• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#81 Renkas

Renkas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

The new Fight button is buggy. About half of the time there's no kill when I click it. The button goes inactive as it should but no kill happens.

OS X 10.9.4

Safari 7.0.6

#82 Mongis

Mongis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hi.

So far I have very impressed with new battle page. It is much faster and much more informative.

So far did not saw any bugs 

Good work!

#83 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:24 AM

Can we get the strength of our opponents on the battlefield, like the old page?

Thanks...

• mentoris likes this

#84 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:40 AM

I was able to use it for the first time today.

Awesome! It is way faster and more informative than the previous one. Good job!

#85 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think there's an eRep add-on you can download to see how many hits you need to get a kill.

But do they work properly on the new battle-page?

And is it worth the risk of creating more bugs because of the usage of scripts(yes, this also includes "Add-On's")

For more info, look at my wikipage

#86 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

The new Fight button is buggy. About half of the time there's no kill when I click it. The button goes inactive as it should but no kill happens.

OS X 10.9.4

Safari 7.0.6

This is a general problem caused by slow servers, which often take very long to respond.

But do they work properly on the new battle-page?

And is it worth the risk of creating more bugs because of the usage of scripts(yes, this also includes "Add-On's")

A good script not only doesn't create bugs but can even fix bugs existing in the game + adds new features.

#87 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

Some comments from my first use of the new battle page:

I think it is in practice TOO heavy (especially for older browsers or slow computers or with really bad internet connection).- 

Also you should take into account that there are users that might want to have access from their smartphone.

It gets too much with all the players showing and in particular:

Too many players shown.

The different images of users are not straightforward. I want to know (easily) who is my opponent, what weapon is he using, what is his level,rank,strength and energy. (the same also for me).

The images for the weapons is not straightforward. It should be MORE clear (if I have a bazooka,a q7 etc).

Finally, my stats on the top left corner should be bigger.

I think the overall new battlepage have to be improved. You focus on all the fancy stuff and you did not pay attention to all the IMPORTANT information that should be easy to grasp with one look.

I also believe that it requires minor modification to just add them. (And ofcourse I assume that the NEW battle page should include ALL the feature of the old one. User-friendliness, Displayed- information etc).

#88 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

The new battle page has been set as default for links on the wars page. How do I calculate the number of hits I need to beat my opponent? How can I know whether it will consume 10hp or 1300hp?

• mentoris likes this

#89 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

It's all good for me.

But...(yes, a "but") it would be very helpful to be able to see how many opponents i killed.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#90 Tressi

Tressi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thus I might agree with Goran about icons and their quality, I generally like the new battle page. It's much faster than annoyingly slow old one and that's a big improvement. It could be great if you could make a page be fullscreen and englarge icons and details from the battlefield. When I use this page on my 23" monitor, it looks visually completely ridiculous. Have in mind that more and more people are using larger displays as time goes by and your front-end developers should be focused more on screen adaptability and fluid layouts.

I was going to post about this. The new Battle page looks ridiculously small on a larger/ high-resolution screen. I don't own anything lower than a 1900x1200 screen, and even on that all the texts are way too small. It's weird that someone would develop new content that doesn't scale up at all. Especially the wellness bar and current battle hero damage amount are practically unreadable.

#91 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

TBApp3I.jpg

What does the button on the right do?

#92 elbandido

elbandido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

TBApp3I.jpg

What does the button on the right do?

Select weapon.

...always watching...

#93 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

I think that the user-friendliness and usability of the UI (graphics) should be improved.

Moreover, I notice that many users ask for features (e.g., how many hit needed etc).This is a nice add-on to have (instead of finding and using add-ons on the web). 

However, I think that the first step is to have in a clear and straightforward way ALL the features of the old battle page. (clear selection of weapons, strength,rank and health of the opponent etc).

#94 Akharat

Akharat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

i don't like the new battle page because i can't see information about oponent's weapon and strenght

Edited by Akharat, 22 September 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#95 HisAirness

HisAirness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

Old one is better.

Edited by HisAirness, 23 September 2014 - 07:54 AM.

• mentoris likes this

#96 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

Additional comment: 

Over the last period the new battle page became available (at least to me and I guess to most of the citizens of eRep). However, it an optional addition and the user had to click the a button to use the new page. This was a nice move inorder to get adjusted to the new battlepage and provide feedback (Also I guess this is the first time that the new battlepage is widely open and not only for limited "testers").

As you have already noticed people post comments on the new battle page, and apart from the "I do not like it" type of comments there are other more specific / serious (bugs, availability of information, graphics, design). Which means that more or less these issues have to be addresses (or at least provide an answer here). Finally, it is expected by eRep players that the new  battle page will be BETTER than the old one. However, the new battle page has still a lot of issue (for instance, how can it be better when critical information related to battles are not displayed, of the user has to try to look for them).

Well this is not the reason I am posting this the main reason follows:

Today I noticed that the new battle page is the default selection of the battle page. I find this to be totaly unacceptable since A) You did not bother addressing (or even answering) comments B) There is still work to be done C) There was no announcement D) You had time to deploy it and not time to do other stuff. Having the new battlepage as default is annoying and I has to switch back to the old one (each time I enter a battle).

To be honest and make my self clear, I like the old one battle page more (although it need improvement) since the new battlepage has still serious drawbacks and moreover I find it to complex (nice but complex). However, I respect and understand the fact that you want to introduce a new battlepage (for lots of reasons).  Therefore, I accepted the fact that since a new UI is introduced I will have to adjust to it, and i will try (via feedback/comments etc) to make it better (at least for me).

