56 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorG

DoctorG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Let's talk about our favorite books here.  :)

ZH7MZ4c.jpg

• CelarentE and spidermarius like this

Lace up!

#2 Lockedo

Lockedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

I just love The Hunger Games trilogy <3 Probably my favourite books ever!! This is first and currently only book that I know and I like everything about it, there's nothing I would change. (gale <3)

I'm also in love with Pretty Little Liars book series (so much better than the TV Show), The Lying Game book series, Mortal Instruments book series (it's nothing really great but it's fun to read), and of course Harry Potter book series! I have to confess, I didn't read or watch the films until recently, I read all books in June/July and omg, it was soooo goood! Especially last three/two books (Order of Phoenix, Halfblood Prince and Deathly Hallows). I didn't really like films though, they are so childish and I dropped after Goblet of Fire...

#3 KarateMistrz2

KarateMistrz2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hmm, Hungers Games was good, but... Maybe someone read Peter V. Brett books? "Painted Man" "Desert Spear" and "Daylight war"? They are awesome :P

#4 Sturmgewehr44

Sturmgewehr44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

The Stieg Larsson Millenium trilogy and The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg.

Before this,i was not a big mistery fan.I was reading mostly hystorical novels.But this whole scandinavian mystery books curent is unbelieveble.I can wait to go on with another.

Edited by Sturmgewehr44, 12 August 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#5 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Game Of Thrones, King Rat, To Kill A Mockingbird and so many more... I'm just way too lazy to write em all down :D

f8RA4.gif

#6 GSmyrlof

GSmyrlof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Favorite Writer:

Julius Vern (I've read lots of his books)

Favorite Politic - Economic Books:

Communist Manifest (K. Marx, F. Engelns)

State and Revolution (V. Lenin)

Capital (K. Marx)

• KarateMistrz2 likes this

#7 Marinos98

Marinos98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationMACEDONIA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

hunger games!!

I love it!

q74d.jpg

#8 0rinda

0rinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Location♥ sLOVEnia ♥

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

In primary and secondary school we always had must-read books for assigments and they were always bored and I hated the most. Because of that I probably never liked reading books. I prefered playing outside, or was so busy with other stuff in my life that I never took time to read book. Except on holidays. Whenever I went in my childhood anywhere with my parents during holidays at the seaside, I always took few books with me because I knew this is the only thing that could entertain me.

We were at the airport and instead of games such as cards, I chose some adventure pocketbooks (those that I liked description at the back). So they bought me my very first two books.

Digital Fortress and Deception Point of Dan Brown. I loved so much those two books, that next year when I went on holidays with my parents again, I took two more books of this author, Da Vinci Code, which may sound incredible at least for me, I read it in a single day! And Angels and demons. Yesterday I finished reading The Lost Symbol of Brown as well.

Of couse in the meantime I read some other books for example of Raymond Khoury (The Last Templar, The Sanctuary, The Sign) and of David Gibbins (Atlantis, The Last Gospel) and others. Those who know all these books or at least authors, they can see that I love adventure, mysterious stories and books.

From all the mention books above, I'd say that I love books of Dan Brown the most and I suggest for those who didn't read them, and like stories mentioned above, to go in the library and read them. They are amazing. Simply because of all the action, stories which at the end bring a question to you is this a fiction or not (also a question at the back of The Lost Symbol book), and so on.

Harry Potter and books that was later movie filmed based on the story (EDIT: I mean this if I saw the movie first. There were some movies filmed based on the story of books mentioned above, but I read the books first and only after I saw the movies), do not interest me, because I've seen movies and don't want to waste time on reading books with same story (even though stories in movies are usualy a bit different and people say that books are always 100x better than movies - don't care).

That's it.

Enjoy

Edited by 0rinda, 12 August 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#9 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

comics consider as books? confused?

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#10 Hrck

Hrck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

My favourite book : Da Vinci code , one of the best books i have ever read... :)

eSova 4life!

o7

#11 Oblivion.AR

Oblivion.AR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, I'll probably have to go with Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear, by Rothfuss. Even though they have some heavy-reading parts, overall they are quite good, and I'm enthusiastically waiting for the third one to come out.

I've also really enjoyed Ender's GameDune and World War Z. I am yet to read the Foundation series.

If you haven't read them, do so. At the very least read a description of them and choose accordingly to your likings, as long as you are into Sci-Fi or Medieval Fantasy. 

• Taichousan likes this

#12 ebane123

ebane123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

my favourite writer  morgan skot pek  , my favourite book bible of egoist by joseph kirshner and ain rand the fountainhead

Edited by ebane123, 12 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#13 astrozec

astrozec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I love all books written by Jack Daniels  B)

and

Erich Maria Remarque - All Quiet on the western front

Herman Hesse - Demian

Fyodor Dostoevsky - Brothers Karamazov

Edited by astrozec, 12 August 2013 - 05:51 PM.

• spidermarius likes this

#14 CelarentE

CelarentE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

I Like this topic  :P  

#15 kesadzija

kesadzija

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Brothers Karamazov

Dostoyevsky

• spidermarius likes this

#16 Thindael

Thindael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

The White Queen

The Lady of the Rivers

The Kingmaker's Daughter

The Red Queen

Harry Potter

Alas Negras

Alas de Fuego

La Emperatriz de los Etéreos

La Mecánica del Corazón

#17 remi.remi

remi.remi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPacific NW, USA! eSwitzerland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones, my favorite is ASOS), Harry Potter, and Hunger Games are all I think of really anymore.

I'm reading/annotating The Scarlet Letter for English right now though.

Edited by remi.remi, 12 August 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Listen to Applause, new single by Lady Gaga TODAY!  :wub:

#18 gManalishi

gManalishi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I love reading. I'd say my favourite authors are Daphne du Maurier, Doris Lessing, J. D. Salinger, Vladimir Nabokov, J. G. Ballard, Bret Easton Ellis and Jay McInerney among many others.

My favourite books I've discovered in the last few years:
'The Stars My Destination' by Alfred Bester (spectacularly good sci fi).
'Bright Lights Big City' by Jay McInerney (about being 26 and depressed that life isn't what you thought it would be. It's set in the 80s so much coke is had by all).
'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt (a subversive, strange and very original thriller about murder and it's effects on a group of pompous classics scholars. So much better than it sounds).
'The Golden Notebook' by Doris Lessing (very long, very difficult, very experimental and very frustrating at times it astounded me).

Right now I'm working through the books of the brat pack authors from the 80s and 90s mostly, but currently I'm reading 'The Little Friend' by Donna Tartt (a little girl investigates the murder, from years before, of her older brother in the deep south in the 70s) and 'The Shining Girls' by Lauren Beukes (which so far seems to be a high concept thriller about a time travelling serial killer).

#19 Marquis Andras

Marquis Andras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

Wow... too many to name for me

#20 Binda33

Binda33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I thought that the Hunger Games became a bit depressing after the 2nd book. Likewise, I also thought that the Harry Potter books started great but got quite dark on what started as fairly light hearted books that made you laugh and wish you were a witch or wizard. Such a shame that the whole feel to the stories changed. I hate it when main characters are killed off. I want the last couple of those rewritten!

Game of Thrones was great and Dan Brown always worth a read. Almost anything Fantasy is worth a read to me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users