155 replies to this topic

#81 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

There is a hidden message within this change,dont invite new players,dont make babybooms,here erepublik dozen player country matters more than a thousand one!

• drakantas likes this

#82 drakantas

drakantas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPerú

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

shitty update, stupid ideas, you're only killing the game. Every update only increases the dead citizens. i wonder if the man with these ideas has brain or is just doing the idiot.

Bonus between 1-6 (?) REALLY?...

Who needs babybooms, who needs buy gold? THE TIME IS GOLD!!! JUST WAIT.

:)

#83 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

shitty update, stupid ideas, you're only killing the game. Every update only increases the dead citizens. i wonder if the man with these ideas has brain or is just doing the idiot.

Bonus between 1-6 (?) REALLY?...

Who needs babybooms, who needs buy gold? THE TIME IS GOLD!!! JUST WAIT.

:)

Maximum bonus should be 2.

• ADWAITA likes this

#84 Stolch

Stolch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Edit Day 2192

2zidmwz.png

dcqati.png

Pinocchio, your nose is growing again....

On one graph at 100 days the bonus would reach 2.5 according to this, on the nest a 100 day occupation starts at 1.5 bonus. So which is the correct graph?

More importantly why are you lying to us again. Most players will not notice the inconstancies of these fabricated graphs but enough of us do to know when we're being taken for a ride.

#85 Tony Clifford

Tony Clifford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

the first one is the right one.

lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ph34r:

#86 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

The way I read those graphs is that if a region which was occupied for 100 days goes into Resistance, the Resistance has determination of 2.5x.

After 1 day of freedom, it's determination is 1.5x where it slowly begins to deteriorate for three days, and then quickly begins to deteriorate until it is gone after 7 days.

In other words, it appears that the first day of freedom will result in a very dramatic loss in Determination followed by a period of slow decay followed by I period of rapid decay.

#87 Marko Klis

Marko Klis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Days under occupation need to be reduced on maximum 100 days! 

#88 Pibasog

Pibasog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

this change will kill the game if u don't give something to empires ... u can just look how FF medals + determination are KILLING poland serbia china hungary 

then there will be no point for atacking a region if u will lose it so easy

#89 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

uffYEI0.png

mh4l.png

#90 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Great idea as I suggested a similar concept in the TWO thread that of morale that was present in Tribal Wars.  How it worked there is that when a big player would attack a small player he would hit bad morale and lose more soldiers however when a small player attacked a big player he would have more morale and lose less players.

This is the classic concept of "Rewards of War must be bigger than the cost of it"  Therefore you Polands that occupied the Netherlands for more than a year and 17000 players versus their 300. GET SOME!!!

This game don't revolve around you.  What I suggested is a more balanced game for smaller countries so that they would also feel a part of this game and not pursue peace forever to their eternal detriment.

Plato actually listened to a player.  Victory!  if you read my comment there I pointed out correctly that if small countries is not  capable of winning battles they must pursue peace forever.  this constant peace kills them off as a player either move to a bigger country or just quit because his "team" is never part of the fight.  Balancing the game means that small countries keeps older players for longer and furthermore that younger players invite their friends to join the game as they are part of a team and compete in this team everyday.  Also you created an alliance that consists of the biggest countries in the world and that beats up on smaller countries.  Balancing a game meant you had to split into smaller alliances with 1 big country and compete in wars with similar sized opponents.  Actually I think the game was death for many a big country player as well.  

• Luc Praetor likes this

mh4l.png

#91 AleksandraXII

AleksandraXII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Edited by AleksandraXII, 22 November 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#92 N3mesis

N3mesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

"Rewards of War must be bigger than the cost of it"

Concept of its meaning is - you don't go at war if costs of war is bigger than reward you get from it..  Simply said - you loose a war as agressor and drain your state "wealth". 

Imagine now this game... as samller country you only need bonus of influence x2, because there are other nations who help you too.

And now put this handicap of Empire:

- While they try to keep regions, they have many RW ongoing at same time

- Many of RW dont even need determination bonus x2 or higher to liberate themself.. because Empire nation is struggling to suffocate ongoing other RW's with high determination

- is this fair to have 5,8, or 12 RW at same time? and they are even triggered by nations outside occupation

- They don't collect reward (taxes) from players from other non-occupied nations, ..but they come there to fight! ...Is this fair?

