•     

Photo

Balancing Divisions

divisions strength

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Balancing Divisions

Do you like this idea ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mart Klaar

Mart Klaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

I wrote this idea in another topic comments but will lay it here as different topic aswell. To see how people react to this idea.

To balance out divisions and to close the huge strength caps in divisions give people more xp according to the strength they have. Etc fighters with 0-10 k strength in div 1 will get 1 xp per 10 energy spent on fighting but guys with 10-20k strength will get 2 xp per 10 energy spent on fighting and so on. Same in other divisions. This would give people that just train an advantage but nor for long (if they start to fight they will move to another division faster). The numbers i gave are just and example they should be calculated and tested to balance things out. But in the end i think that it would balance out the strength caps in divisions and give new players also a shot at more equal fighting. 

Let me know what you think about it.

Edited by Mart Klaar, 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Predator.Q7

Predator.Q7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

good idea :))) 

#3 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

The problem is that at the end you just make people move faster to higher divisions, and finally there will be insane strength differences between players in D3-D4.

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#4 Mart Klaar

Mart Klaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

The problem is that at the end you just make people move faster to higher divisions, and finally there will be insane strength differences between players in D3-D4.

This could be dealt with adding Divisions etc.

#5 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

This could be dealt with adding Divisions etc.

Adding new divisions will be resulted with changes in the whole military module and I am not sure Plato is ready to do that :P

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#6 Mart Klaar

Mart Klaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Adding new divisions will be resulted with changes in the whole military module and I am not sure Plato is ready to do that :P

That may very well be true. And i am not very sure that this thread will get anywhere further than this forum :) 

I wrote it anyway - you never know hehe. And you said there would be huge cap in div 4. At the moment we have big caps in every div basicly. There is no easy way to fix it or make it better. But i think it is possible to change it so most of the people would be ok with it and new players would stick around longer than a day or two. 

There are options like military ranks in addition to my original idea. Of course it would need some calculating and testing different scenarios but should be possible to make them work together so the game quality would improve in prgoress :) 

It may just be that I am very optimistic about this but hey, I was taught that way - no point of complaining unless you can offer a way to make things better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: divisions, strength

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users