• This topic is locked This topic is locked
258 replies to this topic

#201 jackinson1

jackinson1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

Nigeria Resources: be sure to add oil, coal, and rubber.

I'm a game developer I could assist in this project just the way I helped in rulers of nation

Edited by jackinson1, 12 May 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#202 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I found a grammatical mistake in Nigeria's region name. "North West State" should be written as "North West States"

Yeah, this mistake was actually fixed before, but we didn't have time on Friday to take a new screenshot. Thanks for pointing it out, though!

why is maiduguri yellow

No idea.. Maybe it was so sunny there when we took the screenshot? :wacko:

How many orgs will the new countrys have?

We'll get back with more details later.

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#203 Reina Rosa

Reina Rosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

So Cuba is getting just 3 regions while Armenia is getting 4 and Georgia 5. Lets do some math

Georgia' area: 69,700 km2 
Armenia's area: 29, 800km2
Sume of Georgia +Armenia= 99, 500km2

Cuba's area: 110, 800km2
So Cuba is still bigger than Georgia and Armenia together and we will have a third of the regions they will? Seems very fair to me.

About the way non rl residents getting cs you may take rl residents opinion into consideration. We know who are those helping us and who arent. 

• CheetahCurtis likes this

#204 Alex Popovic

Alex Popovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Dear admin Petsku suppose I can called you that,when will be finnally put new countries ?.It"s been past almoust a month since have been annouced those 4 countries and since than nothing.I am not RL resident from any of those countries accept in the religion,cose Georgia is ortodox country.So in addition of this thread I would ask this:could I get CS of any of those 4 coutries and to leave there,for instance in Cuba or Georgia and to create a political system and Congress alongside with others ?.I want to go to one of those countries and leave there.Also want to be politicly involved as I am a politician,right :).So that is the question,Greetings from Alex Popovic.Almoust forgot,want to thank you and other admins stuff of the game for fixing my avatar.

#205 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Dear admin Petsku suppose I can called you that,when will be finnally put new countries ?.It"s been past almoust a month since have been annouced those 4 countries and since than nothing.I am not RL resident from any of those countries accept in the religion,cose Georgia is ortodox country.So in addition of this thread I would ask this:could I get CS of any of those 4 coutries and to leave there,for instance in Cuba or Georgia and to create a political system and Congress alongside with others ?.I want to go to one of those countries and leave there.Also want to be politicly involved as I am a politician,right :).So that is the question,Greetings from Alex Popovic.Almoust forgot,want to thank you and other admins stuff of the game for fixing my avatar.

Have you read their past post?!

Patience... does that word mean anything to you people!

For more info, look at my wikipage

#206 Alex Popovic

Alex Popovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

I am patient,but for how long,and I am not alone in this ?.When I have intentions to do some job,I"ve done,and not annouceing something and give people hope and after that,nothing not give any information,such as that "the countries will be put soon" and after that nothing.They shouldn"t announced anything untill they do the job.They could annouce last year and than will have pleanty of time to finished all "techical details" as they called that and at the beging of this year 2014 to set all 4 countries.

#207 Hxeo

Hxeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

I am patient,but for how long,and I am not alone in this ?.When I have intentions to do some job,I"ve done,and not annouceing something and give people hope and after that,nothing not give any information,such as that "the countries will be put soon" and after that nothing.They shouldn"t announced anything untill they do the job.They could annouce last year and than will have pleanty of time to finished all "techical details" as they called that and at the beging of this year 2014 to set all 4 countries.

I have to give him right about this. It is internationaly known that if some company wants to implement new things in its project, they have to announce a deadline or a date with milestones.

It is just as Alex Popovic said "It will be there soon".

Either you should not announce anything or u give your customers a detailed report about the work!

#208 Alex Popovic

Alex Popovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I have to give him right about this. It is internationaly known that if some company wants to implement new things in its project, they have to announce a deadline or a date with milestones.

Either you should not announce anything or u give your customers a detailed report about the work!

Hxeo thank you and I"ve just told the truth nothing else.

