•     

Photo

A New Economic Module :)

Economy

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: So what you think ?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What do you think of the current game economy ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do you think of the ideas in the post ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Alright many players complain about the game economy sucks and their right , so here a few changes that could fix it or at list help it.

The main problems in the game are overproduction and CC dying.

1)Over production : Since the economic module is over simple , any idiot can simply make lots of factories and with time he will be rich ....

2)CC dying : The game has many options , who we must use , and "kill" CC , for example MPPs , resistance wars and etc.

In my opinion the best solutions are to make the economic module more complex and add some useful products , that would make the game more interesting and make the economy a thing that requires thinking !

Solutions :

1)Make different raw materials , why ? the idea of having 2 types of raw materials is too simple , people simply buy Q3 or Q5 companies(Currently Q3s are better if you work alone , Q5s are better if you have many employees working for you).

- Instead of weapons raw materials : Iron , Fuel , Aluminum , Saltpeter , Rubber(Each type of weapon requires different amounts of those raws).

- Instead of food raw materials : Grain , Fruit , Fish , Milk , Meat(Each type of food requires different amounts of those raws).

- In order to lower over production every bonus a country gets is limited to the 1 resource it represent and will give 25% bonus(and not 100% like you can get now if your country has them all) , the weapons or food factories will get 5% for ever bonus you get . This will also make countries trade with each other because its easier to buy from some 1 who got a bonus then produce it without it.

2)Moving tickets are to easy to get , and before them you would just "kill" CC in order to move , far more realistic if it would work on fuel thats produced in oil rigs , also it would help to add meaning to the new resources.

3)Also adding national currencies back and kill the 10 gold per day limit in order to make the monastery market more interesting(Ofc we cant let people create multies to take their gold , so players under lvl 30 , who are younger then 2 months in the game wont be able to donate CC or gold to others).

4)Capital Companies & Stock market : - Stock market : Players could sell a part of their company in stocks(who represent a % from the company).

- Capital Companies : Large scale companies capable of owning storage , raw \ weapon \ food factories , gold and CC. Those companies are controlled by a group of players who own stocks in them , they control the company together and can do various things for example buying other companies from the market , building new factories \ storage etc , or to pull money away from the company(and then each player get a % from the money pulled away determined by his amount of stocks in it) . The more stocks you own the stronger you vote is(for example if I over 50% of the capital company , I have full control of the company).

- Capital companies can be owned by countries or MUs as well.

5)Return the contracts so that we could make deals out of the market without the possibility we will be scummed . contracts can be done between players , countries and capital companies.

- Trade : - Player X offers you 100 Q7 weapons for 1000 CC do you agree ? (YES\NO).

- Banking : - Allow to make contracts where you give some 1 money , and he has to give it back after a certain amount of time(with interest decided in the contract , not very high ofc) , if he cant pay after X time , you can give him more time or simply take money \ companies \ stocks from his account to your own(ofc that you cant take more then he owe you). This idea comes because I saw the idea of banking in the game before but nothing really stops players from taking the money and never pay it back ....

- Contracts Between Countries : - Two countries will be able to exchange territories , if both congresses will pass the law(A country cant exchange one of its original territories and the country which she gives a territory to , must have a border with it , or with another territory that has such a border and would also be given in the exchange).

6)The Parliament the ability to determine a minimum price for each item on the market because people are selling items below production price and they are screwing the rest.

7)Allow players to set a timer to fire employees (X - days in a row) , so for example if i set timer on 7 days , then a worker who didn't work for 7 days in a row would be automatically fired , this will help players to keep only active employees . This could be really useful if you got tons of employees lol .

8)Makes missiles cheaper to produce , basically since they cost a lot more then their worth in DMG , you almost never use them ..... also this would make more missiles produced which will help with the terrible over production problem in the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The economy shouldn't be simple , strategy games are all about letting people to go in different approaches to victory so the most cunning and intelligent men win :D

Added a pole to see what people think beyond the replays :P

- If you vote " No(iI think the game's economy need to be changed but i dont like the offered changes). " - Show whats your ideas(if you got ones ofc).

