• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#21 SeamusX

SeamusX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

In battle page i feel sometimes more damage and another less , regardles energy; Could be selected an enemy on the battlefield? ; If my tank is destroyed, what shoud happen'?

#22 Matahari

Matahari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

In battle page i feel sometimes more damage and another less , regardles energy; Could be selected an enemy on the battlefield? ; If my tank is destroyed, what shoud happen'?

it's just new display, the battle system are the same with the old one, only rather than the old display which is 1 vs 1 , we use this new battle page display that show group of tank vs group of tank.

#23 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Now you cannot see your opponent's strength so it's impossible to calculate the hits needed to defeat them. When you fight without a weapon, sometimes you run into 10+ hit opponents, my personal record was 130 hits (1300hp). There should be some info about the opponent so that I know if I have enough energy to defeat them.

• Majester likes this

#24 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Instead of making visual changed how about you change the whole military module? 

At the moment the one who spends more wins. New players cannot enjoy the module (BH).

Where is the strategy? at the moment it's just "money eater" ..

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#25 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the extensive feedback! We're doing this early access exactly for this - to listen to the players and see what they would like to see added to the new Battle Page. It's important to remember that it's still in development and a lot can change before it will replace the old one.

If new things come to mind, don't hesitate to share them!

maybe in future winner of competition could have special avatar tank/ air unit like the past for a week/certain time it's a good prize variation, decoration are crap for me XD

I want a pink tank! B)

Now you cannot see your opponent's strength so it's impossible to calculate the hits needed to defeat them. When you fight without a weapon, sometimes you run into 10+ hit opponents, my personal record was 130 hits (1300hp). There should be some info about the opponent so that I know if I have enough energy to defeat them.

True, we'll see if this is something we could implement.

Instead of making visual changed how about you change the whole military module? 

At the moment the one who spends more wins. New players cannot enjoy the module (BH).

Where is the strategy? at the moment it's just "money eater" ..

What kind of a change would you like? The core concept hasn't changed since the beginning: Large and well organized countries / Military Units win the wars. So if you're talking about spending food fights and weapons, you're correct. But it's always been like this.

I don't personally see why new players should easily be able to challenge older players for BH medals. In my first couple of years, I got 1 or 2 BH medals from region swaps. I never thought that I should be able to hit more than the old and more powerful guys.

About strategy: if you're talking about fighting, we tried it in v2 and it wasn't received well. But if you're referring to strategic opportunities for countries, I agree, there could be more depth in that field.

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#26 kojoti2

kojoti2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMacedonia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

If you listen players you will work on economy check comments on your facebook profile, here and on all other pages that eRepublik have..

99.99% players ask for one thing ------FIX ECONOMY------.

BlogAzerothsignature1.png

#27 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

99.99% players ask for one thing ------FIX ECONOMY------.

Yet 0% are able to define, or even describe, a working economy in eRepublik. It's easy to say that something is wrong and not to give any possible solutions.

We've considered a lot of ideas but improving some aspect without hurting another is very hard. You need to understand that there are very old and rich players, old and poor players and also new players. Balancing between them is very hard.

I believe everyone knows that overproduction is one of the main issues. The idea of removing Work as Manager is simple, but how do you do it without pissing off the company owners? Some have actually spent thousands of Gold or real money to their companies. Offering a full refund is not a solution either.

We had a long discussion about economy a year ago in the summit of Thessaloniki. No one could really agree on what's a working economy or how it could be improved.

• bubustiuc likes this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#28 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yet 0% are able to define, or even describe, a working economy in eRepublik. It's easy to say that something is wrong and not to give any possible solutions.

We've considered a lot of ideas but improving some aspect without hurting another is very hard. You need to understand that there are very old and rich players, old and poor players and also new players. Balancing between them is very hard.

I believe everyone knows that overproduction is one of the main issues. The idea of removing Work as Manager is simple, but how do you do it without pissing off the company owners? Some have actually spent thousands of Gold or real money to their companies. Offering a full refund is not a solution either.

We had a long discussion about economy a year ago in the summit of Thessaloniki. No one could really agree on what's a working economy or how it could be improved.

https://forum.erepub...als-for-prices/

https://forum.erepub...ket/#entry39603

#29 realjjj

realjjj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Actually it is way easy to fix the economy but Plato hasn't made a positive change in any module in years, there is no point in even trying to reason with whoever decides those things.

In truth pretty much every module is messed up.

We used to have a bunch of things to do on erep, There was the economic module, now dead. The money market, now dead. The company market, now dead.Hell i stopped checking out the press when the UI changed.

