#1 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hello to dear readers

I believe political titles such as ministry of finance or ministry of foreign affairs etc are just useless and boring titles

what I suggest is cheapest and most realistic change that is possible with the current political-module

In order to make titles closer to real. and make something useful and more respectable out of this titles I suggest to make these changes

1- All proposal relating to donate, Issue money, and all taxes should be brought to voting only  by Ministry of finance (only congressmen can vote)

2- All proposal relating to natural enemy and ceasing war or airstrike  should be brought to vote only  by ministry of defense (only congressmen and president and ministry of foreign affairs can vote)

3-MPPs should be brought to vote only by ministry of foreign affairs (only congressmen and ministry of foreign affairs can vote)

4- Trade embargoes should be brought only by ministry of finance (only congressmen and ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of finance can vote)

5- Providing citizenship can only be available only if governor suggests the applicants to congressmen, then accepting it will be on shoulder of congressmen

6- By all these changes made, political titles will be important, so I suggest that congress can Impeach each of those represented in these titles.

7- I think we should make a choice for ministry of education to pin the ministry of education newspaper on top so everyone can read it

By all these changes that are simple and cheap The political module will be more exciting than before, it would be cheap for admins to apply because almost nothing new is needed to be added.

P.S: I'm not sure but I think we also may need that president approve each proposal before it goes to voting by congressmen so that president can play a key role

Dear readers I will be happy to know about your comments on this idea, so if it is agreed by most I will also send a ticket and show our idea to admins. If you think it is good but some of it must be changed then tell me and when we will reached to a sum up I will send it as a ticket to admins by referring to supporters in forum.

Sincerely

Shayan Rmz

• megahack, Dr.Male, tommot and 6 others like this
"What does the red tulip have, that the clover flower doesn't?"
-Sohrab Sepehri-

#2 nkrsystem

nkrsystem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

I do not like Political module so I do not have any idea about the options that are available with titles,one thing that I always think it will be best is time that the  CP could be in charge for example 2 months or 3  will reduce the risk to be PTO.

Your ideas can facilitate operations and save time but will be no democracy in those decisions since only one player will decide whether or not the option is recommended for that case.

Another idea is the admin check the countrys that was PTO and when the country tresure was stolen, these same members were banned from the game but  plato does not care about what players complains so that I think will not be very useful trying to give ideas how to improve the game

Best Regards 

nkrsystem

• Shayan Rmz likes this

#3 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Same with party titles and aliances. They do nothing.

• Saiwun, Shayan Rmz and encoree like this

#4 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

I do not like Political module so I do not have any idea about the options that are available with titles,one thing that I always think it will be best is time that the  CP could be in charge for example 2 months or 3  will reduce the risk to be PTO.

Your ideas can facilitate operations and save time but will be no democracy in those decisions since only one player will decide whether or not the option is recommended for that case.

Another idea is the admin check the countrys that was PTO and when the country tresure was stolen, these same members were banned from the game but  plato does not care about what players complains so that I think will not be very useful trying to give ideas how to improve the game

Best Regards 

nkrsystem

Well, mate, it isnt something against democracy, can you tell your neighbor what to do or what not to do?

It is like this, congress members can change any law without knowing the needed ministry idea aboutthat matter

In other words, its exact democracy and freedom !!!

what do they do in real? a minister will bring a law to congress and tries to convince the congress to vote yes for his/her proposal

But here political titles are useless because a congressmember is everything and ministers are nothing

-Sohrab Sepehri-

#5 Léon Reno

Léon Reno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Good idea. I liked it.

• Shayan Rmz and tef1 like this

#6 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

i fully support the proposal. ;)

• Shayan Rmz and tef1 like this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#7 I n f 0 r m e r

I n f 0 r m e r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIran , mashhad

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

CP should be able to send All of those Laws

he is CP :D

agreed with the rest ;)

• Dr.Male and Shayan Rmz like this

#8 mojlek

mojlek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

nice ideas and I support you :)

I will also add some more things that all citizens can vote, like when allys are choosing and airstrikes and maybe some other more important stuff

(mybe like a modul for goverment when they can not decide and put it in peoples hands)

• Shayan Rmz likes this

#9 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

nice ideas and I support you :)

I will also add some more things that all citizens can vote, like when allys are choosing and airstrikes and maybe some other more important stuff
(mybe like a modul for goverment when they can not decide and put it in peoples hands)

you are referring to a referendum kinda thing like these:
National Referendum / National Survey
Saving Political Module

• Shayan Rmz likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#10 mojlek

mojlek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

yes exactly like national referendum in the first link
both this things will be a good refreshment in the political modul

• Shayan Rmz likes this

#11 Anthony Colby

Anthony Colby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

An interesting idea. 

