•     

Photo

What Is It Needed To Fix The Economy?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: What is it needed to fix the economy?

What is it needed to fix the economy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 grangiuseppe

grangiuseppe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

e-repulik staff must to get some one knows about economics

#22 plasticola

plasticola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Q= What is needed to fix the economy?

Many of you answered with this: Fix the economy!

:huh: what the H*... How do you fix the economy by fixing the economy??? :huh:
That's saying the same as "I eat a banana by eating a banana". :rolleyes: oy :rolleyes:

Gotta know Excelsior to understand his sense of humor.

Edited by plasticola, 10 September 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

#23 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Q= What is needed to fix the economy?

Many of you answered with this: Fix the economy!

:huh:  what the H*... How do you fix the economy by fixing the economy???  :huh:

That's saying the same as "I eat a banana by eating a banana".  :rolleyes:  oy  :rolleyes:

If you fix the economy, the economy in the game will be fixed.  B)

:P

• cc1432 likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#24 f men

f men

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

to bring back v1

#25 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Your logic is flawless. :D  :lol:

• cc1432 likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#26 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I am TUDOR CORNELIU and i approuve this message!

I am bound by rationality !

#27 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Your logic is flawless. :D  :lol:

It's the logic of a politician. w00t.gif

Edited by Demonaire, 16 September 2013 - 02:00 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#28 Harjakainen

Harjakainen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

In old days there was bot in market, which bought products and kept prices decent

That kind bot can be solution of economy problems.

#29 Martin von Anhalt

Martin von Anhalt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Either the economy get fixed instead of getting new missions every few days or I sure won't pay one cent for this game again easy.

#30 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

In old days there was bot in market, which bought products and kept prices decent

That kind bot can be solution of economy problems.

Stupidity at its highest. And we also had 1 gold = 3000 cc, also because of the bot :))

Edited by cc1432, 31 October 2013 - 10:09 AM.

I am bound by rationality !

#31 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

We've all known the economy sucks for a while. It's not fun. It's not exciting. There's no money in it. What's going on and what needs to happen to fix it?

The point of the economy is two-fold. One reason the economy exists is to get people to buy gold. People buy gold in order to make new investments, buy country currency, and buy special gold-only things.

The second is to make the game fun for economic-minded people. But any fix needs to first take into account people buying gold, then making the game fun.

The devs are right. Producing and owning capital is a lot more fun than working for someone else and making them money. So they let everyone produce. But there's a problem, see. This is a game, but the developers are not treating it like a game. They're treating it like a world. In the world, there will always be consumers, because you don't have enough time to make everything you need. Here, there's only a couple things you need, instead of thousands in the real world, and everybody can make a whole lot of them, and there's no money in it because there's nobody to buy all that stuff. Also, because everybody can produce what they want, there's also nobody buying gold to buy that stuff. We can make lots of food but we use it all ourselves. We can make lots of weapons but we use it all ourselves. Except we're limited in how much food we can use, artificially limiting the demand for food.

Here's the point.

If we took away the cap for food usage, we would need more food. We would need more weapons because the main use of energy is fighting. We would need to get money to buy those things in the massive quantities we need them in order to fight giant wars. The price of food and weapons would go up, because production of those things would not be able to keep up with the demand anymore, and then, in order to get enough weapons, people would have to pay MORE real money for more gold to buy weapons and food (instead of gold-only energy bars) and it would be worth doing so because it would cause a bigger swing than energy bars ever could.

On top of this, there would even be some profit in having a company again. You could sell all qualities of food for decent prices because there wouldn't be any on the market except for non-combatants, which would reappear because there would be profit again. Right now, there are very few people enjoying this game who aren't fighters. Well, I'm not that big into fighting and I know this game was enjoyable before. We need to do something to make it enjoyable again, because the whole point of the design was to have politics, war, economics, media, etc., all come together and make a community of gamers who are basically living second lives where they could be a great fighting force, a media giant, President of a country (or a party), and a successful capitalist. Now we have a game where you give them your VISA and that will win you a war. The 4 are supposed to work together, with the capitalist funding the wars, and the President running the country and mobilizing the army, and the media writing about how AWESOME the whole thing is.

That's what I want and somebody needs to do something to make it better again.

In conclusion, we're top heavy. It happens when a game has been around for a long time. There are more people who have invested in companies, and without the normal fixed expenses that real companies have that cause them to fail, the companies here aren't failing. So there is only companies that succeed by barely breaking even, and apparently some companies that do great with higher quality stuff and can afford employees.

It used to be you would have to be an employee for a while, build up your skill, and then you'd eventually be good enough to support your own company, or get a high-paying job. Now you just start with all the skill you are going to get. I don't know how people start, but they probably immediately buy their own production buildings, which is way more expensive than just buying it off the market and working a Q7 job.

I suppose the other solution is to get rid of the unlimited time we have via working as a manager. If we made everyone only work one place, or work a single job, then a ton of the production would just vanish overnight. Sure, it would suck for those who bought up all those companies, but they would probably end up making more with what's left than they do with what they have now. Also, this would help stave off the rich-get-richer problem – you can buy all those buildings, so you can get all those resources, so you do way more than I can as a player without those buildings, simply because you're allowed to work in all of them, and I can only work in the couple I have stupidly purchased.

I hope they do something about it, because one of the big draws in this game was how much fun it was to be a media guy and just work and train every day, and make a good wage as my skill leveled up. That was fun for me. I hope everyone else has fun, too, and I hope that someday, a company will make a profit again.

Your favorite editor,
Jythier Smith

Great writing, I propose the next points though.

The first and almost unique expense generator is the military module. That needs to be fixed. If a game claims to offer the user 4 modules for play, then it must secure that all modules generate bigger amount of expenses to promote the use of the market. So, it must have a expense in energy by writing an article, writing a shout, propose and vote a law, donate items, donate money, writing a MP, add a friend, etc, etc, etc. And on the economic and military module, the expenses should be enhanced and amplied (expenses by propose a DO, by establish battle priorities, by use weapons to fight -more quality, more energy spent-, by produce, by work, etc) Besides, as I wrote in other topic, I think the products should have expiration date to destroy the overproduction.

By the other hand, the energy boosters give a great idea about new products: If Plato brings back the gifts (and the diamonds), they could be used, instead of replenish energy, as temporal energy boosters according quality.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users