Whoever is in charge doesn't even get the basic concept that the game needs to be fun for the bulk of the players not just for the top 1%. The weekly contests are designed for the 1%, not for everybody. You got ppl with 10-20 well per 6 mins but you do the math for the very few with 30-40.

Anyway , back to the economy, ONE simple thing is needed for an economy to function and that's to be able to self-balance. Here you have practically  infinite supply with limited demand and that's why prices can only go down. You can try all you want to stimulate demand, supply will just surpass demand.

Fixing the economy means fixing that, making it fun is another matter, but making it functional is childishly easy.

In v1 raw was produced by workers and that kept things in check, now we can have as many farms as we want. No need to just kill farms, but you could limit the max number of farms we have and introduce diff Q like in companies although a better solution would be preferable.

The company market is kille dby the pricing limitations, our allowed range is well above the cost of companies under promo and that's intentional from Plato's part, you might as wel get rid of teh damn module.

The money market has no purpose anymore and the national bank not much of a responsibility.

Other insane things on erep: different productivity from one nation to another favoring big nations, freedom fighter medals, 10 gold MM limit when the value of gold is a few times lower than when the rule was introduced ( used to be 1 euro per gold now it's 5-6 times less), no xp in pvp and many many more.

Anyway, the key to a functional economy is SUPPLY and DEMAND BALANCE and that is impossible to achieve with the current system but fixable in about 5 minutes.

• plasticola, Twoo, Majester and 1 other like this

#30 Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

What was wrong with V1 or V2 economy?

Yes, ppl were using orgs, companies and unlimited gold donations to acquire multi gold, but instead punishing them you punished whole community. Removing orgs with companies you removed chance for those "poor" players to unite their wealth so they could make profit.

Bring back orgs, let them cost 10-20gold make for them daily gold limit to 50g

Add option to pay with RL cash if you want bigger gold limit, smth like 5-10$ for 30-60g daily.

Bring back for instance ticket companies, make that they need only two resurces Oil and Rubber to calculate their production, remove option to pay traveling costs directly with cc, and for beggining they shoud use WRM as raw (later on it should be divided to form new kind of raw).

Remove WaM from product companies (weapon, food, tickets...)

Bring back working skill, for ppl playing this game 3+ years they should get first 30 WORKING days bonus on their working skill training, those wih 2+ get 20 WORKING days bonus etc. People with less than 1year shoud get first 5 WORKING days as bonus. Why WORKING days, because ppl who didnt played during that time dont get punished for that, so first time they work after getting back to erep they get their bonus.

Add companies for Guerilla fight gear (they all should be Q1 companies, and cheap to produce)

Hospitals and Defense systems, bring them back make them again useful...

And I can go on...

erepublik-badge-80x15.gif

#31 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Two more notes:

1. You don't know who's dealt the biggest damage in every div unless you open the old battle stats pop-up. You can only see the avatars (not their names) but some people use generic MU avatars so that doesn't help. There isn't even a mouseover info.
  2. Being able to choose the weapon instead of switching it the old way is good but it still could be improved for performance. Now when you open the weapon menu, a request is sent to http://www.erepublik...ry/show-weapons to retrieve the weapon inventory. Then when you choose one, another request is sent to http://www.erepublik.com/en/military/change-weapon. This should be made entirely client-side to omit the frequent server lag and improve the user experience. Very simple - weapon inventory should be included in the page source and then updated with each weapon shot. Clicking the "Fight" button should pass the selected weapon to the server as a parameter. In case of errors caused by having multiple tabs opened, there would just be "empty" shots, maybe with a message "Weapon [Qx] not found".

#32 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

The rocket/bomb menu displays wrong info on mouseover:

dppjKGE.jpg

#33 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

The rocket/bomb menu displays wrong info on mouseover:

dppjKGE.jpg

We are aware of this issue, will be updated on the next deploy.

...always watching...

#34 Golika

Golika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Yes. And right now you please 0% of the community with current economy and 100% is complaining!

"It's easy to say that something is wrong and not to give any possible solutions." -> If we summarised the ideas that have been posted via in person; forum; bug report; facebook etc. then it would easily reach 5000 individual ideas. Or you know what? 1000, let's say just 1000. How many of them you tried? 0. zero. ZERO!!!

"We've considered a lot of ideas but improving some aspect without hurting another is very hard." -> What you don't understand is that you right now are hurting 100% of your community. What if you try something new and you will be hurting 50% and 50% will be happy? Don't you consider that as an improvement? 50% complaining instead of 100%? Hm?

