108 replies to this topic

#61 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

I only hear good things about this new battle page from the people using it. They say it is faster and it gives a better idea about what is going on.

I hope we all can use it soon. Any news on that front?

It's nice to hear about the positive impression! :) We have heard the same, but we also received very valuable feedback about things that should be improved or added.

We've already made some improvements. For example, you can now disable some of the effects to ensure a smooth experience, if your PC isn't so great. We're still doing some of these improvements and right now I don't have an estimate for the day when it's available for everyone. Fingers crossed it's soon!

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#62 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

1mt5wxL.jpg

This bug is present on both the old and the new battle page. My Q7 damage isn't 49,049, it's 53,953. The bug applies to every Elite Citizen, because it ignores the +10% damage bonus.

+ It's crucial that there be some information about the current opponent. Ideally, there would be the number of hits needed to kill the current opponent with the equiped weapon shown, because the damage formula available on the Wiki (http://wiki.erepubli...litary_formulas) is inaccurate. It happens every day to me that the formula shows X hits and after I press the Fight button, Y hits are used.

While it may not be a big deal when the inacurracy is in the range of 1 hit, it becomes a serious problem when the calculated number is 10 and the real result is 100, which happens when our strength and weapon are much worse than the opponent's.

Edited by Zordacz, 01 July 2014 - 11:31 AM.

• Mr. Indigo and Majester like this

#63 Hxeo

Hxeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

So is here any new information?

Working on the "improvements" since almost 2 months now.

How is it going? When will we be able to see something of this feature?

When will it be released?

And PS: the video of the link in the first post is deleted. GJ on that!

#64 Balbazauras

Balbazauras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

There is one simple way to get the production into borders.

Change the working limit, that everyone can work how often he wants (also second or third or ... job), BUT it will cost 100 energy instead of 10 energy.
So people have to decide work or fight.

And a second thing can be done to make Q7-Food-Factories more interesting, let them produce energy-bars.
You will see more people will try to get one.

But I think I´m not the first one telling this solution.

Idiot

#65 Sisk

Sisk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

why would you change the design of the weapons just on battle page.. and not in all the game?!?

#66 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

why would you change the design of the weapons just on battle page.. and not in all the game?!?

As far as I know the battle page is not global, but available to few players from previous challenges. Why would the weapons need to get changed in-game if the battle page is not out to everyone?

• Novojavorivsk likes this

#67 Abutre

Abutre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

I would just like to say, that it is hard to see how much well do you still have. Maybe just a little bigger! Otherwise it is good design..i like it :)

• Tressi likes this

#68 Bogosavljev Djurica

Bogosavljev Djurica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

I got today this email from Plato:

"Hello, soldier!

We are pleased to welcome you and your Military Unit to the beta test of the new Battle Page! To access it, enter any battle and click the "New Page" button on the top right corner. If you want, you can always return to the old Battle Page by pressing the same button.

Please note that this is a work in progress: things are subject to change and we are continuously working on improving the performance. You may encounter occasional bugs, which we would like you to report by using the Contact page (please write New Battle Page in the subject line).

After playing on the new Battle Page, we would like to hear your feedback on the Forum . If you wish you can also take screenshots and write articles to engage other players in the conversation. However we are not able to track down and read all the articles published in the New World, so if you want your suggestions to be read by the dev team, the Forum and Contact page are the best choice.

Have a great week!

Kind Regards,
The eRepublik Team"

When I enter any battle, I don't have button "New Page" like you describe...

#69 Sictirus

Sictirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

I got today this email from Plato:

"Hello, soldier!

We are pleased to welcome you and your Military Unit to the beta test of the new Battle Page! To access it, enter any battle and click the "New Page" button on the top right corner. If you want, you can always return to the old Battle Page by pressing the same button.

Please note that this is a work in progress: things are subject to change and we are continuously working on improving the performance. You may encounter occasional bugs, which we would like you to report by using the Contact page (please write New Battle Page in the subject line).

After playing on the new Battle Page, we would like to hear your feedback on the Forum . If you wish you can also take screenshots and write articles to engage other players in the conversation. However we are not able to track down and read all the articles published in the New World, so if you want your suggestions to be read by the dev team, the Forum and Contact page are the best choice.

Have a great week!

Kind Regards,
The eRepublik Team"

When I enter any battle, I don't have button "New Page" like you describe...

Same problem

#70 desert hamster

desert hamster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

its pretty, but i imagine the game will fall apart whenever there is a large battle.

#71 desert hamster

desert hamster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

also, add the option to kill puppies!

#72 pierrotmon

pierrotmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

You shouldn't remove WaM option, just limit the number of food and weapon RAW companies (they are responsible for overproduction) one player can have on his profile. If you set limit to, let's say, 20 and somebody already has more than 20 food and/or weapon raw companies, don't force him to destroy the rest of his companies: just disable the option to build more. After you set the raw company cap, then bring us Q6 and Q7 houses to increase demand for food and weapons (bigger health recovery per 6 minutes means more fighting). This is the least painful thing you can do to fix economy and will definitely stop overproduction in the long run.

