16 replies to this topic

#1 ilphen

ilphen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hi there!

I would like to propose a little idea to the eRepublik community, eReplabs and their devteam.

Many of you have probably noticed by now that the game is not really dynamic anymore. There are some big countries who are sitting on their a**** occupying several other countries, enjoying the extra tax income squatting the occasional heavy resistance “fly” that comes around. But basically they do not have to do much to keep that up. There is an alliance in this game which is superior to anyone that turns against it. Now you can either wait for a few months, years until they decide to stop beeing allies and hope for some change. But I do not see that happening in the near future. Hence I would like to see some change in the game which forces people to adapt to a new environment.

I am proposing random events.

Let me give you some examples of what I am talking about:

Say, there is a region and it has oil. Now we take it for granted that it is an unlimited ressource, the oilwells/platforms/whatever are going to pump the black gold out of the ground forever. In my opinion that should be changed, suddenly at one day engineers at  the oilwell notice “Oh it’s empty, so sad, but look, so many cows are growing here now, let’s harvest them!”

“Breaking news: --- The oil source in randomregion has been depleted, it now produces cows! --- After tens of thousands of rubbers dying of a weird sickness in anotherrandomregion, oil has been discovered and will now be mined! --- Ironfarmers in againanotherrandomregion are sick and tired of feeding the ironore veins and decided to produce fruit now! ---”

I think you get the idea.

I do not want to change every single region everyday or so, there has to be a balance, maybe something like this:

• 1-2 regions per country/per month change their type of ressource

or maybe 10-15 regions/month randomly selected worldwide

• Needs to be limited to a degree that a country does not end up having one type of ressource in all their regions, say if half of their regions are from a single type it will not receive that ressource with the next event

• Countries that have a big amount of core regions, should have a smaller effect, or less events due to the fact that they could benefit too much from such a change.

e.g. USA has like 50 regions and ending up with having all ressources at some point would be rather unfair compared to countries that have less than 10 core regions.

Yet overall I believe this would create quite a disturbance in the force that binds eRepublik nations together. Suddenly allies could become targets, former enemies could become partners and all of that could change quickly again.

When it comes to coding such a thing, I do not believe it is a hard thing to do. I doubt creating a little event with a news headline and changing the type of ressource in a region in the database would be a big challenge for the devteam.

On the other hand I have obviously not seen the database of eRepublik.

ITS ALL IN MY HEAD. :P

I have probably forgotten a few things I wanted to add but it is only a basic idea which can be developed a lot further I believe. I know I would just love to see a change from the static environment we are in right now and any feedback is very welcome. :)

\o

ilphen

• Yamisuke, Cika Nikola96, Code-Y and 1 other like this

#2 Garmr

Garmr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Supported

#3 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

That's a fun idea

I don't know if it would go easily to implement such a thing but i would look forward to that. :P :D

• Cika Nikola96 likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#4 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

one simply doesnt harvest cows

mh4l.png

#5 Liam J. Gallagher

Liam J. Gallagher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNorth Of the Border

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I see a lot of random Ideas come onto the Wiki and most of them are really stupid and wasteful but this actually sounds like a good Idea. I think this would be a great update for the game.

4tho.jpg

#6 NikiDelliColli

NikiDelliColli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationitaly, cassino

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I like the idea!

#7 NikiDelliColli

NikiDelliColli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationitaly, cassino

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I like the idea!

#8 Digital Angel

Digital Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

This can change a lot game. Resource should be randomized few times a year. I do not think i will be hard for Plato to implant it, but I am scared that he is too lazy to change something in this game 

#9 Werde1

Werde1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

I really like this idea! However Im not sure if it would be effective enough to change alliances. Maybe there should also be some kind of "super resources" and there could be only one "super resource" per alliance. Maybe this would create more smaller alliances instead of few (or one) that dominate.

#10 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

this is an excellent idea, but it's implementation should be very well balanced. Don't believe that game administration will do it such kind of things, though I would personally enjoy it

#11 SavageWatson

SavageWatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

I like this idea, however I would like to further modify it... Let's overhaul the entire resource system, Change the 5 Basic Raw Factories of each resource, Make each resource correspond to a certain type of factory. If your country has say, 5 Rubber Regions, and you make the WRM Factory that corresponds to rubber, we will call it a rubber tree farm, you will get the Base 100% for WRM, plus a small bonus, say 5% or 10% Per Region that produces Rubber.

On the Back end, Plato can make a formula for balance sake, that says that if the balance of Rubber Factories vs the other 4 WRM Factory Types, is too high, then compared to the number of rubber producing regions, we could lose a rubber producing region, and instead of producing Rubber, for 1 week, that region would produce NOTHING, while the people scramble to set up a new revenue source, i.e. it takes a short time for people to adapt to farming berries, now that their Rubber trees are all dying.

This of course, would likely lead to another Meta-Game aspect, likely something like, Dept of the Interior.

So, countries that have, say, 20 Deer Regions, would produce like 200% FRM, but the more people make Deer Farms to take advantage of this, the more they risk losing 1 or more Deer Regions to "barren" status for a week, before another industry crops up.

Am I being clear or just confusing people?

#12 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Interesting adition... :)

For more info, look at my wikipage

#13 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

No because this would make impossible to plan anything

I dont want to see guerilla module everywhere which relies on pure luck

#14 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

We would see a lot of "random" events to the advantage of Romania. As if "minor glitches" and "visual bugs" weren't enough.

#15 Flaco Jimenez

Flaco Jimenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Pretend the headless chicken is a random event. 

Thank me later. 

• Yamisuke likes this

1029831-1.png

To a kid lookin' up to me , Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. 

Warrior/Poet: Ice Cube. 

#16 Sir Ric

Sir Ric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Good idea :)

#17 varnenas

varnenas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLithuania - England

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Excellent Idea!

Known as varnenas.
Planning to become game moderator someday...
Business Man, buildin Weapon Raw Material Factories!
Willing to build around 177 uhh..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New feature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users