50 replies to this topic

#41 Anubis.3

Anubis.3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

That change is bizarre to say the least. New players have more use for gold than cc - for upgrading their TCs! - throughout my first year, all I would do is convert any CC i gained into gold as soon as I could.

Is there any article which goes into depth about the economics behind this change? - I would be very interested to know.

#42 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

I think the idea is the return on most factories is zero!  anyone who invests medal fold into factories is basically a fool. the amount of gold from medals is so low that it would take years and years to get a profitably factory  

well the return on training grounds is not too bad but it is also near zero if you have them all fully upgraded, well which taxes 400 gold or more.  which getting that much gold would take forever from medals as the above poster pointed out. 

so using gold from medals for what most gold is used for would be a not so good idea.  

using gold from medals to buy currency to buy weps, increases consumption! which stops some of the problems some loud mouths have been complaining about.

so having medals give currency one is more likely to spend the currency to buy foods or weps on impulse.

where as having gold from medals one would be more likely to upgrade a factory or taring center. 

having medals give currency improves the economy in terms of items consumed! 

#43 Anubis.3

Anubis.3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

In a way, i see the logic behind your point, through we have to wait and see if it pans out well.

on another note, what effect do you think this change will have on long term gold prices? - the old "normal" gold price was 200. Now, with more currency flowing in, will the new "normal" jump to 214 or so?

Edited by Anubis.3, 21 January 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#44 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

we saw, gold approached the limit of the game 200 usd per 1 gold.  that was the equilibrium point.  below 200 countries could print  money.  there is no hard limit on the top side.

assumption. more currency is being printed than being consumed.

gold prices will never stop rising! eventually the players who join will be gold buyers and they will make the equilibrium point. 

but we have a very negative attitude for gold buyers. so it will take a while for them to come in.  i estimate it about 3-5k per gold.

this change will happen very slowly over the months!

and depends on how much more currency is entering the game than leaving. and the number of gold buyers.

#45 Anubis.3

Anubis.3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

what's the experts word on the recent extreme fluctuation in gold prices?

#46 The Cartjones

The Cartjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPrivate Island with an Airstrip and a Yacht

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

what's the experts word on the recent extreme fluctuation in gold prices?

hyperinflation?

• Cowboy Chris likes this

Signature removed. Please follow the rules, as defined in the Rules.

Well not really... I love being creative.

#47 Cowboy Chris

Cowboy Chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

Gold prices sucks !

XD

#48 Shahid.Afridi

Shahid.Afridi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

Gold should be of atleast 350 cc.

#49 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

I am happy to see gold prices rise.   we ran into a problem of the min drop in raw material prices on the market being 50% drop.

when gold prices gone up 50% 200 to 300.  so did raw materials, 0.03 to 0.05,  now  the min drop in raw material prices is 20% drop. 

I would really like to see raw materials go to 1 dollar so people who really have to sell only take a 1% drop when they really need to sell. 

but this would mean gold would rise by 20 times. to 4000 currency per gold.  

however I think at this point people will be selling lots of gold for currency so it will take a while to reach that point! 

#50 Mister Y

Mister Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFresis (UD)

Posted 07 July 2022 - 07:21 PM

Citizens nowdays are asking with big voice a little update: the chance to use till 4 decimals in Monetary Market, so we can sell cc for 0.0009 gold (and lower in next months, I think).

Edited by Mister Y, 07 July 2022 - 07:55 PM.

• Nico le cuisto likes this

#51 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 07:57 AM

Citizens nowdays are asking with big voice a little update: the chance to use till 4 decimals in Monetary Market, so we can sell cc for 0.0009 gold (and lower in next months, I think).

Thanks for letting me know, I will forward your suggestion to our developers. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold, price, cc, monetary, market, monetary market

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users