We have received many complaints regarding disappearing energy bars, caused by a "bug" in eRepublik. Usually this happens when you open more tabs, one for fighting, one for wars, and so on.
Browser limitation doesn't permit the visual update of all tabs opened, only in the active tab the information is updated. For the rest of the tabs a refresh is required before making actions. This browser limitation is applied for all browser games and sites.
Basically the problem appears when, ex:
- you have 2 tabs opened: T1 and T2;
- T1 is set to campaigns page;
- T2 is set to battlefield XYZZ;
- T2: you fought with all your recoverable energy until 2 (from food), but you still have 5 energy bars and you decided to not use them
- T1: wow you see that still have recoverable energy with food and decided to press the button
- T1: but surprise, instead having +20 energy, to 172, now you have 102
That's because you didn't refresh T1 tab, let's take a look at T2 tab after a refresh:
Right, -1 energy bar, now I have 4 energy bars left. And that's because I used 2 tabs instead 1, this is not a bug, this is a inadvertence.