#121 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

OMG

Opt1mus Pr1me, do you read previous posts at all? Or the first post as well for the sake of making point here. NOONE from administration has told about possibility to get that much for any reasonable time yet over and over comments based on those numbers taken from the thin air keep popping up. We dont have any direct proof supporting your claims, circumstantial evidence SEEMS to not proving those claims but still you act like this nonsense (sorry but this 7.2k STR per day [or any big number] is just that) had been provided from Plato itself. Seriously.

Bonjik, for that likeing matter so far those articles published seems to show that those young plaeyrs aint complaining, rather the opposite. We haven't had to chance to lay our hands to it but despite of that it's being claimed to be from beneath of Hell itself and despised accordingly while most of us dont have any clue if and what's going to change and how much. IMHO it seems to me that perhaps we should make our statements based on facts or the best we could call those "opinions" are rather wild guesses.

Having said that I DO agree that some changes in the past has been rather drastic but there has been good changes too - v2 strategy in battles for instance was the best of eRepublik has provided so far.

#122 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

OMG

Opt1mus Pr1me, do you read previous posts at all? Or the first post as well for the sake of making point here. NOONE from administration has told about possibility to get that much for any reasonable time yet over and over comments based on those numbers taken from the thin air keep popping up. We dont have any direct proof supporting your claims, circumstantial evidence SEEMS to not proving those claims but still you act like this nonsense (sorry but this 7.2k STR per day [or any big number] is just that) had been provided from Plato itself. Seriously.

Bonjik, for that likeing matter so far those articles published seems to show that those young plaeyrs aint complaining, rather the opposite. We haven't had to chance to lay our hands to it but despite of that it's being claimed to be from beneath of Hell itself and despised accordingly while most of us dont have any clue if and what's going to change and how much. IMHO it seems to me that perhaps we should make our statements based on facts or the best we could call those "opinions" are rather wild guesses.

Having said that I DO agree that some changes in the past has been rather drastic but there has been good changes too - v2 strategy in battles for instance was the best of eRepublik has provided so far.

Ye V2 battle model was the best :D

About the liking matter ill judge that when i have the ability to test the new V until then will have to live with taking my knowledge from new players lol :P

Edited by bonjik, 25 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#123 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

:(

With this, multiple accounts players are the only benefited...

The main reason people stays in this game is what makes it pretty unique: the SOCIAL work, the community built in each country, struggling to solve problemas and face their fortune together using IRC. Whatever takes appart new players away from these features, the deeper the game sinks, and bores more and more to old players.

What is needed is:

A new economic module

A new military module (it can also be an old one tsk, tsk)

A new political module

So, admins, please DO YOUR JOB and stop luring on visa-players, and their fabulous difference in playing when compared to old team-work!!!

Do not be so shortsighted and mean!!!!

#124 Stolch

Stolch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Stolch

If they want to balance the strength between new and old player why not add more divisions based on strength they put the divs 1234 because the same problem at that time there was many players with high strength and new players couldn't win any BH now is happen the same with players in div4 with 30k str against players with 60k .

I not a gold buyer in daily basis  but I'm seriously thinking about quitting the game and return to play runescape this game is start to sucks right now.

Creating divisions does not solve the problem it only fragments it. As has been clearly evident with the divisions that were created already. For the first week it worked, within a month it was all over, there were "professional accounts" winning all BH in lower divisions and normal players joining the game had virtually no chance at a BH just as before.

More divisions will not change this unless the divisions become as many as the players playing the game, which would eventually happen with this strategy. There is no way of escaping this problem with a linear system of progression which on top of that is based on accumulation. Simply put time is the only real variable in the equation, that is why whoever starts last is worst off.

There are a number of ways to combat that and eRep used to have on of them, by having a progressively lower gain on training, the problem with it back then was, that it was designed to last mathematically no more then 2 years, still it was better then the system they have now which can be sustained for no more then a few months without the need for adjustments to rebalance as they have been doing all the time and making it worst every time.

The really bad part is that through doing so they have created a situation where they can't go to another system less they loose all their veteran players who have been asked dozens of times to invest into the latest scheme to balance the game and which in turn made it even worst.

I gave them the only possible math solution left to them in a comment and it simply using average strength as your middle ground and a bell curve from there in both directions, except the values before the average are higher and the values after are lower, this will drive all towards the middle over time and is the only way to manage the huge gap that is present now, more inflation will not solve the problem it will make it worst down the line....or it may solve it if all old players finally leave, but I doubt they will attract new ones without the old as the game has 0 competitiveness in terms of game play on the market right now. The only value it has is the player community, everything else is not worth even a penny.

