspeeded compored to what V2 military module was

As already pointed out for you.

V2 military module was a fail:

-Long time old players left the game because of it

-Gold selling was minimal during V2 military module,the very existence of erepublik came into danger

-Only the most hardcore players switched to it or new players

-In forum there were hundreds of hate topics targeting V2 hexa module

So u think admins will try to implent again a V2 hexa military module which almost closed the site down?

U have no sense of reality at all

Edited by Shiina Sayane, 18 August 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#37 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Economy model not bad actually

Also back then there were many multies and since then filtering them improved a lot.

Not to mention lowering the time wouldnt solve anything,it would still take too much time

Take for example this pvp module called guerilla.

Even though It gives great damage over simple fight I rarely use. ITS BECAUSE HOURS TO JUST DO FOODFIGHT,way too slow still it still lightspeeded compored to what V2 military module was

As already pointed out for you.

V2 military module was a fail:

-Long time old players left the game because of it

-Gold selling was minimal during V2 military module,the very existence of erepublik came into danger

-Only the most hardcore players switched to it or new players

-In forum there were hundreds of hate topics targeting V2 hexa module

So u think admins will try to implent again a V2 hexa military module which almost closed the site down?

U have no sense of reality at all

pfff theirs no point to this stupid argument you like the current version , most dont and want to return to 1 of the older ones.

just 1 of the poles in the eco section :

1. Yes(Plato should apply them) (17 votes [53.12%])

2. No(iI think the game's economy need to be changed but i dont like the offered changes). (13 votes [40.62%])

3. No(I think the economy is perfect as it is now) (2 votes [6.25%])

or in other words 93 - 94 % of the players want to change the game because the current version is a BIG fail.

#38 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

This was the best war module in the hirtory of eRepublik, but with some simple problems.

1. It took too much time to fight.

2. Players didn't get any XP

3. It was unbalanced

Well, 2. and 3. are changeable if a new module based on the v2 one is being developed,

but the problem that it takes too much time and attention is harder to solve.

And I think there's no future for the current war module.

It's only about stealing BHs in the last few minutes to get a BH and some Gold...

#39 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

This was the best war module in the hirtory of eRepublik, but with some simple problems.

1. It took too much time to fight.

2. Players didn't get any XP

3. It was unbalanced

Well, 2. and 3. are changeable if a new module based on the v2 one is being developed,

but the problem that it takes too much time and attention is harder to solve.

And I think there's no future for the current war module.

It's only about stealing BHs in the last few minutes to get a BH and some Gold...

1)less time per turn , make max amount of turns(if a certain amount of turns ends the army who did the most kills wins) , who said you have to stay for the whole battle ? , since doing 25 kills per do would be harder maybe lower it . you can have many more solutions.

2)XP doesn't give you any power so it doesn't matter how fast you get it.

3)The current version is more unbalanced since you have no strategy big countries will always win.

#40 Hiraishin619

Hiraishin619

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

v2 masmola :3

• Thindael likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: war, module, v2, eRepublik

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users