I know, some players will stay super rich if you do this now but you will stabilise the economy/game. Besides, those super rich players will quit the game one day, just like everyone else and those extra companies they had will dissapear with their profiles.

• vishibala likes this

#73 Alex.L

Alex.L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

Got an access to this new battlefield page one or two days ago... my first impression - so far, so good.

I like it, it looks nicer, it displays more information compared to the old design.

Useful to see amount of prestige points directly on the battlefield. Changing weapons is better and maybe a bit more informative now.

Not sure if performance (on both PC and mobile) is better but many people say it is so I guess it really is better optimised, haven't tried it that much so I can't tell it for myself.

What would I change is this - http://prntscr.com/4cljrz 

Make it all a bit bigger and easier to see (except money and prestige points, those are good as they're now). Especially that part where you can see amount of wellness left is hard to see, even harder on phones (and I fight using mobile a lot).

Every player on the battlefield is clickable (and it leads you to their profile page), only your enemy isn't (or maybe I'm missing something)... doesn't make much sense to me, I'd rather want to see who am I "fighting" than who is fighting "beside him/her".

When you're in a RW and hover with your cursor on the area where it displays MPPs in direct battles it says "No allies". Maybe change it to "Defender" and "Attacker/Resistance/Resistance force". I know battle page is slightly different if you're on Resistance/Defenders' side but still...

Finally when you click flags/region name game leads you to country/region page... but make it open in a new tab (without middle click) instead of current one.

• Petsku likes this

#74 Colt Miller

Colt Miller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

I do not like the new battle page. It is absolutely the same as the older one, beside those tanks and people on the battlefield which are ridiculous.

Other cons are lack of visibility of enemy health (how many hits to kill it) and my own health is in the top left corner which is not quite adjusted; the energy bar should be bigger and more visible.

Edited by Goran L, 18 August 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#75 TheCr3at0r

TheCr3at0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thus I might agree with Goran about icons and their quality, I generally like the new battle page. It's much faster than annoyingly slow old one and that's a big improvement. It could be great if you could make a page be fullscreen and englarge icons and details from the battlefield. When I use this page on my 23" monitor, it looks visually completely ridiculous. Have in mind that more and more people are using larger displays as time goes by and your front-end developers should be focused more on screen adaptability and fluid layouts.

#76 The5thElement

The5thElement

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is it possible for you guys to "copy" this health bar http://prntscr.com/4eyos1 and stick it here: http://prntscr.com/4eyoua ?

I mean, I`d like to see the "650/800" info, in the health bar above my tank. It is easyer to follow, when you`re fighting. You down`t have to keep looking in the upper left corner and back to centre and so on...

#77 ubod

ubod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I want new battle page :D

• Tequila and Sphinx Gizeh like this

#78 Klounas

Klounas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

It's much faster than annoyingly slow old one and that's a big improvement. It could be great if you could make a page be fullscreen and englarge icons and details from the battlefield.

Maybe you using better PC, but for me new battle page works slower up to the point, than i can say it is lagging.

#79 Majester

Majester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

On the new battle page I would like to see how many hits per weapon I have is stock to kill an opponent. Even better if each is a fight button to go from 3 clicks to 1 click.

I want to see how many kills I have done in the battle right next to the damage clock. I can live with the PP clock at the top recording my hits. Wrong place, but at least it is there.

For me the game has become about kills and not damage since its a pointless contest I cannot compete in ever. I now want to kill cheaply and efficiently (it also supports young players). I would go as far as to propose that Division I is won on kills, not damage. Keep damage for BH and CH.

I have made too many suggestions on the economy to be sucked into that tangent. The basics: it must be a closed system to have dynamic equilibrium. Payment options need to be in cc, gold and items where possible to keep it in the sweet spot (like MT). Resources need to be limited (like Gold mines) with special government actions/successes creating new resources, preferably randomly, to keep politics and alliances fluid.

#80 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

On the new battle page I would like to see how many hits per weapon I have is stock to kill an opponent. Even better if each is a fight button to go from 3 clicks to 1 click.

I want to see how many kills I have done in the battle right next to the damage clock. I can live with the PP clock at the top recording my hits. Wrong place, but at least it is there.

For me the game has become about kills and not damage since its a pointless contest I cannot compete in ever. I now want to kill cheaply and efficiently (it also supports young players). I would go as far as to propose that Division I is won on kills, not damage. Keep damage for BH and CH.

I have made too many suggestions on the economy to be sucked into that tangent. The basics: it must be a closed system to have dynamic equilibrium. Payment options need to be in cc, gold and items where possible to keep it in the sweet spot (like MT). Resources need to be limited (like Gold mines) with special government actions/successes creating new resources, preferably randomly, to keep politics and alliances fluid.

I think there's an eRep add-on you can download to see how many hits you need to get a kill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users