Edited by bonjik, 08 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#2 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Alright many players complain about the game economy sucks and their right , so here a few changes that could fix it or at list help it.

The main problems in the game are overproduction and CC dying.

1)Over production : Since the economic module is over simple , any idiot can simply make lots of factories and with time he will be rich ....

2)CC dying : The game has many options , who we must use , and "kill" CC , for example MPPs , resistance wars and etc.

In my opinion the best solutions are to make the economic module more complex and add some useful products , that would make the game more interesting and make the economy a thing that requires thinking !

Solutions :

1)Make different raw materials , why ? the idea of having 2 types of raw materials is too simple , people simply buy Q3 or Q5 companies(Currently Q3s are better if you work alone , Q5s are better if you have many employees working for you).

- Instead of weapons raw materials : Iron , Fuel , Aluminum , Saltpeter , Rubber(Each type of weapon requires different amounts of those raws).

- Instead of food raw materials : Grain , Fruit , Fish , Milk , Meat(Each type of food requires different amounts of those raws).

- In order to lower over production every bonus a country gets is limited to the 1 resource it represent and will give 25% bonus(and not 100% like you can get now if your country has them all) , the weapons or food factories will get 5% for ever bonus you get . This will also make countries trade with each other because its easier to buy from some 1 who got a bonus then produce it without it.

2)Moving tickets are to easy to get , and before them you would just "kill" CC in order to move , far more realistic if it would work on fuel thats produced in oil rigs , also it would help to add meaning to the new resources.

3)Also adding national currencies back and kill the 10 gold per day limit in order to make the monastery market more interesting(Ofc we cant let people create multies to take their gold , so players under lvl 30 , who are younger then 2 months in the game wont be able to donate CC or gold to others).

4)Return the contracts so that we could make deals out of the market without the possibility we will be scummed.

- Trade : Player X offers you 100 Q7 weapons for 1000 CC do you agree ? (YES\NO).

- Banking : Allow to make contracts where you give some 1 money , and he has to give it back after a certain amount of time(with interest decided in the contract , not very high ofc) , if he cant pay after X time , you can give him more time or simply take money \ companies \ stocks from his account to your own(ofc that you cant take more then he owe you). This idea comes because I saw the idea of banking in the game before but nothing really stops players from taking the money and never pay it back ....

5)Capital Companies & Stock market : - Stock market : Players could sell a part of their company in stocks(who represent a % from the company).

- Capital Companies : Large scale companies capable of owning storage , raw \ weapon \ food factories , gold and CC. Those companies are controlled by a group of players who own stocks in them , they control the company together and can do various things for example buying other companies from the market , building new factories \ storage etc , or to pull money away from the company(and then each player get a % from the money pulled away determined by his amount of stocks in it) . The more stocks you own the stronger you vote is(for example if I over 50% of the capital company , I have full control of the company).

- Capital companies can be owned by countries or MUs as well.

6)Allow countries to set a minimal sale price for items cause from what i have seen many countries have people selling their low Q weapons(usualy Q1-4 but sometimes also Q5) , at loss price(Items sold in less then raw production cost , and thats without even calculating the taxes losses).

7)Allow the Parliament the ability to determine a minimum price for each item on the market because people are selling items below production price and they are screwing the rest.

8)Allow players to set a timer to fire employees (X - days in a row) , so for example if i set timer on 7 days , then a worker who didn't work for 7 days in a row would be automatically fired , this will help players to keep only active employees . This could be really useful if you got tons of employees lol .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The economy shouldn't be simple , strategy games are all about letting people to go in different approaches to victory so the most cunning and intelligent men win :D

Added a pole to see what people think beyond the replays :P

- If you vote " No(iI think the game's economy need to be changed but i dont like the offered changes). " - Show whats your ideas(if you got ones ofc).

I dont like complexity for the sake of complexity.

Erepublik already too complicated for the most newcomer and many of leaving after a day-week(90%),and yet you think game economy should be more complex....

Yes this the definite case making something complex for the sake of complexity.

But lest talk over shall we.

