67 replies to this topic

#41 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

You will see after wiped countrys get congress then they will cry for bonuses....you know its unfair that they dont have 100% bonuses ....so give them off-map 100%!

#42 Lordjas

Lordjas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

a lot of you are missing the point that how can a small country survive if congress cant change taxes and that would make new players quit faster because they will get frustrated and have no money!

• Maxwell Wolf likes this

#43 FuzzX

FuzzX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Never

#44 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

a lot of you are missing the point that how can a small country survive if congress cant change taxes and that would make new players quit faster because they will get frustrated and have no money!

Thats an excuse if a player dont interested in this game he wont stay because he pays 1% of tax instead of 25%....

Small countries should make a babyboom if they are incapable for that--> make deal to get a region back--> if you cant even do that ...sorry you need to live without congress

#45 candymanson

candymanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Solution: Quit the game - IRL there is a reason to fight on against impossible odds - in the world of games you knock the game board across the room and you go find something better to do - have fun occupying empty countries

WOAH! You're a genius! What if occupation actually meant a profit for invaders, and the bigger the occupated country (in terms of population) the bigger the profit? So conquering small countries wouldn't be profitable, and that would balance things out. What do you think?

#46 fayola

fayola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

This is a serious issue, a few countries are basically hostage without a congress. But I also see how that situation can motivate players to retaliate and gain back their regions. 

Good luck to all countries without a congress. We deserve a congress!!!

Edited by fayola, 13 August 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#47 Senor Spielbergo

Senor Spielbergo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

Wow, I can't figure out if half the people in this thread are mean-spirited trolls or just schoolyard bullies/idiots (such as people saying "well, you should just make an treaty with another country - if you can't, too bad); not to mention that most of these people are from ecountries that are currently "winning".  It's easy to beat up on small countries, but it's not fun for the little guys.  It's a game, and if people don't have fun, they will leave.  This means fewer people to buy gold, and the game makes less $$ for the developers.  Simple.

• Maxwell Wolf and J.Canuck like this

#48 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Wow, I can't figure out if half the people in this thread are mean-spirited trolls or just schoolyard bullies/idiots (such as people saying "well, you should just make an treaty with another country - if you can't, too bad); not to mention that most of these people are from ecountries that are currently "winning".  It's easy to beat up on small countries, but it's not fun for the little guys.  It's a game, and if people don't have fun, they will leave.  This means fewer people to buy gold, and the game makes less $$ for the developers.  Simple.

Its even easier to complain that you cant do anything against stronger country.

You need to realize its your fault:

-You fail to create babyboom

-You fail to reach an agreement

-You fail to organize successfull resistance

Small country belongs to stronger one its natural. If you dont like it work harder instead of crying for nonsense rule changes,in RL wiped country dont even have president so be thankful for small country favorism here,its already almost too much.

And about your argument--> if stronger country prevented to wipe 10-50 player based small countrys then your small circle of people might be happy but 1000 of players from stronger ones wont

So 50 lazy player happy who couldnt even made babyboom vs 10000 of players who worked hard to achieve babybooms etc

In the end you want smaller country to get insane unrealistic bonuses and also reduce the being wiped status cosmetical.....

Also we arent stupid,if rules made so to wipe countrys we wont....

However that also means less war...less gold buying etc more people bored because wiping a country would be meaningless

In short your idea horrible. This never will be implented not only for the sake of the gmae future but for realistic purposes too.

• Luke Braferd likes this

#49 EvilKanuk

EvilKanuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

that is not doable all the time , take Spain for example , talking to them is like talking to a 4 year old child ! 

Well, when your country screws the pooch like THIS in real life, you kinda get a little whiney.

#50 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I joined the game a few days before my country(eUK) got attacked by 3 countries and eventually wiped for about 4 months. We came out of the wipe when we could work together to do enough damage. We made a treaty with one country and kicked out another. The most fun part of the military module in my opinion is trying to come out of a wipe.

Also, players will buy more gold since they want to do more damage to get out of a wipe, and because the government can't transfer money. Developers wont be happy when everyone doesn't need to buy gold because the government can transfer it all out.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#51 Yfke van de Zand

Yfke van de Zand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think it is in the interest of most who like eRep as a GAME (except those who play to vent for RL frustrations, especially prejudicial ones) to expand the number of active players, making the community grow. 

