•     

Photo

What Is It Needed To Fix The Economy?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: What is it needed to fix the economy?

What is it needed to fix the economy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Excelsior.HMA

Excelsior.HMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think fixing the economy.

#2 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

http://forum.erepubl...p?/topic/1106-/ this's needed :P

Edited by Pitcity, 17 August 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#3 MandiBT

MandiBT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationThe REAL Macedonia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Missions

A leader leads by example not by force.

#4 Volchica Polly

Volchica Polly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationУкраина

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

fixing the economy!!!

Kxc7DAxhx3c.jpg

From Volchica Polly with Love 

#5 Volchica Polly

Volchica Polly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationУкраина

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Missions

No no no! 

Kxc7DAxhx3c.jpg

From Volchica Polly with Love 

#6 Calao

Calao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

None of the above, I'd say.

What was needed was that all you want couldn't be had just by sticking your visa in <_<

#7 Dillan Stone

Dillan Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Fixing the economy will fix the economy.

Wait... that seems like one of those round things.  Like a donut.

#8 Excelsior.HMA

Excelsior.HMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

We have new missions. \o/

Hail admins!

#9 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Q= What is needed to fix the economy?

Many of you answered with this: Fix the economy!

:huh:  what the H*... How do you fix the economy by fixing the economy???  :huh:

That's saying the same as "I eat a banana by eating a banana".  :rolleyes:  oy  :rolleyes:

For more info, look at my wikipage

#10 Elynea

Elynea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNamen

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Fixing the economy

I don't understand since gamers are asking that, why we must ask that again and again.

♥-♡-♥ eBelgium ♥-♡-♥ Kristina161  

http://www.erepublik...l--2501677/1/20

#11 KratoSL

KratoSL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

admins saw this poll and.... added  missions   :P

• psycheaguzz likes this

#12 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

admins saw this poll and.... added  missions   :P

Plato's response : Yes we see all he polls .... and then ignore them :P

#13 Sanchez Pedro

Sanchez Pedro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Fixing the econome and returns to the older modules like the very first one.

#14 Grzechooo

Grzechooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLoland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Fixing the economy would require nuking the game entirely.

#15 Rona1d

Rona1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationTegucigalpa, Honduras

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

they just need to put back the economy skill

#16 Rican

Rican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGeneve

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

The current economic module (if you can call it that) is a total failure.

Plato has to look at some serious suggestions and come up with a fix.

Quick

titan_0.png

if you're not the lead dog...

... the scenery never changes.

#17 Nikola Jitarov

Nikola Jitarov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

The game became boring because the economy module sucks... Don't change it - make entire new economy module! Make it more complex with more industries and currencies. This game is supposed to be a simulation of the real world.... 

Edited by Nikola Jitarov, 28 August 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#18 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

The game became boring because the economy module sucks... Don't change it - make entire new economy module! Make it more complex with more industries and currencies. This game is supposed to be a simulation of the real world.... 

Unfortunately the day's this was called a simulation-game is long gone.

These days it is called a strategy-game(which i would call a lie, as there is nothing strategic about it at all.)

• Syz2 and bonjik like this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#19 Dibex

Dibex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think fixing the economy.

7251613-1.png

#20 Jythier Smith

Jythier Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

We've all known the economy sucks for a while. It's not fun. It's not exciting. There's no money in it. What's going on and what needs to happen to fix it?

The point of the economy is two-fold. One reason the economy exists is to get people to buy gold. People buy gold in order to make new investments, buy country currency, and buy special gold-only things.

The second is to make the game fun for economic-minded people. But any fix needs to first take into account people buying gold, then making the game fun.

The devs are right. Producing and owning capital is a lot more fun than working for someone else and making them money. So they let everyone produce. But there's a problem, see. This is a game, but the developers are not treating it like a game. They're treating it like a world. In the world, there will always be consumers, because you don't have enough time to make everything you need. Here, there's only a couple things you need, instead of thousands in the real world, and everybody can make a whole lot of them, and there's no money in it because there's nobody to buy all that stuff. Also, because everybody can produce what they want, there's also nobody buying gold to buy that stuff. We can make lots of food but we use it all ourselves. We can make lots of weapons but we use it all ourselves. Except we're limited in how much food we can use, artificially limiting the demand for food.

Here's the point.

If we took away the cap for food usage, we would need more food. We would need more weapons because the main use of energy is fighting. We would need to get money to buy those things in the massive quantities we need them in order to fight giant wars. The price of food and weapons would go up, because production of those things would not be able to keep up with the demand anymore, and then, in order to get enough weapons, people would have to pay MORE real money for more gold to buy weapons and food (instead of gold-only energy bars) and it would be worth doing so because it would cause a bigger swing than energy bars ever could.

On top of this, there would even be some profit in having a company again. You could sell all qualities of food for decent prices because there wouldn't be any on the market except for non-combatants, which would reappear because there would be profit again. Right now, there are very few people enjoying this game who aren't fighters. Well, I'm not that big into fighting and I know this game was enjoyable before. We need to do something to make it enjoyable again, because the whole point of the design was to have politics, war, economics, media, etc., all come together and make a community of gamers who are basically living second lives where they could be a great fighting force, a media giant, President of a country (or a party), and a successful capitalist. Now we have a game where you give them your VISA and that will win you a war. The 4 are supposed to work together, with the capitalist funding the wars, and the President running the country and mobilizing the army, and the media writing about how AWESOME the whole thing is.

That's what I want and somebody needs to do something to make it better again.

In conclusion, we're top heavy. It happens when a game has been around for a long time. There are more people who have invested in companies, and without the normal fixed expenses that real companies have that cause them to fail, the companies here aren't failing. So there is only companies that succeed by barely breaking even, and apparently some companies that do great with higher quality stuff and can afford employees.

It used to be you would have to be an employee for a while, build up your skill, and then you'd eventually be good enough to support your own company, or get a high-paying job. Now you just start with all the skill you are going to get. I don't know how people start, but they probably immediately buy their own production buildings, which is way more expensive than just buying it off the market and working a Q7 job.

I suppose the other solution is to get rid of the unlimited time we have via working as a manager. If we made everyone only work one place, or work a single job, then a ton of the production would just vanish overnight. Sure, it would suck for those who bought up all those companies, but they would probably end up making more with what's left than they do with what they have now. Also, this would help stave off the rich-get-richer problem – you can buy all those buildings, so you can get all those resources, so you do way more than I can as a player without those buildings, simply because you're allowed to work in all of them, and I can only work in the couple I have stupidly purchased.

I hope they do something about it, because one of the big draws in this game was how much fun it was to be a media guy and just work and train every day, and make a good wage as my skill leveled up. That was fun for me. I hope everyone else has fun, too, and I hope that someday, a company will make a profit again.

Your favorite editor,
Jythier Smith

• Sharky Melarky likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users