- What reward have Empire?? nothing! ...all tax payers just translocate their companies elsewhere.

What admin did now is clearly MAP reset and stalemate position. Conquering again some region after 12 days, you can't say is solution..

Are resources well balanced around the world to play kind of empire games like this? You already know the answer..

Like I said earlier, - is good and needed that smaller countries can free themself, but you cant play "ping pong" games for long as players allready know results of outcome. It will become boring..

I played also A LOT of different online strategy games (TW included) and quit them after i reached max or server/world ends, what keep me here in eRep is only national proudness; otherwise  I will quit because is half product. Compared this game to others i give it score 3/10.

• drakantas likes this

15xjrxv.jpg

#93 True_Blue

True_Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

The influence rate takes too long to rise and to little to decline. These need to be fixed.

Then there are the tax issues. How is a conquered country going to stash money to buy stuff if most of their tax goes to the invader?

This still benefits the big countries alone.

#94 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

"Rewards of War must be bigger than the cost of it"

Concept of its meaning is - you don't go at war if costs of war is bigger than reward you get from it..  Simply said - you loose a war as agressor and drain your state "wealth". 

Imagine now this game... as samller country you only need bonus of influence x2, because there are other nations who help you too.

And now put this handicap of Empire:

- While they try to keep regions, they have many RW ongoing at same time

- Many of RW dont even need determination bonus x2 or higher to liberate themself.. because Empire nation is struggling to suffocate ongoing other RW's with high determination

- is this fair to have 5,8, or 12 RW at same time? and they are even triggered by nations outside occupation

- They don't collect reward (taxes) from players from other non-occupied nations, ..but they come there to fight! ...Is this fair?

- What reward have Empire?? nothing! ...all tax payers just translocate their companies elsewhere.

What admin did now is clearly MAP reset and stalemate position. Conquering again some region after 12 days, you can't say is solution..

Are resources well balanced around the world to play kind of empire games like this? You already know the answer..

Like I said earlier, - is good and needed that smaller countries can free themself, but you cant play "ping pong" games for long as players allready know results of outcome. It will become boring..

I played also A LOT of different online strategy games (TW included) and quit them after i reached max or server/world ends, what keep me here in eRep is only national proudness; otherwise  I will quit because is half product. Compared this game to others i give it score 3/10.

Frankly I have not fought in any RW in a couple of days.  Have you thought that perhaps these bonuses / the longer a region is occupied the more its determination/ have been implemented using the original "conquer date meaning countries like the netherlands have massive "determination" which will be lessened once they regain their regions.

"When a region is kept under foreign occupation, the people’s determination to overthrow the oppressors increases over time. This leads to a Determination Bonus that multiplies the influence in battles against the oppressor.

r. How is Determination calculated?

The Determination Bonus is based on the number of days the region is occupied - the longer the region is held under occupation, the higher the Determination. 

Hence say the netherlands have a determination of 200000  then when they reconquer the regions it drops to zero.  when poland occupy them again their determination will be say 1000 after the tenth day meaning they still will struggle to retake.

therefore what i think is that all of you missed was that determination was based on conquer date which in some regions is years back.

obviously the calculation would be Determination =  Days( Now - Conquer Day ) x DeterminationFactor

Thats certainly how I would program it as its a calculation not a daily update using more resources(server space etc)

mh4l.png

#95 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Also I can say your not that good strategist :Poland, Spain, Serbia etc.  Obviously your whole strategy was based on the concept of big hammer meaning when you fight you just pushed thousands of fighters against your opponents using your own soldiers and your mega allies soldiers.  also your game morale is based on "forever winning" meaning if you start to lose your morale drops to zero.  well plato challenged you are you going to meet the challenge with a bit of real strategy or cry like little babies.  

mh4l.png

#96 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

He means, if a country won a resistance war, and then the region is re-occupied, at what rate will the determination rise again.

If the region is re-occupied (no matter by which country), despite the Determination Bonus the defender has, the determination resets to 0.