You say that there is an overproduction which could be a fair point but that thing exist in every massive multiplayer game.

The solution already in pratice introducing new missions or weekly challange which in turn generates DEMAND for GOODS.

I think we need even harder and more expensive missions to make demand for goods thats the correct way and not to mess with economy!

I dont get what you saying with CC dying....Its lot better than before when there wasnt MM limit and 1 gold= 2350 CC LOL

Lets take a look on your solutions:

Are you suggest that q7 weapons need kind different kind of raws?

for example 500 rubber 500 saltpeper 100 aluminium etc?

Thats too complex!

I tell what would happen most players would say screw making weapons I will sell raws for the fools who bother to get all the raw need for it! 

But if you meant different quality weapons different quality raw....then only worth something is q7 raw.End of story

The real solution if you must know would be to make q8 weapon! But the raw requirement would be 2k instead of q7 0,5k!

Here you go! But cant do that because players like a baby!

So we must stick with new mission/weekly challange solution

Moving ticket industry was pretty much dead in the past anyway the only thing when they were demand was congress election times(needed to go specific region to vote for certain candicate)

Thats over,anyway never was profitable

Neverthless I can accept that they coming back but not with the price of introducing new raw.

Lets just those ticket factory use weapon raw material and then okay!

This is another one of your horrible suggestion.

10 g limit  must stay for number of reasons:

-Taking away would mean less gold sold for admins

-Most of player sitting over thousands if not millions of CC you can imagine what would happen without limit everyone changes to gold,but if not good luck with your worthless CC CC price again becomes 2300/ gold!

-Too easy to abuse over Monetary Market without limit most of people laundered money

No limit can sae this proposal,it was abused and I dont want that time back

No contracts!

I tell you something here it is how it works:

You dont want to pay taxes? Want to moar profit yourself? Thats fine but then accept dealing with the risk of the black market!

Admins wont help you evade taxes! And certainly shouldnt waste effort and time uphelding contracts!

If you use blackmarket and get cheated then its your fault!

Your fault because:

-You used blackmarket and knew the risk

-When an offer seems to good to be true its usually it is!

-You trusted to the wrong person therefore lacked sufficient judgment!

I have long time business partner and yet never was cheated or vice versa, Therefore I recommend dealing with people which trustable,if you dont want to put effort then just shup up and pay taxes and use market!

Banking as you see too easy to exploited no need for something like that!

6-7

That would only mean people selling stuff via blackmarket,you cant limit price of stuff!

Market would hardly be used by most people

Okay this one good suggestion.

Finally your last point:

I disagree with you,we need more players and making the game more complex not the answer. You must understand for a casual this game already too limited and since most player today a casual you shouldnt make things for them too complex because they will leave at first sight!

#3 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Erepublik already too complicated for the most newcomer and many of leaving after a day-week(90%),and yet you think game economy should be more complex....

You say that there is an overproduction which could be a fair point but that thing exist in every massive multiplayer game.

The solution already in pratice introducing new missions or weekly challange which in turn generates DEMAND for GOODS.

I think we need even harder and more expensive missions to make demand for goods thats the correct way and not to mess with economy!

I dont get what you saying with CC dying....Its lot better than before when there wasnt MM limit and 1 gold= 2350 CC LOL

Thats too complex!

I tell what would happen most players would say screw making weapons I will sell raws for the fools who bother to get all the raw need for it! 

But if you meant different quality weapons different quality raw....then only worth something is q7 raw.End of story

The real solution if you must know would be to make q8 weapon! But the raw requirement would be 2k instead of q7 0,5k!

Moving ticket industry was pretty much dead in the past anyway the only thing when they were demand was congress election times(needed to go specific region to vote for certain candicate)

Neverthless I can accept that they coming back but not with the price of introducing new raw.

-Most of player sitting over thousands if not millions of CC you can imagine what would happen without limit everyone changes to gold,but if not good luck with your worthless CC CC price again becomes 2300/ gold!

-Too easy to abuse over Monetary Market without limit most of people laundered money

No contracts!