#209 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Actually, a company is not obligated to share a deadline, date or milestone(it is a choice) unless it is specified in a contract or any kind of agreement.

...Is there?!

#210 Dark Beard Joe

Dark Beard Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I agree
Either give us a date or just dont announce it

#211 Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Actually, a company is not obligated to share a deadline, date or milestone(it is a choice) unless it is specified in a contract or any kind of agreement.

...Is there?!

Mmm lets quote Petsku

Hey guys, we're still having discussions with the real life residents. The regions are pretty much set, but the tehcnical side is not finished.

I can't promise dates at this point. However, I wanted to ask something. What kind of details would you like to know beforehand? We were thinking to share the names of regions, and the resources in them, well before they appear on the map. It would give countries a chance to prepare strategically, if they want to make a move.

Also, by doing this, we'd allow you some time to give comments and feedback. How does this sound?

False, there was no discussion, at least with Cubans. Then, 3 days after that:

Hey guys,

We're sorry for the lack of communication so far. This week we'll focus more on the discussion towards the real life residents. If your tickets are still pending, don't worry - they were most likely read already and will be analyzed and replied to as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and have a great week!

Seems they have a different concept of week at erepublik labs because we needed to wait 11 days to see new info from petsku. And by the way, there was no discussion with real life residents (at least Cuban)

So dude tommot, its not about contract or deadlines, its about a company lying all the time to their customers.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore, 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#212 Dark Beard Joe

Dark Beard Joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

there was no discussion with real life residents (at least Cuban)

Same with Georgians

They just don't care about the players as long as they make money.

#213 Ignaki

Ignaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

So Cuba is getting just 3 regions while Armenia is getting 4 and Georgia 5. Lets do some math

Georgia' area: 69,700 km2 
Armenia's area: 29, 800km2
Sume of Georgia +Armenia= 99, 500km2

Cuba's area: 110, 800km2
So Cuba is still bigger than Georgia and Armenia together and we will have a third of the regions they will? Seems very fair to me.

About the way non rl residents getting cs you may take rl residents opinion into consideration. We know who are those helping us and who arent. 

#214 Hxeo

Hxeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

...Is there?!

I wrote it wrong down. I meant that a company has to set deadlines and milestones for themselves.

If they would have done this, then there would be no hectic and these "half" announcements.

Thats all I wanted to say.

#215 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

I'd be more than happy to give a set date, but since we can't promise anything at this point, isn't it better not to say it? Of course we have a target date, but if we're not 100% sure if we can achieve that, I believe it's better not to raise hope.

We had to make these topics well before the implementation so that players could prepare and have their say on which countries get picked.

I agree
Either give us a date or just dont announce it

Again, without announcements players wouldn't have had a say in which 2 countries get picked. I think announcing things beforehand is never a bad thing.

And by the way, there was no discussion with real life residents (at least Cuban)

4 people here at the office each picked a country and was in charge of handling the citizenship requests, drawing the borders etc. I personally contacted a few real life players from Georgia and got help with the regions, their names etc. I'm not absolutely sure about Cubans so won't comment there.

Anyway, I understand the frustration and it's actually good to see that so many are waiting for these countries to be added. I hope I can share more tomorrow or Friday!

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#216 comrade zura

comrade zura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

When will you add new counties? we are waiting for long time ;_;

#217 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

dude,....Did you read the post above you?

#218 jackinson1

jackinson1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

Can I voluntarily participate in this project to learn one or two things about what it takes to create a game like erepublik? Is there any job fair? Sorry this is off topic but I will be interested as you continue working on the new countries.

#219 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

dude,....Did you read the post above you?

I wonder this about a lot of the posts in this thread.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#220 Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Well, concerning Cuba regiones this is how our map could be:

cuba.png

Im sure you will just ignore this post, but I made this map and decide to post it anyway. We dont want 100 regions, we even ask for less regions than those Georgia, a country smaller than our, will get. We just want it to be a little fairer.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore, 14 May 2014 - 10:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users