26 replies to this topic

#1 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Simple idea, let us set prices with more decimals, 3 would be good, 4 even better, i.e. 0.05cc ==> 0.049cc/0.0489cc

Why? Look here:

http://www.erepublik...n/0/price_asc/1

It's probably the biggest WRM market in the new world. At the moment there are 91 pages with offers. WRM price has just dropped by a cent so it's not how it normally looks. Normally on any big market, WRM (and FRM too) identical offers at the market price occupy 2/3 of pages and show up in random order on every page load.

Now if you want to sell your raw, you have to post it at a cent less than market (or wait for a long time/rely on luck). In case of WRM, posting it at 0.04 instead of 0.05 means you lose 20%. FRM - 0.02 instead of 0.03 - you lose 33%. That's a lot. It causes other problems:

- Certain people use bots to buy underpriced raw automatically. Try posting 1 piece of raw as a test and I'm sure it will be bought immediately by those bots. That's unfair for honest players. If I were to create such a bot, it would frequently refresh the page and buy as soon as a good offer appears. That causes an extra server load. Really a lose-lose situation except for bot owners.

- People have to use IRC to trade raw more efficiently. The seller posts raw at a higher price (or use a special link), the buyer buys, and the seller returns the difference via donation. There are also scammers, who make the IRC trade risky.

If setting more decimals were allowed, there would no longer be dozens of pages with identical offers. They would resemble those from other markets, like Q7 tanks. It would eliminate botters and scammers. Raw prices would become more fluid - now they stay at price X for a couple of weeks, then go up/down by a cent and continue for a few more weeks.

Weapon/food factory owners would benefit, too. They wouldn't have to go to IRC to buy cheap raw. They could simply buy it on the market.

• Rusto, BOUD1CCA, Dante Ross and 4 others like this

#2 Fueled by hate

Fueled by hate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

I think thats a good idea .o7 :)

#3 Bhane

Bhane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I support an extra decimal, but ONLY for raws.

The rest of the market would become an absolute mess with food and weapons started getting undercut by a tenth of a penny.

#4 bartcsn

bartcsn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

true

#5 666Biohazard666

666Biohazard666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Very good idea :)))

#6 groch93

groch93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

o7 Please admins do something.

Edited by groch93, 07 April 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#7 zyczy

zyczy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I agree with you!

#8 Agentos

Agentos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

o7

#9 MrManiac

MrManiac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

it would solve a lot of problems without cutting too deep into the gameplay

and it shouldn´t be hard to program

i like :)

#10 plasticola

plasticola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

This imply to change the economic module, and it is Plato's worst nightmare. It's a good idea tough.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

#11 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

This has been posted sooo often before.

On the one Hand side, the prices can drop very fast, because decreasing the current price will not hurt so much,

on the other hand side, ATM the profit of producing weapons is totally unstable, because the prices for WRM can only vary by steps of 2cc/Q7-Tank,

which is a step of 40cc per Worker and a step of 400cc when you use all your 10 worker slots of your company. (with max. resources of the country)

That is the minimum change of the WRM cost per company and day possible with only 2 decimals at the moment,

This makes the production of Q7 Weapons unstable and is just another barrier preventing to invest gold for Q7 Companies and so spending money for the game.

Edited by Marcel the Great, 20 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#12 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

You know what is funny here...

Almost a year ago everyone was complaining about to many decimals(3-4).

Now you all say exactly the opposite of that. :P :D

For more info, look at my wikipage

#13 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

You know what is funny here...

Almost a year ago everyone was complaining about to many decimals(3-4).

Now you all say exactly the opposite of that. :P :D

It must have been a different market or much earlier, because over a year ago I published a similar petition in my newspaper:

http://www.erepublik...s--2213042/1/20

Anyway, the point is that the smallest possible price change shouldn't be significant percentage-wise, it shouldn't exceed 10%.

#14 Jack Lantos

Jack Lantos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

I wonder if one possibility is that the extra decimal will make it harder to sell, if people undercut instead of matching your price? If it is only one extra decimal it might be ok, but more than one maybe not - based on current price ranges which might be different in the next year or previous.

Edited by Jack Lantos, 26 April 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#15 Gameiro101

Gameiro101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

lets bring one decimal more

#16 The Cartjones

The Cartjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPrivate Island with an Airstrip and a Yacht

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

good, seems like 0.001 cc is a cheap price :P

Signature removed. Please follow the rules, as defined in the Rules.

Well not really... I love being creative.

#17 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

well one way to look at it,  

adding another decimal is like splitting the currency by 10,

we could just add ten times the currency currently in the game and it would have the same effect.

so call up your congressman!  and tell them to start the printing presses,  instead of waiting for plato to do something lets let the governments print money and spend it!   lets solve this problem ourselves!  

well with the weekly rewards this week plato is trying to print more money.  we will see if it works! 

• General de Gaulledorak likes this

#18 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

One decimal more can be useful specially for Raw material offers in market. I would try adding 1 decimal more for raw materials, since actually they can vary from 0.04 to 0.03, so allowing 0.039 cc kind of offer can give some "game" to sellers.

3028465-1.png

#19 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

it would do nothing but destroy the game. first of all you are only delaying the problem the economy is in a downward slope right now so the price would just keep going down forever given all other aspects help constant. eventually even though it will take awhile you will end up at the same problem. think of it like the USA right now we have like 18 trillion in debt and we keep raising debt ceiling your not fixing the problem just pushing it off. also it would just add so much more confusion. 

The other big reason not to is because when you buy a company it is currently a set price say 10 gold for factory or 35 for a good raw company. you would be better off raising these prices and it would encourage ppl to downgrade or desolve companies if say they would get a lot more gold otherwise it would take years at current price to pay off. i don't know the best way to say what i mean in a way that makes sense. so sorry for this you probably don't understand this. but if the companies are a set value and now you want to sell raws at a fraction of a penny it would change everything! it would never get payed off. there would be such a huge price decrease in percent every time

like for example when raws were at .30 if you sold yours at .29 you are only losing about 3% but now when they are at .02 and you sell yours at .01 you are losing 50% so thats huge! now if they start selling at .01 and you want to sell yours at .009 that is only a tenth of a penny less doesn't sound like much but that is another 10% change every tenth of a penny!

#20 Cincinnatus358

Cincinnatus358

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

Only way to save this game is to get rid of general manager work. Then all the excess goods that are flooding the market will disappear.

• I am The Best23 and lwaw like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users