6 replies to this topic

#1 vampiretokes

vampiretokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hey y'all,

I've been researching the War, Battlefield, and Fighting mechanics as best I can through various sources, such as the site FAQ, Wiki page, various Party tutorials and briefs, etc, and haven't been able to find an answer to this question: how is the match-up determined in the battlefield? By what means are my enemies 'selected?'

Is it any randomly selected citizen from that country? I've noticed that many of the enemies I've been pitted against in a fight are in completely different cities than the one where the battle is taking place. They haven't been members of military units either.

If I'm currently assisting in an allied country's resistance force to help regain control of an occupied territory, I wonder what 'enemies' the opposing country is presented with when reacting to the resistance force? Do they see members of that country whose region they are occupying, selected randomly?

When will someone see ME as their enemy on the field? Is it only if they're attacking my country of citizenship? And people aren't affected by being defeated as an enemy in combat right? It only costs me a certain amount of energy to defeat that citizen depending upon their strength I believe?

Are we then essentially battling against an average? If I'm assisting in a resistance against a Polish occupation, am I basically spending an amount of energy that is determined by the chance strength/energy/rank of a random Polish citizen, one after the other? If so, it would seem that the best way to "defend" against a resistance is to have a higher average strength/energy/rank amongst your national population?

All guesses and verified facts welcome :) Thanks in advance for your help everyone! I'm sure many have had this same question before.

#2 Liam J. Gallagher

Liam J. Gallagher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNorth Of the Border

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

well see every year everbody participates in a raffle and if you lose your account is permanently killed and you are use as enemy soldiers The next Raffle should be in a couple weeks so good luck!

• CheetahCurtis likes this

4tho.jpg

#3 vampiretokes

vampiretokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

... no way, that can't be true!

#4 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

On the main battlefield(not the guerrilla fight battlefield) your opponent is chosen randomly.

The only thing that does match in some way(yet has no effect on the outcome) is that your opponent would most likely have the same or close or just above to your own strength.

Naturally the suggestion of Liam isn't true(pulling your leg).

On the main battlefield you are not really fighting an enemy, it is just a randomly chosen opponent from the active field.

The progress bar does show who is fighting where.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#5 vampiretokes

vampiretokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

By 'active field' do you mean people who have participated in that given war? Or just users that are still under 'active citizens' status.

v--v

#6 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hey y'all,

I've been researching the War, Battlefield, and Fighting mechanics as best I can through various sources, such as the site FAQ, Wiki page, various Party tutorials and briefs, etc, and haven't been able to find an answer to this question: how is the match-up determined in the battlefield? By what means are my enemies 'selected?'

Is it any randomly selected citizen from that country? I've noticed that many of the enemies I've been pitted against in a fight are in completely different cities than the one where the battle is taking place. They haven't been members of military units either.

If I'm currently assisting in an allied country's resistance force to help regain control of an occupied territory, I wonder what 'enemies' the opposing country is presented with when reacting to the resistance force? Do they see members of that country whose region they are occupying, selected randomly?

When will someone see ME as their enemy on the field? Is it only if they're attacking my country of citizenship? And people aren't affected by being defeated as an enemy in combat right? It only costs me a certain amount of energy to defeat that citizen depending upon their strength I believe?

Are we then essentially battling against an average? If I'm assisting in a resistance against a Polish occupation, am I basically spending an amount of energy that is determined by the chance strength/energy/rank of a random Polish citizen, one after the other? If so, it would seem that the best way to "defend" against a resistance is to have a higher average strength/energy/rank amongst your national population?

All guesses and verified facts welcome :) Thanks in advance for your help everyone! I'm sure many have had this same question before.

Hello,

- "how is the match-up determined in the battlefield? By what means are my enemies 'selected?'"

- You get enemies that have almost the same strength as yours. Also they are chosen randomly (read next answer).

- "Is it any randomly selected citizen from that country?"

- Every time when a Campaign starts, a list of attackers and defenders is generated:

• MPP: Citizens located in the Attacking country + Allied countries will fight against citizens located in the Defending country + Allied countries
  • RW: Citizens located in the Conquering country having citizenship of Conquering country will fight against citizens located in the Conquering country having citizenship of Conquered country. If you don't have a citizenship from the 2 countries involved in a RW, you will fight against enemies of your choosen side.

- "When will someone see ME as their enemy on the field? Is it only if they're attacking my country of citizenship?"

- For someone to see you as enemy, the above conditions must be met.

- "And people aren't affected by being defeated as an enemy in combat right? It only costs me a certain amount of energy to defeat that citizen depending upon their strength I believe?"

- Every time when a citizen is defeated on the battlefield nothing happens on his side, but on your side will decrease energy with 10 points per hit.

- "Are we then essentially battling against an average? If I'm assisting in a resistance against a Polish occupation, am I basically spending an amount of energy that is determined by the chance strength/energy/rank of a random Polish citizen, one after the other? If so, it would seem that the best way to "defend" against a resistance is to have a higher average strength/energy/rank amongst your national population?"

- No. Please see my above answers.

Best regards and happy gaming moments.

...always watching...

#7 vampiretokes

vampiretokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hey elbandido,

Thanks so much for your response!

Best,