33 replies to this topic

#1 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

To give the new countries a chance to adapt to the New World, some changes to war mechanics will be made. The changes described below will come into effect on Monday, Day 2,379 at some point during the day.

new_countries_flags.png

Region protection statuses

From now on, regions of a country can have a protection status in the following fashion:

1. Normal Status
-The familiar mechanic: A region can be attacked if there is a direct war and the attacker has a border with the region. It can also be attacked via Airstrike.

2. Protected Status
- A region can only be attacked via Airstrike, or if a war is already in progress between the countries.

3. Safe Status
- The region cannot be attacked.

Please notice that the status tied to a region only applies for the original owner of the region. For example, if Country A’s Region X has a Protected Status and Country B conquers it with an Airstrike, the Protected Status is disabled from that region. It will be enabled again once the original owner liberates the region.

Protection on the capital region

To guarantee a smooth start for the four new countries, their capital regions will be granted a Safe Status, ensuring its full protection. The Safe Status will grant a protection for 4 months. If enabled, the Safe Status of the capital will be displayed on the Country Society page.

Protection on other original regions

The other original regions of the new countries will have a Protected Status for 2 weeks. During this time a war against the country can only be started via Airstrike (no matter if you’re a neighbour or not). This will grant an equal chance for all the countries to conquer new territories.

Only the original regions of the new countries will receive the Protected Status. This means that if a new country conquers a non-original region, the conquered region will have a Normal Status. This leads to neighbours being able to vote a Natural Enemy law, or to Declare a War, and attack normally.

If enabled, the Protected Status of a region and its length will be displayed on the Country Society page.

Natural Enemy laws and a bonus damage

When a country’s capital has the Safe Status, the country cannot use the Natural Enemy law to attack others. They will, however, be able to Declare Wars or launch Airstrikes normally.

When the capital has the Safe Status, the citizens of that country will deal 10% bonus damage in all direct battles of that country (Resistance Wars are not direct battles). The 10% bonus damage is comparable to the familiar Natural Enemy bonus which won’t be available for the citizens of the new countries during this time.

Please notice also that:
- If a new country manages to get an initiative in a war, it will only be able to use the automatic attacks (happening 24 hours after a War has been won) until 6th of June when a President will get elected.
- New countries cannot be voted as Natural Enemies in the first 2 weeks, unless the new country possesses a region from another country, or a War is already in progress (through Declaring a War or an Airstrike). If that’s not the case, a Natural Enemy law set on them will automatically be rejected and no Battles will be opened.
- If the attacker’s only attackable region has the Safe Status, the War will automatically be closed.

• Dhoo and Persian Punisher like this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 Suriatex

Suriatex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Sucks

#3 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

What about older countries? Will they have a chance of getting the safe/protected status for a region or more somehow in the future? (As a reward from a tournament etc)

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#4 Steveeven

Steveeven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

It is good that countries may have these protection statuses.  It will help smaller countries from being deleted in the game and encourage those players to play more.

In order to be a realist you must believe in miracles.  –David Ben-Gurion

#5 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

It is good that countries may have these protection statuses.  It will help smaller countries from being deleted in the game and encourage those players to play more.

Theoretically maybe .. finally as we can learn from the past, the big countries are the ones who will get the protection as rewards or somehow else :P

#6 The DarkKnight

The DarkKnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

I feel like petsku has a thing for me

#7 Léon Reno

Léon Reno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

So we will be able to AirStrike neighbour new country, right?

#8 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Just when I thought you're gonna do something that makes sense... You fooled me again!

#9 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Btw, just give new countries protection as it was given before (45 days) and be done with it. But no, why make things simple when you can complicate?

#10 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

What about older countries? Will they have a chance of getting the safe/protected status for a region or more somehow in the future? (As a reward from a tournament etc)

An interesting idea! :)

So we will be able to AirStrike neighbour new country, right?

That's correct, this exception had to be made for the regions with Protected Status.

Btw, just give new countries protection as it was given before (45 days) and be done with it. But no, why make things simple when you can complicate?

We felt that the system presented above would be a more pleasant experience overall. This way we're not blocking the wars entirely, but we're still allowing the new countries to have a congress and to build their country.