I made the example on the 1st post a bit clearer:

For example, if Finland liberates Lapland from Swedish occupation of 200 days, and Sweden attacks the region a few days later, Finland and its allies will still have a high Determination Bonus when defending. If, however, Sweden conquers the region back despite the high Determination Bonus, the determination is then set to 0.

It's important to understand that once Lapland is freed, Finland would have the Determination Bonus in the next days against direct attacks done by any country. The 2nd picture shows the evolution of the bonus in these cases.

Any chance we can get the formula to calculate determination in order to see our exact bonus? and if possible a sheet with the number of days a region is occupied.

The formula is very complicated and hard to explain. We figured the graphical way was the easiest way to show how it would work.

On one graph at 100 days the bonus would reach 2.5 according to this, on the nest a 100 day occupation starts at 1.5 bonus. So which is the correct graph?

So, let's use examples again. The first graph shows the evolution of determination based on days Lapland has been occupied by Sweden. The more time passes, the stronger the determination will become. There is a limit, however, and right now the multiplier is set at 6. So even if the region would be conquered for 3000 days, it won't go past 6.

The second graph explains what happens after the region is freed via Resistance War. So when Finland has a successful RW in Lapland, it shows the Determination Bonus Finland and its allies would have against any direct attacks. It doesn't matter if the attacker is the country who was controlling the region, or someone else, Finland and its allies will still have the Determination Bonus.

The longer Lapland was under occupation, the longer the Determination Bonus will last after liberation, and the stronger it will be.

I hope this cleared things out. :) Let me know if you have more questions.

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#97 tasos maximous

tasos maximous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Determination in mpp battles?

#98 Roman Daco

Roman Daco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

And then there's the big question: where was determination in direct fights that took place yesterday? e.g. RO - BG in Ruse.

Can't wait the graphs for that!

• Valahian likes this

#99 ADWAITA

ADWAITA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

The admins screw up the game.

These changes SHOULD BE ANNOUNCED  weeks before not implemented 'on the fly' and with a scarce  explanations 

Otherwise seem like a theft , YES we fight for that regions and now you took from us without any possibility to defend.

I will not buy any gold from this point forward, when i will feel respected and feel happy to play a correct game i will think again.

• Valahian likes this

#100 N3mesis

N3mesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hence say the netherlands have a determination of 200000  then when they reconquer the regions it drops to zero.  when poland occupy them again their determination will be say 1000 after the tenth day meaning they still will struggle to retake.

therefore what i think is that all of you missed was that determination was based on conquer date which in some regions is years back.

obviously the calculation would be Determination =  Days( Now - Conquer Day ) x DeterminationFactor

Thats certainly how I would program it as its a calculation not a daily update using more resources(server space etc)

That's normal, but again.. is one side of "medal" and not solution of this issue. Empire have handicap here, it could be accepted if there is not "entire" alliance fighting to free Finland region in one RW with x5 influence bonus. 

You will see by yourself once you are one of those forces who are invaders. Don't think that this changes affect only one side.

I will avoid to speculate how other nations are going to share regions.. but the game and strategy itself are changed. Looking foward.. there is no alliance capable to save occupied region more than 70 days + - if enemy alliance (COT, TWO or whatever..) have concentrated and organized attack in that RW with determination x2...

Also I can say your not that good strategist :Poland, Spain, Serbia etc.  Obviously your whole strategy was based on the concept of big hammer meaning when you fight you just pushed thousands of fighters against your opponents using your own soldiers and your mega allies soldiers.  also your game morale is based on "forever winning" meaning if you start to lose your morale drops to zero.  well plato challenged you are you going to meet the challenge with a bit of real strategy or cry like little babies.  

Well.. eSerbia is one different story, because there are too many parties, players, factions, groups, units... and if admin put civil war you can bet that damage there will be twice higher than fighting for alliances (they would kill each others if they could). lol (sarcasm on)

What is good in COT alliance (and i like it) is that they are more disciplined than TWO,.. and thus they make more concentrated attack. But cost of it is accumulating bonuses and money about weeks for some higher military operation.

15xjrxv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users