So as you can understand, I find it at least disrespectful (if not irresponsbile) to make such a move (making the new page default) And this is by always taking into concideration what you did/didn't do with respect to this issue, and your overall attitude towards the community (policies, weekly challenges, missions etc). 

Btw, if you have issues (e.g. monetary, changing bussiness model, competition) it might be NICE to inform the citizens (instead of making crappy (for eRep citizens) desicions).

Who knows, people might SHOW their appriciation for the game an HELP. But this means that TRUST and RESPECT exists. (I guess that this is something that you are slowly "destroying with your moves"). 

Thanks a lot, an I hope that someone will answer this time.

#97 Piran

Piran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouth West UK

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

The new one has a long long way to go before it even comes close to the old one.

I blocks out messages etc on the left and gives nowhere near the amount of information of the old one (if it does, you cant see it)

Keep the old one please.

• mentoris likes this

#98 OmegWar

OmegWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBananaland

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

Some comments from my first use of the new battle page:

I think it is in practice TOO heavy (especially for older browsers or slow computers or with really bad internet connection).- 

Also you should take into account that there are users that might want to have access from their smartphone.

It gets too much with all the players showing and in particular:

Too many players shown.

The different images of users are not straightforward. I want to know (easily) who is my opponent, what weapon is he using, what is his level,rank,strength and energy. (the same also for me).

The images for the weapons is not straightforward. It should be MORE clear (if I have a bazooka,a q7 etc).

Finally, my stats on the top left corner should be bigger.

I think the overall new battlepage have to be improved. You focus on all the fancy stuff and you did not pay attention to all the IMPORTANT information that should be easy to grasp with one look.

I also believe that it requires minor modification to just add them. (And ofcourse I assume that the NEW battle page should include ALL the feature of the old one. User-friendliness, Displayed- information etc).

- If you have speed issues, there's always the old fight page available, as well as the mobile version.

- Why would you want all that useless information about your opponent? It's a dummy created by Plato, anyway.

- From what I see, the vehicles/tanks only show the players' division. Your weapon is selected as "ammo", and the tooltips are quite clear, in my opinion.

- Why would the stats be bigger? The minimalistic design is actually very cool, and fits this new version quite well. I totally support making stuff smaller and cleaner.

The stuff you mentioned is not "IMPORTANT information", but useless bloat. Yes, the new page does seem to take a better computer to process, but it gives a lot in return. Stop hating so much, if you want stuff to ever change for the better.

Me gusta real-time fight page, reminds me of the wall and hype in V1.

Edited by OmegWar, 24 September 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#99 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

- If you have speed issues, there's always the old fight page available, as well as the mobile version.

- Why would you want all that useless information about your opponent? It's a dummy created by Plato, anyway.

- From what I see, the vehicles/tanks only show the players' division. Your weapon is selected as "ammo", and the tooltips are quite clear, in my opinion.

- Why would the stats be bigger? The minimalistic design is actually very cool, and fits this new version quite well. I totally support making stuff smaller and cleaner.

The stuff you mentioned is not "IMPORTANT information", but useless bloat. Yes, the new page does seem to take a better computer to process, but it gives a lot in return. Stop hating so much, if you want stuff to ever change for the better.

Me gusta real-time fight page, reminds me of the wall and hype in V1.

-Switch to the old interface is not a permanent solution for me (it could be if eRep keeps it as an alternative). Also, the new battlepage is now default and not so "ready". The mobile version it out of the discussion when it goes ordinary pc/laptops. 

-I would like to have information about my opponent. But why are they useless? Are the rank, strength, firearm used Useless? I do not think so. (The level could be, but still I think that it provides some information).

- For the vehicles etc. I think that it was not clear because a better description of the new page should be provided to all the players.  This will improve the understanding of the new UI without changes. Maybe some small improvement of how they are displayed on the screen (and be available with just looking the screen). 

- On which tooltips are referring to? If you mean on mouse over tooltip then i can not reproduce them. If you mean the buttons with the small panels, yes it is fine. However, I believe that the new images for the ammo are a bit confusing (taking into account the other images for instance in the market place).

-The whole look and feel of the UI is a completely subjective issue. HOWEVER, since we are talking about a NEW battlepage (which is also  under development) which will be for EVERYONE then different opinions should be expressed (and improvements should be made). I can understand your claim about making more clear etc. I just believe that it should be a bit more clear, and maybe a bit bigger. Not as big as the one in the old page, but sometime increasing just a bit the size (of the box and the fonts) makes a BIG difference.

The stuff I mentioned in my view are quite important, but still this is a subjective issue. I just believe that necessary info from the old battlepage should be present in the new one (and weapons,strength and rank are not useless....).

Also about the minimalistic design. Are you kidding me? It is smoother, with smaller UI modules etc and it seems better than the old one. But it is not minimalistic when you have all this animation, all the other info (with some repetition). For instance the user rankings... However, it misses information as I said...

The old interface was far more simple, compact and minimalistic. HOWEVER, it was ugly and not well designed (however it was not as wide as the new one)..

I want stuff to get better and that why I express my opinion... What I just say is that some small graphical improvements are needed to make things more clear and easier to grasp with a quick look. Moreover, some additional information (which are related to the damage/hits needed etc) need to be added. 

#100 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Not everyone can fight with Q7s all the time. It's good to know what weapon your opponent is using and what their strength is so you can bare hand fight easy opponents and save your weapons for stronger opponents.

Before I had enough money to fight with Q7s regularly, I fight barehanded in 90% of my fights. I only used 2-3 Q7s daily.

• mentoris likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users