I feel like petsku has a thing for me

:o

• The DarkKnight likes this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#11 KokoAp

KokoAp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Why can't you explain all this in a simpler way? Let me help you:

"We decided that some countries needed additional bonuses, and created these new countries to provide an easy route for those bonuses"

At least, the above would be more honest, without any double talk about excitement and such

#12 KokoAp

KokoAp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

After thinking a bit, I thought I should write something more constructive.

At the moment, and in any case, till Monday, there will be no president, no congress and no economy.

So those countries have no chance to find allies, make MPP's or anything else for that matter.

Do you really propose to say that 10% bonus will help 120 people defend against a well establised country?

Back to a non constructive comment "Be satisfied with, and be thankful for your capital region, we gave you the rest of the regions just for show. Enjoy it for the next 2 or 3 days"

Edited by KokoAp, 23 May 2014 - 07:42 PM.

• Nelkosan and Georgian wolf like this

#13 angeldav

angeldav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

i have to read all before coment

i have to read all before coment

x100

Edited by angeldav, 23 May 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#14 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

"During Monday we’ll roll out a lot of war related changes (stay tuned for updates!) and share more information on how the countries will get to adapt to the New World."

friday?(i live in the past?) or there is more changes

You just need to read the full post . "The changes described below will come into effect on Monday, Day 2,379 at some point during the day."

#15 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

We're f*cked. :unsure:

Edited by Demonaire, 23 May 2014 - 06:50 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Besman

Besman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

After thinking a bit, I thought I should write something more constructive.

At the moment, and in any case, till Monday, there will be no president, no congress and no economy.

So those countries have no chance to find allies, make MPP's or anything else for that matter.

Do you really propose say that 10% bonus will help 120 people defend against a well establised country?

Back to a non constructive comment "Be satisfied with, and be thankful for your capital region, we gave you the rest of the regions just for show. Enjoy it for the next 2 or 3 days"

this is the truth, what should we do? You don't give us a chance to develop, what should we do in just 3 days and which alliances would be interested in cooperation with us if all of our territories will be taken away before we even start?

• Georgian wolf likes this

#17 folkmann

folkmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

no one trolled me like this before. :D

#18 Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Truth is that eRepublik dont have marketing staff and I highly doubt they even have fulltime game developers, they probably use freelancers. This is realy a miracle that eRep is still alive(ish) , for 6 or 7 years as they never tryed to advertise their game and hoped that their players will do that job for them. Now they hope that new countries will make BB based on what? Biggest accomplishment of eRep staff is that they made oversimplified game who is at same time so hard for new players that 90% of them will stop playing in first week or so.

Economy is dead and war module is everything and to be competitive in war module as new player without buying gold you need to invest ~2years or more not fighting at all OR (and this is even better -.-) you need to buy gold for 100-150 euros and then again you need to train without fighting for 1 year to be competitive. 

Did any of dev. team (if you have it at all) even tryed to start with new profile?

• Nelkosan, Alex.L and Georgian wolf like this

erepublik-badge-80x15.gif

#19 KokoAp

KokoAp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Truth is that eRepublik dont have marketing staff and I highly doubt they even have fulltime game developers, they probably use freelancers. This is realy a miracle that eRep is still alive(ish) , for 6 or 7 years as they never tryed to advertise their game and hoped that their players will do that job for them. Now they hope that new countries will make BB based on what? Biggest accomplishment of eRep staff is that they made oversimplified game who is at same time so hard for new players that 90% of them will stop playing in first week or so.

Economy is dead and war module is everything and to be competitive in war module as new player without buying gold you need to invest ~2years or more not fighting at all OR (and this is even better -.-) you need to buy gold for 100-150 euros and then again you need to train without fighting for 1 year to be competitive. 

Did any of dev. team (if you have it at all) even tryed to start with new profile?

Too true, and if their dreams were of BB, they can dream on. Nationalism will only take you so far.

#20 Georgian wolf

Georgian wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

+1 . they said eGeorgia will have chance now they pushing us to have 5000 player in 2 weeks . we must do there job to survive .  we will try survive and make BB but we have very low chance that it will help us against Top countrys . and Georgian old players will move back  in eUS  again . country lost and potential  new players lost with it .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users