15 replies to this topic

#1 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

We have received many complaints regarding disappearing energy bars, caused by a "bug" in eRepublik. Usually this happens when you open more tabs, one for fighting, one for wars, and so on.

Browser limitation doesn't permit the visual update of all tabs opened, only in the active tab the information is updated. For the rest of the tabs a refresh is required before making actions. This browser limitation is applied for all browser games and sites.

Basically the problem appears when, ex:

- you have 2 tabs opened: T1 and T2;

- T1 is set to campaigns page;

- T2 is set to battlefield XYZZ;

- T2: you fought with all your recoverable energy until 2 (from food), but you still have 5 energy bars and you decided to not use them

RRyE4RL.png  rKY7ZIV.png

- T1: wow you see that still have recoverable energy with food and decided to press the button

hc95.png

- T1: but surprise, instead having +20 energy, to 172, now you have 102

HETw1Cy.png

That's because you didn't refresh T1 tab, let's take a look at T2 tab after a refresh:

5v6c.png

Right, -1 energy bar, now I have 4 energy bars left. And that's because I used 2 tabs instead 1, this is not a bug, this is a inadvertence.

Regards.

• tommot likes this
...always watching...

#2 Lemon Vodka

Lemon Vodka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Common sense.

#3 Libertas33

Libertas33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Exactly, BUT sometimes it happens in the same tab, at least it happened to me 2 times in last 3 months. 

Ex: I click the consume food, it doesn't update, then i click it again, BOOM ! EB consumed ( ex: 60 food consumption + 100 for an EB )

That's why ppl should refresh the eRepublik when they see that the HP bar didn't move after clicking "consume food"

Edited by Libertas33, 05 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#4 Ciufulitu

Ciufulitu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSuceava, Romania

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

in the last week i burned 3 EB's when i had only 1 Tab opened and 5:58 on the timer. the recover energy button became blue and after i pressed it an EB was used and the button continued to be blue

#5 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Exactly, BUT sometimes it happens in the same tab, at least it happened to me 2 times in last 3 months. 

Ex: I click the consume food, it doesn't update, then i click it again, BOOM ! EB consumed ( ex: 60 food consumption + 100 for an EB )

That's why ppl should refresh the eRepublik when they see that the HP bar didn't move after clicking "consume food"

in the last week i burned 3 EB's when i had only 1 Tab opened and 5:58 on the timer. the recover energy button became blue and after i pressed it an EB was used and the button continued to be blue

I've noticed that some userscripts (like eRep stuff) interfere with the eRepublik code script and cancel the alerts that should appear in different cases.

Promotion and/or usage of any (automated) scripts that modify the eRepublik website is forbidden, because our developers constantly improve and change source code of the eRepublik and userscripts alter this code.

...always watching...

#6 Ciufulitu

Ciufulitu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSuceava, Romania

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've noticed that some userscripts (like eRep stuff) interfere with the eRepublik code script and cancel the alerts that should appear in different cases.

Promotion and/or usage of any (automated) scripts that modify the eRepublik website is forbidden, because our developers constantly improve and change source code of the eRepublik and userscripts alter this code.

it's not my case. i don't use any sort of scripts

#7 amvlad

amvlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

What elbandido wants to say, is to never let erepstuff+ with autorecovery activated having 2 tabs opened. You will lose candies.
In the same time, when you are on your mobile, prepare yourself tolose lots of candies because playing erepublik on mobile is crazy. Only an idiotic masochist would do that. Trust me, Monday I did my best to work in my companies using the mobile phone. Well, it took me 30 minutes.

#8 Lemon Vodka

Lemon Vodka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Scenario:

1. 2 open tabs with 2 different fights, Fight A and Fight B, Q7 weapon selected

2. Another open tab for browsing market, checking leaderboard, what have you - Neutral C

3. Closing tab Neutral C, closing tab Fight A

4. Hit in tab Fight B - it switched and used bazooka instead of the previously selected weapon

lonve2.jpg

#9 Libertas33

Libertas33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I don't use scripts , never had, never will. Really, this happens, it could be Java problem.

#10 Digital Angel

Digital Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Admins should make option that gives players a way to lock some objects in storage. For example I would like to lock my energy bars so when I want ti use them i must unlock them fist. In this way players cant make mistake and eat too much candy :)

Edited by Digital Angel, 05 December 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#11 DariusReg

DariusReg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Admins should make option that gives players a way to lock some objects in storage. For example I would like to lock my energy bars so when I want ti use them i must unlock them fist. In this way players cant make mistake and eat too much candy :)

I soooo much agree with you! bazooka boosters/EB's should be lockable, bombs also but that is hard to miss click use lol

#12 Sisk

Sisk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

just add 2 buttons and the problem is solved

#13 Digital Lemon

Digital Lemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

...Or send client state to server, and if it doesn't match the server state, return the current state in JSON without eating food? It shouldn't take more than 10 lines of code change.

• nW0lf likes this

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

#14 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about  this.

If you click the eat food button and nothing happens(or is still loading), DON'T click the button again.
First refresh and then you will know if it worked.(duuhh)

This is another case of mindless clicking and rushing trough the game as if it is an adrenaline-shot.

Edited by tommot, 20 March 2014 - 06:32 PM.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#15 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Update on this case:

https://forum.erepub...onsumption-fix/

...always watching...

#16 nW0lf

nW0lf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

...Or send client state to server, and if it doesn't match the server state, return the current state in JSON without eating food? It shouldn't take more than 10 lines of code change.

Oh but, you know, blaming your players is just sooo much easier :rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Multiple, Browser, Tabs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users