If you want to invite someone to play the game, but the country has no Congress, and there isn't much to be realistically done, then people will get bored. I see that with eNetherlands. Players leave to other countries, and what not.

I say - let a small Congress - 10 people - exist for every country. 50 Gold is irrelevant on the current state of affairs, anyone who pretends that 50 Gold can mount some successful RW is really out of his mind: it will only pay for the fee or starting it.

#52 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

I think it is in the interest of most who like eRep as a GAME (except those who play to vent for RL frustrations, especially prejudicial ones) to expand the number of active players, making the community grow. 

If you want to invite someone to play the game, but the country has no Congress, and there isn't much to be realistically done, then people will get bored. I see that with eNetherlands. Players leave to other countries, and what not.

I say - let a small Congress - 10 people - exist for every country. 50 Gold is irrelevant on the current state of affairs, anyone who pretends that 50 Gold can mount some successful RW is really out of his mind: it will only pay for the fee or starting it.

LoL then whats next?

I already see in the future

Crying poster:"New player leave the country and bored because he cant earn that much like the bigger countrys,so proposing s small 60%-60% bonus for wiped countries"

Crying poster yet again:" Okay we have congress and resource bonus now,but still not good enough,our new players bored because we cant overcome bigger countries,I think small bonus of 1 billion influence per round would come handy"

And so being wiped wont give anymore disadvantage.

Wiped countries will have presidents and congress and even bonuses!

In the new erepublik the rules defined by 30-50 Canadian players along with 11 Player from Pakistan,6 from Japan and 16 from others.

Being wiped only makes the country disapper from the map,otherwise the country function the same way.

Since not worth anymore to wipe countries,world peace broke out,nobody buys gold and there is no war because pointless since you cant take congress from deleted countries anymore also they even keep the bonus you took them,bigger country sharing with smaller ones !

Is this the future we want for erepublik?

NO,down with the unrealistic changes proposed to favour for small countries!

Erepublik should mirror RL and its not supposed to follow fairy tale rules.

#53 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

@

Shiina Sayane

please do not keep comparing real life to a game. This is a game, and as a player I want everyone, regardless of eNation, to have a chance at playing this game.. what we are trying to do is to keep communities alive , thats what make the game interesting.. 

you have a worker tax number that has repalced an income tax number, these two are different in effect and to just exchange the two just like that regardless of political status of that country is just not fair

#54 J.Canuck

J.Canuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, it seems like they only care that its not them - most of us have played enough games to realize that to keep a game going both sides need to have a decent chance at success.  Right now things are too skewed against smaller, wiped non-TWO countries.  Picture a scene where a large male athlete is playing North American football with a bunch of 6 year olds and he is playing all out full contact and smashing the kids around and then celebrating his total dominance like he's actually accomplished something.  When the crying and bloody nosed kids begin to complain he comically berates them for not putting out a full effort like he does.  Welcome to eRepublik!

#55 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

@

Shiina Sayane

please do not keep comparing real life to a game. This is a game, and as a player I want everyone, regardless of eNation, to have a chance at playing this game.. what we are trying to do is to keep communities alive , thats what make the game interesting.. 

you have a worker tax number that has repalced an income tax number, these two are different in effect and to just exchange the two just like that regardless of political status of that country is just not fair

Erepublik based on RL so its okay to compare to it.

Not to mention that your proposal would make the game boring for the most of players

I understand that whole eCanada would be happy with the change which no more than 50 player.

Its not rocket science the figure out there is no way that 50 player opinion worth more than thousan of players from big country.

Also you do nothing.

You fail to make a canadian babyboom

You fail to reach agreement with eSpain

You fail at diplomacy when choosen allies and enemys

You fail at military operations,cant liberate your country.

If you are lazy and incapable to make a babyboom you must suffer,your small country belongs to stronger power its natural.

You have chance to change but dont want to make any kind of effort.

Without effort there is no result.

Asking for rules immunity wont help you just like small countries in RL asking for help against most of time wont help,this the same situation.

So the chances are the same,are u willing to try or keep asking nonsense change?

Do as you wish

But remember there is no way that this will be implented

The reasons yet again:

1,Bigger country losing the motivation to fight

2,The community with much player will quit because of boredom because small countries invulnerability.(president,congress like nothing happened)

3,Erepublik loses players and loses the gold buyers income.

