• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Voltini

Voltini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Many MU's do not have the possibility to pay 10cc per M, if you lower to 1cc the limit many more CO's will be available in many battles making the game more interesting.

THx

• Steveeven likes this

#2 Steveeven

Steveeven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yes, I think it's a good idea.  Not only does it provide more flexibility for MU's, eventually when players get more strength, 10cc will be too much.

In order to be a realist you must believe in miracles.  –David Ben-Gurion

#3 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Also the minimal wall threshold for Combat Orders should be 50%. Sometimes there are troll-COs with exorbitant rewards but impossible thresholds, like >42%.

• Rusto likes this

#4 Fosite

Fosite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Many MU's do not have the possibility to pay 10cc per M, if you lower to 1cc the limit many more CO's will be available in many battles making the game more interesting.

THx

1cc for a million damage? you do realize that the point of CO's is to attract people to join a battle on the side of a CO cause it can earn them money, people do not join a battle for the CO if it is going to cost them allot more than they get back from it. 
And if your concern is cause you made a MU or joined one that doesn't have the finical resources to putt up decent CO's, here is a idea join one that has such ability. Your suggestion to limit it to just 1cc is even worse than just suggesting to remove the CO system all together.

Yes, I think it's a good idea.  Not only does it provide more flexibility for MU's, eventually when players get more strength, 10cc will be too much.

What the hell are you talking about? I have almost 70k strength and have god of war*** rank and with a booster it still almost costs me a entire Q7 to do a mil damage, why in gods name would i do damage in a fight for a CO that pays me less than it is costing me? Not to talk about possible travel costs.
And how does it provide flexibility when you make it more limiting? 

If you 2 are so Sure 1CC CO's are great than why not just do it with your own MU, and see how many people will actually go for it.

Also the minimal wall threshold for Combat Orders should be 50%. Sometimes there are troll-COs with exorbitant rewards but impossible thresholds, like >42%.

While i agree to your point, that "troll" CO's are annoying, but if you go to the Military campaigns tab. Than you can hold your mouse above a CO and check how much is paid ,how big the budget is and how high the wall needs to be. No reason to limit it, people just need to check before hand.

#5 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

The combat orders feature is a way to attract fighters. Players who are looking for profit need well paid combat order to earn. As long as the expenses (weapons, food and guerrilla items sometimes) are bigger than the earnings, I don't see why someone should fight with a combat order. I support the idea of limitation, but 1 CC would kill the feature. Maybe there should be a limit as 50 CC in D4 and 75 CC in D3. But not many support this so don't even try ...

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#6 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

While i agree to your point, that "troll" CO's are annoying, but if you go to the Military campaigns tab. Than you can hold your mouse above a CO and check how much is paid ,how big the budget is and how high the wall needs to be. No reason to limit it, people just need to check before hand.

No reason to allow troll commanders to create such traps. They contradict the idea of combat orders.

#7 Steveeven

Steveeven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

What the hell are you talking about? I have almost 70k strength and have god of war*** rank and with a booster it still almost costs me a entire Q7 to do a mil damage, why in gods name would i do damage in a fight for a CO that pays me less than it is costing me? Not to talk about possible travel costs.

Fosite, I can see that if the payment of the combat order is too low, it will cost more to fight than what the CO gives.  What I meant is, eventually, when players have like 150k or 200k strength, if this game continues in its current course, players generally will deal more damage while using less food and weapons.  This means players will be able to deal more damage while spending less cc’s.  Consequently, the CO’s will generally decrease.  If the minimum amount of CO’s were then still set at 10cc, it may be too much by then.  I know it would take a long time for players to reach that level, but, the longer this game continues, generally, players will increase in strength.

Citizens also fight for different reasons.  Some players, at times, fight purely for profit.  They fight only if the CO more than covers the cost of fighting.  However, other players also factor in other priorities, such as the priorities of the alliance.  These players fight even if it costs more for them than what they gain from CO’s, or no CO’s.

And how does it provide flexibility when you make it more limiting? 

If you 2 are so Sure 1CC CO's are great than why not just do it with your own MU, and see how many people will actually go for it.

Expanding the cc limit from 10cc to 1cc doesn’t make it more limiting.  Military commanders can still choose to set the combat orders at 10cc, 1cc, 5cc, or 50cc.  It gives them more choice.  By taking the cc limit out, the free market or supply and demand more freely decides if the CO is too low or not.  Obviously, if the CO is too low, less players will fight for that CO.  

Edited by Steveeven, 12 July 2014 - 01:51 AM.

In order to be a realist you must believe in miracles.  –David Ben-Gurion

#8 Voltini

Voltini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

I have been a commander of an MU since the start of the CO's, and back then you could add CO's with 1cc per M and it was amazing how many players went to fight for 1cc per M. Many came. 

When you say that people wont fight for 1cc per M you are absolutely wrong because that is not what happened. The reason why they do? Its simple because active CO's are very hard to find so people fight for 1cc if there is no where else that pays more because its better to recieve 1cc per M than nothing. This is proved because I experimented at the start.

But after 2 weeks the admins removed the 1cc CO's, Dont know why but i believe it was because it could be too hard on server too many CO's

Anyway most likely they will implement 1cc CO's when the damage done gets too high

#9 Fosite

Fosite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Now see this is the point that wasn't clear to me, either cause i miss read or it just isn't clear enough written. But i was understanding from it you guys wanted to have the CO maximum at 1CC, not that you wanted it as a minimum, i wasn't even aware there was a minimum of at least 10cc. So despite still disagreeing with you 2 on some details the main part of having a minimum of 1CC for CO's sound's fine to me no idea why it isn't already.

#10 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

1 CC as minimum is way too less.

What is being reached is not attrakting fighters to sell their damage, but getting an optical feature s6iy4el2n3e.png

almost for free to attract people fighting there.

The problem is that fighters cannot differenciate between these "spam" offers and real offers worth it to sell their damage there.

With the current top strength in D4, 10CC is a good minimum.

It's hardly not enough to pay food and weapons, but still worth it to use a moving ticket

and get some CC back while fighting for rank & prestige points

When the damage is increased to like 250k per hit, it's time to think about lowering the limit to 5CC per M.

Edit:

The Combat order is in competiotion with the FF Medal btw.

With FF medal you will earn in average 3CC per kill you make. (average: 325 Kills per FF Medal)

Because of this, a combat order has to pay at least 15CC (to me - for people with lower damage even more)

to be worth it to fight there.

And in RWs that will surely be won (those you fight in for FF), no MU will make a CO.

If so, the domination limit will be exceeded permanently.

Edited by Marcel the Great, 14 July 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users