• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic

#221 aghakhan

aghakhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

Ok here is my story! It is up to you admin to learn from it or just ignore it.

I joined the game some time in 2009 and then I am not sure if I really played it or not but I left the game. 2 weeks ago I got an email from erepublik about asking me to come back and that things are much more exciting now (The email was about Iran being liberated ). Anyway I joined back the game with the same account after 5 years and the first few days just to keep up I bought Gold and paid for combat stash and new player offers. I even got 4 BH medals.

Then it comes these new changes which totally ruined the game for me!

Now I feel it is much better for me to even ignore the money that I spend in this game in the first 2-3 days and leave the game as it is no fun.

As someone with background in marketing I should mention that what you guys did is in complete opposite of all the rules of games based marketing. The first rule of game based marketing is that a successful game has to be easy for newcomers and give them points easier and let them advance quicker to hook them up. That is why in a game like Call of Duty you can achieve the first 2-3 levels almost instantly while for the 70+ levels you have to spend weeks. That is why the first 25 levels of candy crush is so easy!

What really baffles me here is that how your company managed to stay financially viable for years while ignoring basics of social game designs? Was it because you were the first one? Was it because of the lack of competition? 

• eclank and ViriathusLusitania like this

#222 ViriathusLusitania

ViriathusLusitania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Unfortunately, they will just ignore what you said, as always.

They went completely all in and bet on former players that could be turn into gold buyers. Not caring with the consequences to all the other players.

What's worse is that neither will they get the results wanted with these old players and they destroyed the game for new players. Revenues from new players will plummet in the coming months and only when it's too obvious the mess they did, only then they will came with a solution even more stupid to try to correct this big mistake.

Ok here is my story! It is up to you admin to learn from it or just ignore it.

I joined the game some time in 2009 and then I am not sure if I really played it or not but I left the game. 2 weeks ago I got an email from erepublik about asking me to come back and that things are much more exciting now (The email was about Iran being liberated ). Anyway I joined back the game with the same account after 5 years and the first few days just to keep up I bought Gold and paid for combat stash and new player offers. I even got 4 BH medals.

Then it comes these new changes which totally ruined the game for me!

Now I feel it is much better for me to even ignore the money that I spend in this game in the first 2-3 days and leave the game as it is no fun.

As someone with background in marketing I should mention that what you guys did is in complete opposite of all the rules of games based marketing. The first rule of game based marketing is that a successful game has to be easy for newcomers and give them points easier and let them advance quicker to hook them up. That is why in a game like Call of Duty you can achieve the first 2-3 levels almost instantly while for the 70+ levels you have to spend weeks. That is why the first 25 levels of candy crush is so easy!

What really baffles me here is that how your company managed to stay financially viable for years while ignoring basics of social game designs? Was it because you were the first one? Was it because of the lack of competition? 

#223 eclank

eclank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

What happened to this? What happened to everything the promised almost a year ago? http://blog.erepubli...-summit-review/

PS: Why this forum don't have a general discussion subforum?

5dxn.png

#224 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

What happened to this? What happened to everything the promised almost a year ago? http://blog.erepubli...-summit-review/

PS: Why this forum don't have a general discussion subforum?

1) I also like to know what's going to be done next with this.

2) Indeed a good adition to this forum

For more info, look at my wikipage

#225 Hugo Bettencourt

Hugo Bettencourt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMinistry of Magic

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Is this dead?

#226 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:43 AM

Is this dead?

STFU, man, Don't you see any update the admins make only worsen the game?

• NoOnexRO and Le0nldas like this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#227 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

Is this dead?

STFU, man, Don't you see any update the admins make only worsen the game?

actually besides the mu updates the rest was implemented .  your typing in suggestion 2.  military page was changed now only change the mu's.  seems fix the economy is a what teh vark concept for plato.

mh4l.png

#228 Hugo Bettencourt

Hugo Bettencourt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

If they do not update this game soon... It will probably die. At least they could make an effort to make new players join.

#229 Mestre Mortalha

Mestre Mortalha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

I do not have this

#230 ItsRaiko

ItsRaiko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

hello?

#231 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

No way to know if this works, without breaking game rules...

#232 Kuzynn

Kuzynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Summer 2013 ~250 000
Today 88 829

gg wp.

#233 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

Summer 2013 ~250 000
Today 88 829

gg wp.

And how is that related to this topic which is about TESTING a new system/interface....

#234 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

And how is that related to this topic which is about TESTING a new system/interface....

Testing everything till perfection and using the feedback of players resulted in the end in a massive decrease of the users. Why is that so hard to understand?

Edited by NoOnexRO, 04 May 2015 - 05:43 AM.

Posted Image

#235 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

You say it is this testing that caused the decline..

But it is blamed on everything for the decline... really everything, even unrelated stuff or things that happened before this "New experience" is to blame for the decline.

#236 Hugo Bettencourt

Hugo Bettencourt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

eRepublik Admins must do something! They cannot let the game we love DIE.

• abdulagazmanov likes this

#237 abdulagazmanov

abdulagazmanov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

hello whant to know can i creat 2 acc in 1 computer ( i mean my brother whants to play too .... )

#238 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

hello whant to know can i creat 2 acc in 1 computer ( i mean my brother whants to play too .... )

As long as you don't transfer anything between those accounts, you should be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users