• Mr. Indigo and bonjik like this

#125 Hector Malave

Hector Malave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

The thing that I don't get it's why do you guys are doing all these changes just to turn the game into a FB app. I mean this game is easily the most hated game by its player, and this new "features" or "ideas" just increase the hate related feedback you get from the community.

By the time you guys turn this into a FB app it will be the lowest rated app in the history of mankind xD

EDIT: I agree with what other people said: first of all fix the structural problems in the game. Also, please focus in community target features, after all the players community is the only reason why many people still play eR.

Edited by Hector Malave, 26 October 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#126 Stolch

Stolch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

iDiod, i doubt you'll have to look at timers that much as you might think - not more than usually (have to take into account all those special events and offers timers ofc). As already specified in the (updated) article, STR gaining rate is not so impressive after all as some have thought based on the first training sessions the newbs described. Actually there is being posted the shcedule of the training and it rather makes sense and doesnt provide such a huge STR gains which where debated here earlier.

Quoting from http://www.erepublik...t--2332699/1/20:

"1 min 5str
2 min 5 str
3 min 5str
6 min 5 str
9 min 5 str
15 min 5 str
24 min 5 str
39 min 5 str
64 min 5 str
103 min 5 str
167 min 5 str
270 min 5 str
"

While i cant confirm those numbers as being old player i'm rather sure its reflecting the actual gameplay.

On those Enery and bars and Storehouse requirements you made i guess that even now there is plenty of people who have trouble having ALL the fights with decent weapons, not to mention previous EPIC tournament where even stronger and richer players were eventually exhausted due to these enormous regen rates. Having both regen rate rised based on your numbers and production cut i dont see other outcome as rising prices which will leavethe game playable mostly for rich ones and/or VISA/MC masters. Everyone else will eventually suffer. Its rather so as we have already seen in this thread as people complained about the possible huge STR gain (say 5 STR in 5 minutes) as not everyone can and is willing to spend his/her life in eRepublik.

This is for level 1 free training, when it is level 4, substitute 20 for 5. In short in 270 minutes you end up with 240 strength. This of course will be available to all.

There is two problems here that have been present and seen well in the past already:

1. New players, genuine new players, will not fork over 100 Euro to upgrade their training facilities to D4 from the start and thus they will not be getting the added strength, while old accounts will be. We'll have "professional restarts" which will transfer the wealth from previous account to upgrade the training facilities and take advantage of the strength gain and ability to win BH in the lower divisions, hence killing the ability for genuine players to actually compete for BH as supposedly intended.

2. The end result is not going to be an ability for new players to bridge the gap, because as stated before, genuine players will be gaining 60 strength per 270 minutes, while old accounts will be gaining 240. The additional amount of strength daily gained will only inflate the rate at which strength is gained in a feeble attempt to lower the ratios between new and old accounts through inflation. This will have an effect for a few months at best depending on how big the inflation will be, after which the problem will become even more acute then before.

We've seen this movie already so many times with the same result every time. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result, yes they're insane.

• bonjik likes this

#127 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

I think those 2 are far better : 1) http://forum.erepubl...economic-model/

2) http://forum.erepubl...delbased-on-v2/

The current upgrades you are suggesting are just making this game into a Facebook application and will screw low lvl players even further , what i suggest would make the game a lot more fun , and the people who voted in the polls of bought those suggestion apply that 94% dont like the current economic model and 91% dont like the current militaristic model , and want them changed.

Edited by bonjik, 27 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#128 Rusto

Rusto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

wrm price  falling again  - -   q7  cost almost nothing...  when we going see  update with q8?  

#129 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

wrm price  falling again  - -   q7  cost almost nothing...  when we going see  update with q8?  

The price of most weapons is below production cost , Q8 would only make it worse , not to mention that they promised not to do any more Qs after Q6 , and later on promised it again after Q7.

#130 Rusto

Rusto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Q8 would only make it worse

And how it can make worse? 

#131 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

And how it can make worse? 

In phases : 1)The people who have Q7s will buy Q8s as gold buyers as the regular people will suffer more as they have no money for good weapon companies.

2)Their will be a need for more WRM.

3)More WRM companies will be opened supply the Q8 beasts.