You dont want to pay taxes? Want to moar profit yourself? Thats fine but then accept dealing with the risk of the black market!

Admins wont help you evade taxes! And certainly shouldnt waste effort and time uphelding contracts!

Your fault because:

I have long time business partner and yet never was cheated or vice versa, Therefore I recommend dealing with people which trustable,if you dont want to put effort then just shup up and pay taxes and use market!

6-7

That would only mean people selling stuff via blackmarket,you cant limit price of stuff!

Finally your last point:

I disagree with you,we need more players and making the game more complex not the answer. You must understand for a casual this game already too limited and since most player today a casual you shouldnt make things for them too complex because they will leave at first sight!

1)Q8 weapons is a bad idea , its hard enough for most players to get Q7 companies . Aside of that most players stopped making weapons already , since only high Q companies are profitable ..... aside of that having many different raws will make trade between countries , so it will give a meaning for owning licenses for different markets.

2) Fuel is 1 of the weapon raw materials in my economic module , you dont produce tickets , you simply can use fuel to move from region 1 to region 2 instead of using money or getting an unreasonable amount of tickets from the game .....

3)CC is dying , the reason its now around 200 CC for 1 gold is because their is much less CC in the game market ...... also if some 1 has millions of CC he has the right to use it !

4) I have never been cheated dealing with other players , but I know players who were , also I wouldn't mind if the contracts were taxed , I just find them more efficient .....

The only way I can think of exploiting banking is to use it with multies , but then you could have simply gave the multies's money to yourself by "donating it" to yourself lol .....

6-7)Thx didn't notice its about the same thing so merged it , also I dont limit prices , only make a minimal price so it wouldn't be sold at a lower price then production price ....

8)thx :P

#4 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thats too complex!

No contracts!

Your fault because:

6-7

Finally your last point:

Please state if I am wrong, but I get an impression of you being part of eRep administration to some extent.

I think eRep should ask themselves that V1 was not easier or simpler than current version but had more success (in terms of player retention and number of players) , if you say V1 was financially disastrous that's another story.

Or maybe ghost of V2 catastrophe (state of the art complexity sake of complexity) still haunts them.

Motives behind no-brainerizitaion of eRepublik is understandable, (yeah Flappy Bird had a $50K ad revenue daily and it can played by chimpanzees with a little to no effort)  , but apparently it doesn't work at eRepublik as you can't please everyone.

Will see if new eRepVille "even morons can click" interface will make game "user" friendly but I tend to believe its part of a long-term plan to change game into an oversimplified game targeting another user base ie not us.

If we apply Maslow pyramid to gaming putting Flappy Bird and FPS games to base and games like Europe Universalis to top, eRep is desperately trying to cover base while sitting at top or middle, a futile attempt imo.

My suggestion would be either head to top again (bad idea) or base , simply exchanging current user base with "shut up and take my money" crowd.

#5 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

CC is dying , the reason its now around 200 CC for 1 gold is because their is much less CC in the game market ...... also if some 1 has millions of CC he has the right to use it !

I find this suggestion of yours the most harmfull.

Once again wont happen:

-easy to exploit,cheaters rejoice!

-less gold sale for admins (much less)!

-would kill economy that huge amount of gold from CC cant be out even with your new ideas

So forget about lifting the limit it should never happen!

Please state if I am wrong, but I get an impression of you being part of eRep administration to some extent.

I think eRep should ask themselves that V1 was not easier or simpler than current version but had more success (in terms of player retention and number of players) , if you say V1 was financially disastrous that's another story.

Or maybe ghost of V2 catastrophe (state of the art complexity sake of complexity) still haunts them.

Motives behind no-brainerizitaion of eRepublik is understandable, ....  , but apparently it doesn't work at eRepublik as you can't please everyone.

Will see if new eRepVille "even morons can click" interface will make game "user" friendly but I tend to believe its part of a long-term plan to change game into an oversimplified game targeting another user base ie not us.

If we apply Maslow pyramid to gaming putting Flappy Bird and FPS games to base and games like Europe Universalis to top, eRep is desperately trying to cover base while sitting at top or middle, a futile attempt imo.

