Alright many players complain about the game economy sucks and their right , so here a few changes that could fix it or at list help it.
The main problems in the game are overproduction and CC dying.
1)Over production : Since the economic module is over simple , any idiot can simply make lots of factories and with time he will be rich ....
2)CC dying : The game has many options , who we must use , and "kill" CC , for example MPPs , resistance wars and etc.
In my opinion the best solutions are to make the economic module more complex and add some useful products , that would make the game more interesting and make the economy a thing that requires thinking !
1)Make different raw materials , why ? the idea of having 2 types of raw materials is too simple , people simply buy Q3 or Q5 companies(Currently Q3s are better if you work alone , Q5s are better if you have many employees working for you).
- Instead of weapons raw materials : Iron , Fuel , Aluminum , Saltpeter , Rubber(Each type of weapon requires different amounts of those raws).
- Instead of food raw materials : Grain , Fruit , Fish , Milk , Meat(Each type of food requires different amounts of those raws).
- In order to lower over production every bonus a country gets is limited to the 1 resource it represent and will give 25% bonus(and not 100% like you can get now if your country has them all) , the weapons or food factories will get 5% for ever bonus you get . This will also make countries trade with each other because its easier to buy from some 1 who got a bonus then produce it without it.
2)Moving tickets are to easy to get , and before them you would just "kill" CC in order to move , far more realistic if it would work on fuel thats produced in oil rigs , also it would help to add meaning to the new resources.
3)Also adding national currencies back and kill the 10 gold per day limit in order to make the monastery market more interesting(Ofc we cant let people create multies to take their gold , so players under lvl 30 , who are younger then 2 months in the game wont be able to donate CC or gold to others).
4)Capital Companies & Stock market : - Stock market : Players could sell a part of their company in stocks(who represent a % from the company).
- Capital Companies : Large scale companies capable of owning storage , raw \ weapon \ food factories , gold and CC. Those companies are controlled by a group of players who own stocks in them , they control the company together and can do various things for example buying other companies from the market , building new factories \ storage etc , or to pull money away from the company(and then each player get a % from the money pulled away determined by his amount of stocks in it) . The more stocks you own the stronger you vote is(for example if I over 50% of the capital company , I have full control of the company).
- Capital companies can be owned by countries or MUs as well.
5)Return the contracts so that we could make deals out of the market without the possibility we will be scummed . contracts can be done between players , countries and capital companies.
- Trade : - Player X offers you 100 Q7 weapons for 1000 CC do you agree ? (YES\NO).
- Banking : - Allow to make contracts where you give some 1 money , and he has to give it back after a certain amount of time(with interest decided in the contract , not very high ofc) , if he cant pay after X time , you can give him more time or simply take money \ companies \ stocks from his account to your own(ofc that you cant take more then he owe you). This idea comes because I saw the idea of banking in the game before but nothing really stops players from taking the money and never pay it back ....
- Contracts Between Countries : - Two countries will be able to exchange territories , if both congresses will pass the law(A country cant exchange one of its original territories and the country which she gives a territory to , must have a border with it , or with another territory that has such a border and would also be given in the exchange).
6)The Parliament the ability to determine a minimum price for each item on the market because people are selling items below production price and they are screwing the rest.
7)Allow players to set a timer to fire employees (X - days in a row) , so for example if i set timer on 7 days , then a worker who didn't work for 7 days in a row would be automatically fired , this will help players to keep only active employees . This could be really useful if you got tons of employees lol .
8)Makes missiles cheaper to produce , basically since they cost a lot more then their worth in DMG , you almost never use them ..... also this would make more missiles produced which will help with the terrible over production problem in the game.
The economy shouldn't be simple , strategy games are all about letting people to go in different approaches to victory so the most cunning and intelligent men win
Added a pole to see what people think beyond the replays
- If you vote " No(iI think the game's economy need to be changed but i dont like the offered changes). " - Show whats your ideas(if you got ones ofc).
Edited by bonjik, 08 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.