Mlendea Horatiu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationRomania, Oradea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hello

I'm just curious to know how can one become an eRepublik Ambassador and what duties it implies

• Pitcity likes this

:) ██████ :)n4ss.png :) ██████ :)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___DRACONES INVICTUS__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

#2 Digital Lemon

Digital Lemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

http://wiki.erepubli...assador_Program

• Gucio likes this

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

#3 Altario

Altario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

That way of honouration is given to citizens who 

- contributed to the distribution of eRepublik (such as inviting a huge amount of players (except multies and proxies) etc.)

- helped the improvement of the game experience like translations in foreign languages and new added programs/features.

It's something like a "thank-you-saying" from the Admins for your services. Everything else is the same.

More can be found right here: http://wiki.erepubli...assador_Program

Edited by Altario, 12 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

• Godfather Corleone likes this

#4 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

That way of honouration is given to citizens who [...]

heh(( it'll be not soon)

#5 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, just read the eRep wiki, everything's there :)

f8RA4.gif

#6 Mlendea Horatiu

Mlendea Horatiu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks.

I do have a lot of referrals (686 in total) but I'm not sure what improving the game means... Will tutorials, giveaways and activity in Mentorship Program do ?

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___DRACONES INVICTUS__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

#7 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Not really sure, you might wanna ask someone from the staff. I guess it's reporting bugs etc. but who knows haha :P

f8RA4.gif

#8 Arthk

Arthk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ambassador reporting in.

Organize a successful community meeting, get some famous site to advertise erepublik, help with new language translations and you'll have the blue icon on your profile, yay! 

It's really just that, one blue icon on your profile, nothing more. If you're willing to work for it you go, boy!

lm8g.png

#9 DaLe

DaLe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Some stuff in RL people get paid for it seems. 

E.g. worked as Sales manager, which in that case involved among others on- and off-line presentation and advertisements, representation at fairs, organization of events, care of corporate partners/clients, preparation of offers, multi-lingual, and for that I did get paid RL-money salary and I have it on my "RL-profile" which many do call CV. 

"Don't taze me, bro." Just sayin'... :)

Edited by DaLe, 12 August 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#10 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thanks.

I do have a lot of referrals (686 in total) but I'm not sure what improving the game means... Will tutorials, giveaways and activity in Mentorship Program do ?

Participating in the Translation Program, The Mentorship Program, Wiki Edit and Big amount of active Referrals can give you the Ambassador Title.

I got the title after translating the game to Hebrew. 

Edited by xMikiGOx, 12 August 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#11 Mlendea Horatiu

Mlendea Horatiu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Participating in the Translation Program, The Mentorship Program, Wiki Edit and Big amount of active Referrals can give you the Ambassador Title.

I got the title after translating the game to Hebrew. 

Well I can't translate the game as I only know english and romanian, but will Wiki translations be enough?

#12 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well I can't translate the game as I only know english and romanian, but will Wiki translations be enough?

Well, the eRepublik Team looking for Wiki Editors. 
Maybe they are looking for Romanian Translators as well.

However, i believe they won't give the title if you'll update 10-20 pages, but big amount.

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#13 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Well... As for now no one has managed to get the Ambassador Badge for wiki translations, generally Plato doesn't really classify the wiki translations similarly to the game translations :(

#14 DaLe

DaLe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

"Community" recognition for work on community wiki articles would be nice. Anyone working basically for free such as doing translations for in-game things of assumedly private for-profit company, rather weird tho and not really on level of serious companies, in my opinion. Regarding translations, i think it could be compared to a restaurant. And in such restaurant it surely would seem weird if guests would translate sort of permanently the menu "for" other guests but also for the restaurant itself, especially if the restaurant, but also eventual travel agencies or so, are pretending to be "on-level". Recognition for invitation is sort of usual in some restaurants, meaning the free drink and food for guide and driver for travel groups of around 40+ when there is usually pre-ordered consumption for the whole group, so besides considering that when the ambassador program was active i think the whole gold for active invited wasn't yet anyhow, so nothing to nag there about in my opinion.    

#15 BrunoCostel

BrunoCostel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

In my case i was nominated as eRepublik Ambassador due some RL projects to introduce eRepublik in different websites and blogs from our country. In the same time for the first time in eBrazil we setup different babyboom compaigns with a donation program including several players. This is a really hard job because you should have the confidence with other players and considering this is a "virtual environment", it's really difficult to have positive feedback.

This is one of the keys to be an Ambassador, but in my opinion there is no standard process to get the medal. The only important thing is the "passion" about eRepublik and how you are promoting the game in your region.

#16 Bond Guevara

Bond Guevara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Ambassadre reporting in.

The easiest way to got that badge is translating the game, but as you see now, eRep has been translated in more than 25 language.

IMHO, any people who have knowledge in Finnish, Baltic languages, Irish, Swedish, and maybe Japanese should have more chance to get Ambassador badge than everyone, because erep is not translated in those languages above. Maybe if you have knowledge in any language which eRep not have their version, even the countries which used that language is not exist in eRep like Vietnamese, you can try to translate erep in that language.

77e1.gif

Our life is like a white paper in a book

Only us who can decide to write it with good ink or bad ink

#17 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well... As for now no one [...]

so, for wiki translations it's impossible? game translations not required (as i heared), so is there any way to become an ambassador? :(

#18 Bond Guevara

Bond Guevara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

so, for wiki translations it's impossible? game translations not required (as i heared), so is there any way to become an ambassador? :(

For wiki translation, it practically, impossible as Gucio said is before. But for game translation, there's always a chance. But as you see now, there's 29 languages (English not counted) and you must have knowledge in a language which eRep is not translated at it then you got that chance.

8b5x.png

As you see, Finnish, Lithuanian, Latvians, Estonians, and all people I mentioned above or anyone who have that knowledge in that language should have greater chance.

For Germanic languages, Dutch, Danish, or Swedish is good too although it's a small community here. You can try Norwegian (Bokmål or Nynorsk), maybe for attract more player from there. But once again, English is enough for them to play.

For Slavic languages, we only have Czech and/or Slovak language as an option beside Montenegrin and Bosnian (the last 2 language is related to Serbo-Croatian language).

For Romance languages, maybe we can let Catalan community to make their version of eRep, if admin permitted it.

Edited by Bond Guevara, 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM.

77e1.gif

#19 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

i know only ukrainian (translated) russian (translated) and a few english(don't needed translators)
so...
any other ways?

Edited by Pitcity, 13 August 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#20 Bond Guevara

Bond Guevara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

i know only ukrainian (translated) russian (translated) and a few english(don't needed translators)
so...
any other ways?

As you see in wiki:

Duties of the Ambassadors included:

• Translation and proofreading (localization) of the game
  • Inviting large numbers of players into the game (doesn't include multiple accounts)

There's two ways to get ambassador badge. I've explained the first and you know if the translation means game translation and not wiki translation as explained by Gucio. This is the easiest way and limited to any people who don't have their language version in eRep, i.e Finnish

The next way is more harder. As wiki have said, "Inviting large numbers of players into the game". That means if you must to start babyboom, once again babyboom in a country, maybe Chile level (People start babyboom which that country is expected to be in par with existing world level countries). So, you must try to be a hero in the eyes of Plato so you've got that badge.

Ukraine is a good place to try, if you've successful bring more people in this game so your country become the new power in erep, you will be deserved with that badge. Or maybe you can try Vietnam or Philippines, as they have many gamers roaming around the country.

Edited by Bond Guevara, 13 August 2013 - 07:50 AM.

77e1.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ambassador

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users