My suggestion would be either head to top again (bad idea) or base , simply exchanging current user base with "shut up and take my money" crowd.

No I am not part of erepublik administration in anyway.

V1 had much less gameplay than todays version ( fighting was 5/click a day!!!) and you couldnt even gain BH medal if you wasnt in top 100 player by str,so only thing was for most player community.

But the things is lot of player who have problem more like burned out than have real problems.

I mean nobody can dispute that this current version most newbie friendly and have lot more gameplay than V1 used to and lot easier to get into!

Not to mention as you said both V1 and V2 was financially was disaster!

Especially V2 which strangely had the complex thing which popular words for players now,according them thats missing!

But believe me when V2 was introduced after weeks dozens of topics opened about how complicated is!

The lesson is complicated not the thing that players want.

Not to mention as I heard this current subscription system (war stash,assualt pack) very succesful! So as I see this version hardly a fail but success story!

#6 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

No I am not part of erepublik administration in anyway.

V1 had much less gameplay than todays version ( fighting was 5/click a day!!!) and you couldnt even gain BH medal if you wasnt in top 100 player by str,so only thing was for most player community.

But the things is lot of player who have problem more like burned out than have real problems.

I mean nobody can dispute that this current version most newbie friendly and have lot more gameplay than V1 used to and lot easier to get into!

Not to mention as you said both V1 and V2 was financially was disaster!

Especially V2 which strangely had the complex thing which popular words for players now,according them thats missing!

But believe me when V2 was introduced after weeks dozens of topics opened about how complicated is!

The lesson is complicated not the thing that players want.

Not to mention as I heard this current subscription system (war stash,assualt pack) very succesful! So as I see this version hardly a fail but success story!

I think it was the steep curve (of achievement not learning) that makes challenge worthwhile at V1, it had taken months for me to have a Q1 grain, and I can't get same pleasure/fun if I have 10 Q7s now. Yes V1 had less gameplay (usually means less ARPU) but ironic part is it was USP of eRepublik according to Bonte. And it is quite likely, eRep played to extending player base rather than revenue at first, a long term retention to monetization scheme.

I agree that current version is user friendly as there is not much thing to do wrong, no rocket science after all. But for newbie experience, seems there are still problems as they work on eRepVille UI, that was a problem even when I had interview with Lemnaru ages ago.

I am not fully aware of disastrous financials of V1 and V2 but V2 was actually a naive idea implemented really bad. There were many nails but Flash based battles taking ages was final nail on the coffin. But I agree people doesn't like complicated features but complex and complicated are different things.

And it is very likely current microtransaction model is successful in terms of conversion. It may be a success story but from their view not ours :)

But the problem is game is consuming the content already not much left very fast. Really wonder if they expect people to chase Titan************************** ? They already made the mistake of fast forwarding a persistant game.

PS : I know that at the end of day, all matters for them is revenue. Because they can easily replace a non paying whiner with paying winner, but I always have concerns about P2W games.

#7 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think it was the steep curve (of achievement not learning) that makes challenge worthwhile at V1, it had taken months for me to have a Q1 grain, and I can't get same pleasure/fun if I have 10 Q7s now. Yes V1 had less gameplay (usually means less ARPU) but ironic part is it was USP of eRepublik according to Bonte. And it is quite likely, eRep played to extending player base rather than revenue at first, a long term retention to monetization scheme.

I agree that current version is user friendly as there is not much thing to do wrong, no rocket science after all. But for newbie experience, seems there are still problems as they work on eRepVille UI, that was a problem even when I had interview with Lemnaru ages ago.

I am not fully aware of disastrous financials of V1 and V2 but V2 was actually a naive idea implemented really bad. There were many nails but Flash based battles taking ages was final nail on the coffin. But I agree people doesn't like complicated features but complex and complicated are different things.

And it is very likely current microtransaction model is successful in terms of conversion. It may be a success story but from their view not ours :)

But the problem is game is consuming the content already not much left very fast. Really wonder if they expect people to chase Titan************************** ? They already made the mistake of fast forwarding a persistant game.

