• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Auk Rest

Auk Rest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Some of you people honestly don't understand how awful it is to be in a country that has been wiped for many months. I agree with this idea 100% "fight for it" you say, well that's hard when your occupied country is 30 ranks below your occupier and they refuse to come to the table and deal with you.

#22 J.Canuck

J.Canuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Solution: Quit the game - IRL there is a reason to fight on against impossible odds - in the world of games you knock the game board across the room and you go find something better to do - have fun occupying empty countries

#23 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Some of you people honestly don't understand how awful it is to be in a country that has been wiped for many months. I agree with this idea 100% "fight for it" you say, well that's hard when your occupied country is 30 ranks below your occupier and they refuse to come to the table and deal with you.

I think that making treaty with your agressor would be best solution, I'm sure they'd go for it, and if you won't break it, they'll not demand any money.

#24 Custo7

Custo7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

don't forget that some countries want to be wiped to have no congress and to save their treasury by that.

#25 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

They shouldn't have equal to their original regions maybe half of the minimum.

agreed 

#26 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think that making treaty with your agressor would be best solution, I'm sure they'd go for it, and if you won't break it, they'll not demand any money.

that is not doable all the time , take Spain for example , talking to them is like talking to a 4 year old child ! 

• Auk Rest and Lordjas like this

#27 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Change taxation of what, of which terretories? Ones, which belong to other country? Law to transfer funds is the only acceptable one(the funds are "hidden" from the agressor so he can't take them, and gov should have an option to take 'em out to fight for freedom).

normally taxes are applied to a country and not to a region, in this case change of taxation will be applied to the occupied country 

#28 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

normally taxes are applied to a country and not to a region, in this case change of taxation will be applied to the occupied country 

Read what I write, please. Country takes taxes from people who live in their terretories, so if country gotta no terretories, they don't take taxes, so they shouldn't be able to change them, simple.

#29 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

my ecountry has been wiped out for almost half of year, no congress at all, we got no freedom, I want to go back to my country but im stuck since no congress...how horrible and awful. experience it first, then you will know how painful it is..even RW, no hope. Agree with your statement.

• Maxwell Wolf and Teammensch like this

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#30 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Read what I write, please. Country takes taxes from people who live in their terretories, so if country gotta no terretories, they don't take taxes, so they shouldn't be able to change them, simple.

sorry but you got it wrong, country take taxes from it's citizens regardless of where they live.. right now I'm in Spain but my worker tax goes to the eUS , proof is that i'm paying out eUS Worker Tax rate of 25% and not 1% that of Spain 

#31 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

sorry but you got it wrong, country take taxes from it's citizens regardless of where they live.. right now I'm in Spain but my worker tax goes to the eUS , proof is that i'm paying out eUS Worker Tax rate of 25% and not 1% that of Spain 

Ah, you meant the new tax. Huh, funny, I can agree that countries who are wiped for years could use these new features, but US is powerful enough to RW whole country, so in your case changing of taxes or donating should be impossible. But, but, that's the idea - maybe that "wiped" congress should appear every 3 months country is wiped in row? But still, what about countries who don't want to have congress? Eventually I'd leave it as it is, as I can see that main reason why this topic was formed is because US got wiped by Poland and can't change Worker Tax. Funny and objective!

#32 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ah, you meant the new tax. Huh, funny, I can agree that countries who are wiped for years could use these new features, but US is powerful enough to RW whole country, so in your case changing of taxes or donating should be impossible. But, but, that's the idea - maybe that "wiped" congress should appear every 3 months country is wiped in row? But still, what about countries who don't want to have congress? Eventually I'd leave it as it is, as I can see that main reason why this topic was formed is because US got wiped by Poland and can't change Worker Tax. Funny and objective!

yes the eUS can free itself and it will , however I'm Canadian , Canada had been occupied for over six months now , population dropped by 1000 players and so many players are quitting 

#33 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

yes the eUS can free itself and it will , however I'm Canadian , Canada had been occupied for over six months now , population dropped by 1000 players and so many players are quitting 

Oh, well, Canada's in a little bigger troubles. Still, I think that you can talk to your agressor and get some treaty. That's sad that some countries are occupied for so long, but that's the point of the game, so I guess that unless resources are given to each region, it won't change.

#34 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh, well, Canada's in a little bigger troubles. Still, I think that you can talk to your agressor and get some treaty. That's sad that some countries are occupied for so long, but that's the point of the game, so I guess that unless resources are given to each region, it won't change.

then where is the fun? loser will be loser, winner will be winner all the time, the loser is not given any opportunity at all, at least or worst case, just give the congress election to run. There will no big impact to the ruling country i think

Profile Link

#35 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

then where is the fun? loser will be loser, winner will be winner all the time, the loser is not given any opportunity at all, at least or worst case, just give the congress election to run. There will no big impact to the ruling country i think

You can make babyboom, or try to change alliance(the diplomacy can do miracles, believe me!). Also, you can wait for better times, but small countries are small, so it'd be weird if they were stronger than big countries :P

#36 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

You can make babyboom, or try to change alliance(the diplomacy can do miracles, believe me!). Also, you can wait for better times, but small countries are small, so it'd be weird if they were stronger than big countries :P

eserbia is smaller than eUSA, but eUSA almost wiped out by eserbia..even RW

Profile Link

#37 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

eserbia is smaller than eUSA, but eUSA almost wiped out by eserbia..even RW

By saying that country is small, I don't mean the terretory, but the power.

#38 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

By saying that country is small, I don't mean the terretory, but the power.

yup, from a small country becoming a powerful country, isnt that wierd?the territory is gained from war.. a small country is strong

Profile Link

#39 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

yup, from a small country becoming a powerful country, isnt that wierd?the territory is gained from war.. a small country is strong

Small country irl =/= small country in game. We're playing erepublik, and only that matters.

#40 wars 7

wars 7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

What if a country is PTO'd and gets wiped to avoid the PTO'ers bringing in more PTO'ers/messing up its economy/stealing its money/embargoing everyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users