What you guys don't really understand is that your job is temporary at erepublik labs not permanent if you stick to this version of the game for a long time. You built a game where IRL rich people can show off their wallet and that's all. Nothing for the general players. And the rich wil get bored and by fact is getting bored more and more... (just think of the prices on the market when you first introduced some missions. Q7 tanks 18-20CC, they were in the sky. Now? Nothing realy changed, maybe a 0,50 CC increase for 10 hours)

Is your community shrinking? Yes

Is the leftover of your community crying? Yes

Can you keep newly registered players? No

Will erepublik be over and you guys have to find a new job in 2-3 years? Unfortunately yes

My suggestion is grow some balls, sit down, consider all the options and start making small adjustments to the system and see the reactions. YOu do some polls, watch the international articles gather some feedback and you can see immediately the effects and likeability of your changes. 

AND IF ONLY 1 PERSON (1!!!, ONE!!!) SAYS: "HEY I LIKE THIS" -> you made improvement in your game.

Good luck and have fun, cheers,

Goli

edit: I came back so you can't say I'm just opening my mouth without solution. Here's a list of my own solutions or others' that I liked so far.

Core solutions:

-bring back work skills (why does a 2 day old fake produce as much stuff as a 4 year old veteran?)

-stop manager work (why would it hurt? Because maybe the ones who were saving up for so long to get a factory can actually start making some profit instead of producing only for themselves?)

-introduce factories for gerilla equipment and improve guerilla experience (maybe 2v2 or 3v3 battles)

small adjustments:

-rethink rocket damages and production costs (2,5M damage when a BH in div 4 is 50-100M? come on...)

-rethink food recovery (1-2-3-4-5-10-15 health instead of 2-4-6-8-10-12-20 recovery)

-rethink weapons durability

Edited by Golika, 13 June 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#35 Finway Divi Filius

Finway Divi Filius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Bad lies.

1/ You only care about your own profits.

2/ Not changing the game is a good way not to lose paying people, whatever the mass of people says.

But if you were ambitious and wanted a good game, you'll try to make good changes... ;)

#36 Imoenbg1

Imoenbg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

let me get this straight....

Of all the erepublik bugs (and there are plenty) - you decided to fix the one thing that was almost decently working - apart from the early end of round bugs, the lags, the non-existent Guerilla....

And then you tell US that you cannot deliver on your promise to fix economy....Because you have no idea what it means....

Oh, boy...

#37 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

There is one simple way to get the production into borders.

Change the working limit, that everyone can work how often he wants (also second or third or ... job), BUT it will cost 100 energy instead of 10 energy.

So people have to decide work or fight.

And a second thing can be done to make Q7-Food-Factories more interesting, let them produce energy-bars.

You will see more people will try to get one.

But I think I´m not the first one telling this solution.

#38 Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Ja nisam Bosko Buha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

There is one simple way to get the production into borders.

Change the working limit, that everyone can work how often he wants (also second or third or ... job), BUT it will cost 100 energy instead of 10 energy.

So people have to decide work or fight.

And a second thing can be done to make Q7-Food-Factories more interesting, let them produce energy-bars.

You will see more people will try to get one.

But I think I´m not the first one telling this solution.

NO

Making Q7 food factories producing energy bars is retarded. They are obtainable only for VISA MASTER RACE or for 3-4years old players in D4 with already many factories...

This is not an option for fixing economy but a new way how to ruin it even more...

Edited by Ja nisam Bosko Buha, 13 June 2014 - 10:16 AM.

• bubustiuc likes this

erepublik-badge-80x15.gif

#39 Freiheitskaempfer

Freiheitskaempfer

• Moderators
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

there's no update which is not pissing off some of the players, that's pretty normal. 

things which killed the eco: removing organisations, working as manager, just 2 types of rawcompanies, no workskill, just 2 types of itemcomps, killing the national monetarymarkets.

removing work as manager is impossible?

- get organisations back into the game, let them handle those multiple companies

- offer 70% cashback for a limited time for dissolving (most of the rich players already made enough profit, sure they'll cry but they aren't losing that much + they could still use those companies on organisations)

- make it possible to work more than once a day for another person, so that the current need of items is handled

- limit the number of companies which can be used with working as manager

-> overproduction would decrease, not sure if those steps would kill overproduction completly, but not doing anything instead of at least trying is even worse.

- bring back old industries such as movingtickets or hospitals or defense systems or housecomps

everything is better than the current system.

²topic:

new battlefield is running smoothly, though i got several displaying issues on latest Chromeversion 1920*1024 px and i'm missing the function to see how much energy i'm able to recover (total numbers), the green shadow isn't enough to calculate.

• pokstasq and Ja nisam Bosko Buha like this

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

#40 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Sorry for the off-topic, what about separating Income Tax from Work Tax?

That could be a little step to improve economy, since countries would be able to exclusively tax WaM and not people working as employers(this is one of the reason for this tax to be very low worldwide).

ambassador.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users