PS : I know that at the end of day, all matters for them is revenue. Because they can easily replace a non paying whiner with paying winner, but I always have concerns about P2W games.

Yes I also think fast forwarding was a huge mistake which reached its worst form at epic tournament and during winter event with candys and too much bars where lot of player made more influence in a week than they done after 3-5 years!!I was so disgusted that given up fighting almost completely...

But even so erepublik excels at endgame.

Just think about it which game you plays after years everyday outside of erepublik?

The reason is that there is motivation to gain str which unlimted everyday/unlimited level! In other games you reach the max lvl/skill and get the gear you want then game over!Unlimited str is a part of reason why so many old players staying despite not liking the game too much it adds much to feeling i invested lot of time and effort into str cant lose!

But this str while great for staying power old ones its terrible thing for new players!

In V2 they tried to take away str with disasterous results(many old player ragequited when learned that skill almost made equal them to new players and after few months they will be equal)

So here we have a problem how to make game nice to new players without old players leaving,this is the big problem of persistent games.

Well we can consider success too if want the game to last then admins need to make profit,isnt that right?

Also I dont really like the term P2W. Because if you think about it every game is P2W. I mean isnt that P2W if I have a super computer with excellent connection while my opponent only have a mid PC also with slower connection?

Or if I want to climb a mountain and can afford best equipment, while others cant do/or harder him because only basis he can afford!

If you see this way everything P2W and nothing fair!

So there is never equal chance in life neither ingames,thats why I dont like P2W term since it can be applied to anything but yet people dont think about that.

#8 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yes I also think fast forwarding was a huge mistake which reached its worst form at epic tournament and during winter event with candys and too much bars where lot of player made more influence in a week than they done after 3-5 years!!I was so disgusted that given up fighting almost completely...

Just think about it which game you plays after years everyday outside of erepublik?

The reason is that there is motivation to gain str which unlimted everyday/unlimited level! In other games you reach the max lvl/skill and get the gear you want then game over!Unlimited str is a part of reason why so many old players staying despite not liking the game too much it adds much to feeling i invested lot of time and effort into str cant lose!

But this str while great for staying power old ones its terrible thing for new players!

In V2 they tried to take away str with disasterous results(many old player ragequited when learned that skill almost made equal them to new players and after few months they will be equal)

So here we have a problem how to make game nice to new players without old players leaving,this is the big problem of persistent games.

Well we can consider success too if want the game to last then admins need to make profit,isnt that right?

Also I dont really like the term P2W. Because if you think about it every game is P2W. I mean isnt that P2W if I have a super computer with excellent connection while my opponent only have a mid PC also with slower connection?

Or if I want to climb a mountain and can afford best equipment, while others cant do/or harder him because only basis he can afford!

So there is never equal chance in life neither ingames,thats why I dont like P2W term since it can be applied to anything but yet people dont think about that.

You are right P2W applies to many things in life , but I think in computer games at least , their should be a limit to the advantage given to supporters ....

#9 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

You are right P2W applies to many things in life , but I think in computer games at least , their should be a limit to the advantage given to supporters ....

I dont think so,why should be the games different?

Anyway,erepublik doing right.

Edited by Shiina Sayane, 18 February 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#10 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

I dont think so,why should be the games different?

Anyway,erepublik doing right.

Games are purely for fun , strategy games aren't supposed to be connected to real life , just as if you'd play monopoly on a board , in the beginning no 1 has an advantage ....

Ofc I understand the fact the game need supporters to keep on going ....

Edited by bonjik, 18 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#11 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Though I refer to more general things like "Work as Manager" by fast forwarding, point is eRep is targeting whales and then wonder why retention rate is very low.

And it is not the experience eRep offers keeping majority here but the sense of community. Actually I still think it is lack of competition keeping eRep alive because it poses as paper tiger nowadays.

Btw, though eRep administration suggests that "it is same at the long term", new UI will allow newbies to improve their citizens as a faster pace. Long term is ambigious, so their understanding of long term may be couple of years.

