• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic

#81 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Since I have a job I wont be able to sit here all day clicking every 5 minute for all day.

This change will only benefit for bot users or no lifers without family or job who can click all day.

I wont give up sleeping or my job to play erepublik IF I CANT KEEP UP WITH NO LIFE RULES I WILL QUIT and spend my money elsewhere. You will lose players who comitted to this game for years only to gain the favor of few kids with unlimited time or give everything to bot users.....

I readlly don't understand why it's causing you an issue. As you can see

We saw many concerns about the Strength received during the first days. We want to reassure you that everything is planned so that in the long term there won’t be big differences between how much Strength new players can receive now, and how much Strength new players received a few years ago.

We want to state very clearly that we don't intent to give advantages to the new users with this project. Instead, we are trying to make the new players’ experience more “playable”. We need to “buy” them the time to understand the game and get to the heart of the community.

I really doubt it will affect strong players in any way. I mean I can't see strong players being able to train every 5 minutes, so I would suggest to chill out and wait for the more updates over the next couple of weeks :)

• Mr. Indigo, Derphoof, pejmaaan and 1 other like this

#82 HooDs

HooDs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

oh shit, eRepublik Rising agan :o

#83 cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDeez Nuts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I really, really hope this shit (there not a different word to describe it) will be cancelled, otherwise I will find the inspiration I needed to quit eR

• MaZzA likes this

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

#84 Grimstone

Grimstone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I have no problem with you wanting to retain noobs by helping them get strong quicker etc. The problem I have with just dishing out strength, people have been playing the game 3-4 years and have spent lots of money to grow there characters. So bare that in mind and make sure you protecting your loyal gamers.

I can see you want to gain new players with this change and that's a good thing,. but try also working on things to retain existing players who have already passed the noob stage and knows the game. You can do that by working on the ECONOMIC MODULE, I'm sure thousands of players here will agree that is one of the major problems in the game currently

#85 Valahian

Valahian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Maybe this is the chance for me to quit this game...

#86 Elynnie

Elynnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

What about raw and WAM ??

What about bonus for compagnies ?

a new distribution of bonus for more balanced alliances ?

#87 pejmaaan

pejmaaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTEHRAN , IRAN

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I can't Wait :D

ADMIN: Give Me one multi acc for test IT :ph34r:

P.S :

Don't Forget LANA :rolleyes:

Edited by pejmaaan, 24 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Always know your limits . Before it's too late !!

#88 Stolch

Stolch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I readlly don't understand why it's causing you an issue. As you can see

I really doubt it will affect strong players in any way. I mean I can't see strong players being able to train every 5 minutes, so I would suggest to chill out and wait for the more updates over the next couple of weeks :)

Maybe because with 5 strength per minute, the potential amount of strength an account can gain in 24 hours = 5*60*24= 7200 strength

Translating it in simple english in 10 days with a simple script automating the training of the FREE training, an account will be able to gain more strength then any account has gained in the last 5 + years.

Inflation of the strength value will not solve the problem it will make it worst 6 months down the road, when top accounts have accumulated another 200K strength via scripts. Then you'll have 90% of the players pissed at you for allowing cheaters to get ahead and throwing away what they did over the last 5 years and 0 new players as none will remain to try and catch up someone with 250K + strength to begin with.

#89 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Maybe because with 5 strength per minute, the potential amount of strength an account can gain in 24 hours = 5*60*24= 7200 strength

Translating it in simple english in 10 days with a simple script automating the training of the FREE training, an account will be able to gain more strength then any account has gained in the last 5 + years.

Inflation of the strength value will not solve the problem it will make it worst 6 months down the road, when top accounts have accumulated another 200K strength via scripts. Then you'll have 90% of the players pissed at you for allowing cheaters to get ahead and throwing away what they did over the last 5 years and 0 new players as none will remain to try and catch up someone with 250K + strength to begin with.

Well... Let's try again from reading the thread over starting from the 5th paragraph.

For many reasons (balancing, gameplay) new players need to quickly pass over the period when they have ridiculously low levels of Strength ( 15, 20, 30 Strength). It’s important for them to have a sense of making progress in the New World. In a short time their Strength gain will be smoothly lowered so it’s equal to everyone else's.

So, as you can see here your argument becomes invalid. It is clearly said that the Strength gain will be smootly LOWERED. So considering the fact that the change is aimed to improve the experience of new players, I cannot really see how it will affect the old and strong players.

Just to conclude, I would suggest to read the original post again slowlny not in hurry or anger and not make hate or negative opinions based on assumptions that come from, well I don't know where they come from. So, I'd just chill out and wait patiently for more information regarding the update, rather than making calulcations or decisions to leave the game based on screenshots made by newly made accounts (yes, there is a difference between a level 50 account and level 10 account).

• Mr. Indigo likes this

#90 Excelsior.HMA

Excelsior.HMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I think Pluto shuold sell energy bars X3 only for diamond players. Use visa is the best you can do. Incentivate the use of credit cards is the only thing that can save this game.