4)WRM will once again go down in price.

#132 Rusto

Rusto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

In phases : 1)The people who have Q7s will buy Q8s as gold buyers as the regular people will suffer more as they have no money for good weapon companies.

2)Their will be a need for more WRM.

3)More WRM companies will be opened supply the Q8 beasts.

4)WRM will once again go down in price.

1 - regular ppl going earn more since they can build cheap wrm companys

2 - more money for players

3 - they always going be open,  even if wrm going cost 0.02cc

4 - in next year only and after that can make q9 or put new raws type and new company types. 

Admins not going wipe  wrm/q7 companys  so only way to help new players   is q8

#133 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

1 - regular ppl going earn more since they can build cheap wrm companys

2 - more money for players

3 - they always going be open,  even if wrm going cost 0.02cc

4 - in next year only and after that can make q9 or put new raws type and new company types. 

Admins not going wipe  wrm/q7 companys  so only way to help new players   is q8

NO Q6 & Q7 companies are 1 of the things that ruined the economy , Q8 will only further the problem.

#134 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

just like v2 you are going to loose many older players , this is going to be an empty game to be honest

#135 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

just like v2 you are going to loose many older players , this is going to be an empty game to be honest

V2 was good in the militaristic model just not polished enough.

#136 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Bring back the Hexagonal fight system instead of 1-clicking to fight.

• bonjik likes this

#137 NikiDelliColli

NikiDelliColli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationitaly, cassino

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

so... there is people here that is saying that you can gain 7200 str a day for free. looking at the pictures, the SS medal is still set every 250 str. so, you are suggesting that we wold win 28 ss medals everyday. that is 140 gold a day. Yes. For sure. Really. You should get cured... anyway... From the "evidence" in our possession, it seems that str gain will NOT CHANGE at all. 1 train every 24 hour with a timer telling you when the day will start with the "elite" TG, and you will be able to use the free training more often only if your str is low. the more you get strong, the less you will use the free training ground. until you will use it once a day.

• Rusto likes this

#138 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

so... there is people here that is saying that you can gain 7200 str a day for free. looking at the pictures, the SS medal is still set every 250 str. so, you are suggesting that we wold win 28 ss medals everyday. that is 140 gold a day. Yes. For sure. Really. You should get cured... anyway... From the "evidence" in our possession, it seems that str gain will NOT CHANGE at all. 1 train every 24 hour with a timer telling you when the day will start with the "elite" TG, and you will be able to use the free training more often only if your str is low. the more you get strong, the less you will use the free training ground. until you will use it once a day.

well yes we were wrong their but only cause we used info from new players , that you get 5 STR every 5 min as long as you their to click , anyway it apparantly goes like this :

"1 min 5str
2 min 5 str
3 min 5str
6 min 5 str
9 min 5 str
15 min 5 str
24 min 5 str
39 min 5 str
64 min 5 str
103 min 5 str
167 min 5 str
270 min 5 str
"

which is "better" but still i don't think the game shouldn't reward being lifeless it should reward innovation by making a truly free economy with more products(for example split WRM & FRM into different resources , its also more realistic that way).

Edited by bonjik, 28 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#139 Darriel

Darriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

which is "better" but still i don't think the game shouldn't reward being lifeless it should reward innovation by making a truly free economy with more products(for example split WRM & FRM into different resources , its also more realistic that way).

In my opinion, game should reward the "lifeless" people. You spend more time in game, you get more benefits. OR the alternative will be to pay somehow - probably gold. So if you have good farming account or a lot of  time in the game, you win. That's how it should be. Or something like the current training system - if you are a no-lifer, you can save the gold. If not, you pay it, train, get the strength, logout.

One MU to rule them all, One MU to find them,
One MU to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Mercenary Ops

#140 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

In my opinion, game should reward the "lifeless" people. You spend more time in game, you get more benefits. OR the alternative will be to pay somehow - probably gold. So if you have good farming account or a lot of  time in the game, you win. That's how it should be. Or something like the current training system - if you are a no-lifer, you can save the gold. If not, you pay it, train, get the strength, logout.

Just like in RL spending your time isn't enough to make a successful "business"(since our companies are suppose to simulate 1) , what you need is innovation , strategy and a lot of thinking thats what they should try to make in the game not lifeless pushing fast for STR lol , btw i could easily use a script to win that system of forcing us to be lifeless ;)

Edited by bonjik, 28 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users