And, "a good progress bar never ends" is part of Gamification 101 but main problem is (quoting from someone else saying months ago here) "there is no way to outsmart a gold buyer" , this is the distinction between P2W and F2P.

Anyway, I don't want to disclose/talk anymore because I intend on helping eRepublik with their problem of lack of competition :)

Thanks for talk, though.

• bonjik likes this

#12 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Though I refer to more general things like "Work as Manager" by fast forwarding, point is eRep is targeting whales and then wonder why retention rate is very low.

And it is not the experience eRep offers keeping majority here but the sense of community. Actually I still think it is lack of competition keeping eRep alive because it poses as paper tiger nowadays.

Btw, though eRep administration suggests that "it is same at the long term", new UI will allow newbies to improve their citizens as a faster pace. Long term is ambigious, so their understanding of long term may be couple of years.

And, "a good progress bar never ends" is part of Gamification 101 but main problem is (quoting from someone else saying months ago here) "there is no way to outsmart a gold buyer" , this is the distinction between P2W and F2P.

Anyway, I don't want to disclose/talk anymore because I intend on helping eRepublik with their problem of lack of competition :)

Thanks for talk, though.

I see you know something about game design.

But know that focusing on whales not rare in asia,it might be rare in US/EU but thats because people cant accept the fact life is unfair and always talking about P2W.

As for community yes its really important but since Its already said so many times in forum I didnt mention it.

Speaking about Gamification 101 rule I dont know any game outside erep(I do but those failed copys) which employs the never ending progression,eventually in all game you can reach the limit within 2 year at most (in extreme cases),mostly all you need is a months/year.

Now you are talking about erepublik dont have competion,which is simply not true. There are many horrible clones.

Most interestingly for you I guess thats all of them tried to take F2P route.

Lets talk about the most popular one's business model(btw i nver played but heard from people who played/plays)  :

Eshit

1,First there wasnt anyway to buy gold,but people could support the site by donating which give no benefit. (non profit site was)

2,After almost nobody donated for free just to help the site,they came with new model You can buy premium account which gives cosmetic advantages

3,Cosmetic advantages failed too,the next step was to introduce P2W advantages to premium account

4,Still not enough,they made a new server to ability to buy gold 

5,To keep up the first server expenses now it also become goldbuyer server too

6,In short a game which advertised itself as F2P become P2W and made a mistake opening new servers dividing community

So good luck offering competion you will need it!(3 clones already closed, the one I talk about exist but not much of future)

Because dont forget you said the game without community is nothing! And the clones failed to offer difference and infact they are/were worse in every way also no community forged...

Finally for me the idea of F2P which offers no real advantage is ridiculous,I mean who is that idiot who pays for cosmetics?

#13 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

But know that focusing on whales not rare in asia,it might be rare in US/EU but thats because people cant accept the fact life is unfair and always talking about P2W.

As for community yes its really important but since Its already said so many times in forum I didnt mention it.

Speaking about Gamification 101 rule I dont know any game outside erep(I do but those failed copys) which employs the never ending progression,eventually in all game you can reach the limit within 2 year at most (in extreme cases),mostly all you need is a months/year.

Now you are talking about erepublik dont have competion,which is simply not true. There are many horrible clones.

Lets talk about the most popular one's business model(btw i nver played but heard from people who played/plays)  :

Eshit

1,First there wasnt anyway to buy gold,but people could support the site by donating which give no benefit. (non profit site was)

2,After almost nobody donated for free just to help the site,they came with new model You can buy premium account which gives cosmetic advantages

3,Cosmetic advantages failed too,the next step was to introduce P2W advantages to premium account

6,In short a game which advertised itself as F2P become P2W and made a mistake opening new servers dividing community

So good luck offering competion you will need it!(3 clones already closed, the one I talk about exist but not much of future)

Because dont forget you said the game without community is nothing! And the clones failed to offer difference and infact they are/were worse in every way also no community forged...

Finally for me the idea of F2P which offers no real advantage is ridiculous,I mean who is that idiot who pays for cosmetics?

1)Obviously no 1 would pay for cosmetics , if they can make better graphics they should had gave them to all the players.