#91 jaywalker71

jaywalker71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

:huh: I'm out of words. Or actually I'm full of words I better not say. I still have not forgiven you for removing the work skill and ruining economy with work as manager bs. It's all damn fighting and fighting.

• MaZzA likes this

#92 cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDeez Nuts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well... Let's try again from reading the thread over starting from the 5th paragraph.

So, as you can see here your argument becomes invalid. It is clearly said that the Strength gain will be smootly LOWERED. So considering the fact that the change is aimed to improve the experience of new players, I cannot really see how it will affect the old and strong players.

Just to conclude, I would suggest to read the original post again slowlny not in hurry or anger and not make hate or negative opinions based on assumptions that come from, well I don't know where they come from. So, I'd just chill out and wait patiently for more information regarding the update, rather than making calulcations or decisions to leave the game based on screenshots made by newly made accounts (yes, there is a difference between a level 50 account and level 10 account).

Still, 5stg per min?

Are we kidding right?

The only way you can get any better at this game will be to cheat, it angers me to see that I had spent RL money to gain 90 stg a day to now see n00bs gaining 7000 in a day -_-

Way to kill the game, I think you may as well will lose another customer and player -_-

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

#93 Stolch

Stolch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well... you deserve for me to respond to you in the same manner you've attacked me, but since we've been colleagues in another game I will not.

What I'll say is this:  

There is no need for any amount of testing to figure out that 7.2K daily strength gain is unsustainable.

There is little testing needed when there is 3 years of data to look at to figure out that inflation does not solve the noob-veteran divide but only exasperates it.

Lastly but not lastly, stop assuming all players are 13 years old and incapable of seeing through simplistic math equations fro grade 2 and figure out that they will have a negative effect on the game play and game as a whole.

Players are your customers, it is up to you to keep them happy, because, take it as you wish, but I do not know one instance when someone went against his customers and came ahead because of it.

• bonjik likes this

#94 nkrsystem

nkrsystem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Stolch

If they want to balance the strength between new and old player why not add more divisions based on strength they put the divs 1234 because the same problem at that time there was many players with high strength and new players couldn't win any BH now is happen the same with players in div4 with 30k str against players with 60k .

I not a gold buyer in daily basis  but I'm seriously thinking about quitting the game and return to play runescape this game is start to sucks right now.

• cCcNUEVEOCHOcCc likes this

#95 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

The strength based-divisions have the problem of the "999999" exploit. So, it's totally non-viable. Forget it.

But the admins must take into account the great refusal it's generating your project. Besides, it's so sad that my iniciatives wasn't taken into account. Great job destroying your clients feedback

• bonjik likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#96 St0L3n1

St0L3n1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationKarachi, Pakistan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

OK the info is quite incomplete yet so can't really comment on this, but as far as i understand the core change will be

• Making Day Short from 24 Hours to 16 Hours

Honestly speaking i don't think many users will be comfortable with this change, its simply unreal. Whoever comes up with this idea he/she is not thinking straight here the majority online strategy gamer never like this idea to make day short, as this is strategy and kinda long term played game most of players sync the game timing with there real life and by making this change it simple "FORCE" them to change there schedule & nobody like to be forced.

I still don't know the analysis behind these all new changes, but if there is no proper survey OR theory "The given theory to improve new player experience is simply not enough" then i guess it will be a disaster for eRepublik in upcoming days, as i can see there are lots of new online game portals who are rapidly successful to attract many eRepublik players.

Regards

St0L3n1

Edited by St0L3n1, 25 October 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#97 koruptor

koruptor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Dear admin,
I want to test the beta version, where i can find it ?

#98 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Well, this "update" has been out for how long - 2 or 3 days max. For all the doomsayers - how much 14k or 21k STR newbs are out there?

I really doubt admins will allow dishing out huge amounts free STR when the only income they get from us is planting gold-traps into the game. Anyone with half brain can see that the changes here feared by some people (beforementioned 7.2K daily strength gain) are not gonna stand the way described for several reasons. Even IF (and i dont think its likely) things will be that way for some time we might be given similar conditions as well some sort of compensation via added STR or whatever. More on that matter - im rather ok for some people get some more (but not huge amounts ofc) incentives to stay playing the game as otherwise with current trends i'll have not so much people left to play with. I really urge the doomsayers to wait out and wittness those changes themselves instead of making wild claims on the gossip.

Edited by Kolv1k, 25 October 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#99 eZhiwar

eZhiwar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIRAN

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

it will be good but 

ERROR 404 FARMVILLE FOUND

LIES OR TRUTH ARE IRRELEVANT

THE BEST STORY WINS 

viva mafia

#100 Lawrence of Arabia

Lawrence of Arabia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I am one of your good Clients, if you dare to implement these changes, I will quit playing immediately!

• MaZzA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users