#56 EvilKanuk

EvilKanuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to respond, but damned if anything you wrote actually makes sense...

If you wanted it to be more "realistic", although lets face it, the only thing realistic here is the money people keep feeding the devs, which will slowly dwindle as people leave smaller countries that are wiped (F2P NEED casuals to survive), then occupied countries become non-existent, and the population should be considered part of the occupying country. Taxes, production bonuses, etc. for all those citizens would switch over to that of the occupier, so those of us with Canadian citizenship should now be getting those bonuses as well. Although occupied areas tend to drain resources, money, and goodwill, so current Spaniards should be seeing a drop in productivity and resource bonuses soon.

Occupied regions sometimes also get to have their own central government, under direction of the occupying country, so that should be built in as well....now that I think on it, a lot of things happen in real life that aren't in the game...fancy that.

Maybe this IS just a game and we should look at some changes to keep people playing, instead of driving out and keeping people away. There isn't any laziness about it; people play a game for enjoyment, and the current state of the game is, to put it mildly, boring and un-enjoyable for the majority. And if you are new? Might as well pack up and leave now.

#57 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to respond, but damned if anything you wrote actually makes sense...

If you wanted it to be more "realistic", although lets face it, the only thing realistic here is the money people keep feeding the devs, which will slowly dwindle as people leave smaller countries that are wiped (F2P NEED casuals to survive), then occupied countries become non-existent, and the population should be considered part of the occupying country. Taxes, production bonuses, etc. for all those citizens would switch over to that of the occupier, so those of us with Canadian citizenship should now be getting those bonuses as well. Although occupied areas tend to drain resources, money, and goodwill, so current Spaniards should be seeing a drop in productivity and resource bonuses soon.

Occupied regions sometimes also get to have their own central government, under direction of the occupying country, so that should be built in as well....now that I think on it, a lot of things happen in real life that aren't in the game...fancy that.

Maybe this IS just a game and we should look at some changes to keep people playing, instead of driving out and keeping people away. There isn't any laziness about it; people play a game for enjoyment, and the current state of the game is, to put it mildly, boring and un-enjoyable for the majority. And if you are new? Might as well pack up and leave now.

So you gaining congress while still not on the map will make the game exciting?

I think eSpain having fun keeping you wiped and as far as I know they have way more player than eCanada.

So the majority happy,while you with your 10 canadian player bored because cant play sandbox taking of congress medals every month.

You fail to understand Erepublik made so that making babyboom worthwhile...Sure they could make so that eCountry run by 10 player be equal to 1000 player country,but wont happen. 

Once again you propose that wiping the country shouldnt give any disadvantage to wiped country.

So while should they attack you then?

Dont you think that making wars pointless would have bad effects on gold sales?

#58 crougier

crougier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

So now I make 1 dollar a day because of this work tax. And my country is wiped so no one can even use that money. So I can't travel to fight because I have no money so I can't complete DO. Now I can't get advantages to help liberate my country. 

Screw this. I am going to quit pretty soon as there seems to be no point to this game unless you are part of one of the big countries. 

#59 EvilKanuk

EvilKanuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

So you gaining congress while still not on the map will make the game exciting?

I think eSpain having fun keeping you wiped and as far as I know they have way more player than eCanada.

So the majority happy,while you with your 10 canadian player bored because cant play sandbox taking of congress medals every month.

You fail to understand Erepublik made so that making babyboom worthwhile...Sure they could make so that eCountry run by 10 player be equal to 1000 player country,but wont happen. 

Once again you propose that wiping the country shouldnt give any disadvantage to wiped country.

So while should they attack you then?

Dont you think that making wars pointless would have bad effects on gold sales?

My...eyes....

When you are done setting up logical fallacies and correctly address the central idea to my (and others) post, then we'll talk.

#60 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

So now I make 1 dollar a day because of this work tax. And my country is wiped so no one can even use that money. So I can't travel to fight because I have no money so I can't complete DO. Now I can't get advantages to help liberate my country. 

Screw this. I am going to quit pretty soon as there seems to be no point to this game unless you are part of one of the big countries. 

hang in there , things might change for the better , sent stuff , cheers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users