2)You are right that players who pay should get some advantage , but they problem is when you got a over simple economy and military model without strategy theirs no way to become better then some 1 who (for example) bought 10k gold , if you didn't buy any or bought less because basically you both are gonna have the same type of companies , but he will have more.

This is why I think more companies , and more features to the game's economy and military models are important .....

#14 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Eshit

I had read in some articles saying that Chinese MMORPG even dare to ask for more money for same stuff in higher levels. Focusing on whales isn't wrong, but doing it in expense of others is a bad idea. Average conversion rate is around 5% to 10% but it doesn't justify blindly favoring them.

And every MMO game around has to offer "new content" to be consumed, some adds new quests (missions?) , new items and some just rely on higher levels. It is not something eRep specific, its a must for every persistant game.

eRep had clones in the past and still have some form of, but they are clones as you mentioned. It is a futile attempt to beat eRep (which represents years of experience in this genre and few million Euros) in its own game. So I don't consider them as competition.

Btw, I don't like e-sim either. Though offers more varietal content, there are crucial infrastructure problems, you outlined some of them. I think main problem of clones here is you need to create hype (community in that case) which takes time, so you need finances for high burning rate at first. If you play to day 1 conversion, you compromise of what you offer. You first have to create retention and habit, then monetize.

Finally for idiots paying for cosmetics :) , some studies show it is merely 20%-30% paying for cosmetics in comparison. I am not against getting an advantage by paying, but if you become local deity after, its problem.

#15 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

I had read in some articles saying that Chinese MMORPG even dare to ask for more money for same stuff in higher levels. Focusing on whales isn't wrong, but doing it in expense of others is a bad idea. Average conversion rate is around 5% to 10% but it doesn't justify blindly favoring them.

And every MMO game around has to offer "new content" to be consumed, some adds new quests (missions?) , new items and some just rely on higher levels. It is not something eRep specific, its a must for every persistant game.

eRep had clones in the past and still have some form of, but they are clones as you mentioned. It is a futile attempt to beat eRep (which represents years of experience in this genre and few million Euros) in its own game. So I don't consider them as competition.

Btw, I don't like e-sim either. Though offers more varietal content, there are crucial infrastructure problems, you outlined some of them. I think main problem of clones here is you need to create hype (community in that case) which takes time, so you need finances for high burning rate at first. If you play to day 1 conversion, you compromise of what you offer. You first have to create retention and habit, then monetize.

Finally for idiots paying for cosmetics :) , some studies show it is merely 20%-30% paying for cosmetics in comparison. I am not against getting an advantage by paying, but if you become local deity after, its problem.

Yes that what I meant its hopeless to beat erepublik in their own game which they started,clones fail and will do so.

And yes greed and lack of plaining ruined that bad clone and cant outline enough opening new servers dividing community to 1/3....Which never had the chance to form.

I dont agree that paying makes you deity in this game.

Just think about it what big payers achieved which non-payer couldnt? At most one day glory in a battle...

There are quite few non payers who got elite badge too,not to mention that most of people reached GOW and above rank ,both of badge and those ranks originally was created for top buyers and yet after time everyone will reach those!

I dont see how u become here lasting deity with pay

#16 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Added a few stuff btw :)

#17 Flaco Jimenez

Flaco Jimenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

The only real change I miss is the lack of a money market. 

I made a fortune off of the old one. 

1029831-1.png

To a kid lookin' up to me , Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. 

Warrior/Poet: Ice Cube. 

#18 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

The only real change I miss is the lack of a money market. 

I made a fortune off of the old one. 

Indeed :P

Although was already a part of this suggestion from the start ....

"3)Also adding national currencies back and kill the 10 gold per day limit in order to make the monastery market more interesting(Ofc we cant let people create multies to take their gold , so players under lvl 30 , who are younger then 2 months in the game wont be able to donate CC or gold to others)."

#19 Rhynn

Rhynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

increase hp recovery to improve economic module.!!

#20 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

increase hp recovery to improve economic module.!!

That isn't true , yes it will increase demand for food and FRM , but its not a long range fix.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users