• Shayan Rmz likes this

Check out my newspaper The Maine Frontier.  http://www.erepublik...by-2304887/1/20

#12 wingfield

wingfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

Although Plato specifically stated when he brought in the citizenship module in 2009 that citizen approvals were the PERSONAL CHOICE of Congress members, virtually every country in eRep imposes sanctions on Congress members exercising that personal choice. Your proposal would restrict the democratic freedom of Congress members even more. This would apply not just for citizenship but even in proposing donations, natural enemy, taxes, other defence matters and so on.

What Plato allows, no external body or forum can deny. It is another matter when Plato takes things away, as in individual regions for Congress, forcing us into top 5 parties, the loss of economic power that had been built up by hard work and investment, and so on. We can't stop that but there is no way we should ENCOURAGE the whittling down of individual rights.

We don't play eRep to become a pack of zombies without thought or will. If we can't get improvements from Plato, at least leave us with what we still have,

• Shayan Rmz likes this

#13 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Although Plato specifically stated when he brought in the citizenship module in 2009 that citizen approvals were the PERSONAL CHOICE of Congress members, virtually every country in eRep imposes sanctions on Congress members exercising that personal choice. Your proposal would restrict the democratic freedom of Congress members even more. This would apply not just for citizenship but even in proposing donations, natural enemy, taxes, other defence matters and so on.

What Plato allows, no external body or forum can deny. It is another matter when Plato takes things away, as in individual regions for Congress, forcing us into top 5 parties, the loss of economic power that had been built up by hard work and investment, and so on. We can't stop that but there is no way we should ENCOURAGE the whittling down of individual rights.

We don't play eRep to become a pack of zombies without thought or will. If we can't get improvements from Plato, at least leave us with what we still have,

this freedom of congress that you are mentioning my friend is more than deserved

If you look at my profile in game you will see my experience in congress is much more than what Ive experienced in government

I consider myself a man of congress rather than government, but I also can see that political titles are nothing

By adding the impeachment power ( I mean impeaching more other responsible guys in governemnt) actually congress will have all what it needs

-Sohrab Sepehri-

#14 Raven Anarcho

Raven Anarcho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

I think perhaps the CP should also be able to propose all of those votes, so there's some room in case one of the ministries goes inactive and there's little time to replace them before the proposal must be made. Other than that, I would love to see the game mechanics support the ministry positions more as well. 

• Shayan Rmz likes this

#15 Flaco Jimenez

Flaco Jimenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

I would love to see an economic module that actually works. 

• Shayan Rmz, Nasionalis Sarawak and eastwindrain like this

1029831-1.png

To a kid lookin' up to me , Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. 

Warrior/Poet: Ice Cube. 

#16 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Once I had this idea

Someone renewed it here

https://forum.erepub...-for-ministers/

Anyone supporting and looking for some good change?

It's not costly for admins, but effective for players.
-Sohrab Sepehri-

#17 Krisjanis.Liepins

Krisjanis.Liepins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

I would like to suggest that Country President, when setting up his/her Cabinet, could freely customize titles by assigning whatever functions he/she want.

• Jimkats1 likes this

#18 William Thomas Riker

William Thomas Riker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

First, you mixed terms Minister of Finance and Governor. They are the one and the same, with the in-game title of Governor. So, Governor should be in charge for things you put under Minister of Finance, and definitely shouldn't be in charge of granting citizenship.

Second, whether or not political titles have any in-game options is of no relevance. What matters is if they are knowledgeable in their respective fields and capable of doing their jobs: advising the Country President.

I have no ingame functions as a Governor, and yet my government never makes a move regarding economic issues without getting an approval from me first. Same with Congress.

And then again, you could give in-game options to my title, and, as a CP, put a total dumbass in my place and just order him/her what to do.

See? It doesn't matter.

• Jimkats1 likes this

#19 Aurum Toldani

Aurum Toldani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

I love this idea, and I would love to see it implemented, but it makes the game better and a bit more competitive, so the devs won't even consider it :(

#20 wittyprakash

wittyprakash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:37 AM

I agree.. We would see more collaboration, new people taking up the cabinet role and lot of cabinet changes :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, political, political titles, congress, governor, updating current module

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users