#1 MrConway

MrConway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Markets are just controlled by the big gold buyer whose bought several factories and can produce more Q7 weapons as a manager and cheaper than one who has only one factory and a few employees.

Just an idea that admins implemented a limit on the amount of factories you work in as a manager?

Also what is peoples opinions on adding back in Work Skill levels?

*****Éire Abú*****

#2 FreeGigi

FreeGigi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Am i the only one ? who would preffer this to be taken out ? 

This work as a manager is why people do WRM like crazy  :)

Edited by FreeGigi, 12 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

a0e6pv.png

^SpitFire

#3 Divus Bean

Divus Bean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Am i the only one ? who would preffer this to be taken out ? 

This work as a manager is why people do WAM like crazy :)

If WAM is removed, lower quality companies need to be removed too.

Markets are just controlled by the big gold buyer whose bought several factories and can produce more Q7 weapons as a manager and cheaper than one who has only one factory and a few employees.

Just an idea that admins implemented a limit on the amount of factories you work in as a manager?

Also what is peoples opinions on adding back in Work Skill levels?

Work skill level was a problem for new players.

The problem is the gold. It should be impossible to buy gold, the premium accounts should have some other benefits.

Edited by Divus Bean, 12 August 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#4 FreeGigi

FreeGigi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

The firms can stay the higher WRM ones are profitable but the work as manager must go , imo.

a0e6pv.png

^SpitFire

#5 Al Punk

Al Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

The firms can stay the higher WRM ones are profitable but the work as manager must go , imo.

Work as a manager!?

e65.gif

Edited by Al Punk, 12 August 2013 - 12:26 PM.

• KlRA likes this

Forum Spam Coming!
Write "Agree" on this suggestion: http://forum.erepubl...ance-war-bonus/
-> Barney Stinson Agrees! http://i3.kym-cdn.co...05724019303.gif

#6 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Work as a manager!?

e65.gif

funny hehehe...

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#7 FreeGigi

FreeGigi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

You need a new avatar my friend (Al Punk) you bring too much warm weather with that one

a0e6pv.png

^SpitFire

#8 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Limiting this feature will decrease the raw production, which in turn will increase raw prices, which in turn will increase food and weapon prices, which in turn will make it even harder for new players.

#9 candymanson

candymanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Bring back work skills!

#10 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCrisana-Maramures Border

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

By my calculations regarding the current value of the gold the most profitable company is the alluminium factory, 3 companies (30 gold) yelding with 50% more rm than 1 company of 35 gold and you still get 5 gold in your account and gain daily 4 extra XP.
Thus I'm against removing work as manager but I'm for restricting the number of companies in wich you can work as a manger.

#11 Technician

Technician

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I swear most people that think this is good do not own weapons or RM companies.

If they did they would remember all the gold they spend building the companies, how the eRepublk encourged us to build these complanies.

So I spent hundreds of dollars, then they will say too bad for you?

#12 MrConway

MrConway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Limiting this feature will decrease the raw production, which in turn will increase raw prices, which in turn will increase food and weapon prices, which in turn will make it even harder for new players.

Which in turn means countries will need to spend greater money and organize better to help new players?

More challenges and strategies nations will have to face. Just like old times, new players will have to use cheaper/lower quality weapons to fight unless State intervention. So more activity and work for governments and increase in sales of lower quality weapons.

I can live with that!

• berni007 likes this

*****Éire Abú*****

#13 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

People complain about economy, that it is not real. So your solution is to limit in how many companies you can work, but not how many times you can fight? How realistic, really. The economy is not broken, I know all people would like to earn 10000 gold in a week, but it takes time, and without buying gold you also can get a lot of it, but it requires TIME and eMONEY. If you spend gold on training, you're stronger, so you need to spend also money in economy, to get more money from companies. Simple, but not if you spend all money on training and complain about economy being broken.

• Shapoor Reporter likes this

#14 FreeGigi

FreeGigi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I had about 200 WRM firms , but the work as manager is why is the overproduction in erep , and something needs to be tweaked atleast with this feature.

Edited by FreeGigi, 12 August 2013 - 02:54 PM.

a0e6pv.png

^SpitFire

#15 MrConway

MrConway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

People complain about economy, that it is not real. So your solution is to limit in how many companies you can work, but not how many times you can fight? How realistic, really. The economy is not broken, I know all people would like to earn 10000 gold in a week, but it takes time, and without buying gold you also can get a lot of it, but it requires TIME and eMONEY. If you spend gold on training, you're stronger, so you need to spend also money in economy, to get more money from companies. Simple, but not if you spend all money on training and complain about economy being broken.

Yes it takes time and money but its not fair on those who put the time in. Someone who buys gold can build 5 Q7 factories in ten minutes. Someone can spend a whole year saving to buy one. The guy with 5 Q7 factories can work as manager in his 100 WRM factories and 5 Q7 factories and be able to completely undercut the guy who only owns one Q7 and buys in most of his WRM. How is that fair?

Edited by MrConway, 12 August 2013 - 03:02 PM.

*****Éire Abú*****

#16 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

@UP

If that person spent 1000 euro on the game, it is fair, believe me. He needed to work for that money which he bought in real life, also that's life my friend, but in this game at least you can get some money without buying it for real $, but you simply need to be patient. It's like in all games - pay, or get patient.

#17 DragoonXRyu

DragoonXRyu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

@UP

If that person spent 1000 euro on the game, it is fair, believe me. He needed to work for that money which he bought in real life, also that's life my friend, but in this game at least you can get some money without buying it for real $, but you simply need to be patient. It's like in all games - pay, or get patient.

I think people feel that gold buyers are sort of cheating is because there's no way for players to trade time & effort for progress. There's only trade RL money for progress.

There's not much satisfaction in "I'm strong/rich because I've logged in consistently over x months to click on the work + train buttons" compared with "I'm strong/rich because I've regularly logged in, worked, trained and did all these extra things". People can be proud that they put in the hours for their achievements.

Given enough other things we can do to progress, the game becomes more fun and the community would have a lot more things to discuss than politics + wars.

#18 PyrrusOfEpirus

PyrrusOfEpirus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPodgorica

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would add work skill and delete work as manager option.. work as manager killed this game..

um5y.png

#19 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think people feel that gold buyers are sort of cheating is because there's no way for players to trade time & effort for progress. There's only trade RL money for progress.

There's not much satisfaction in "I'm strong/rich because I've logged in consistently over x months to click on the work + train buttons" compared with "I'm strong/rich because I've regularly logged in, worked, trained and did all these extra things". People can be proud that they put in the hours for their achievements.

Given enough other things we can do to progress, the game becomes more fun and the community would have a lot more things to discuss than politics + wars.

Remember, that this game should never become one of these, which requires being near the computer like all the time. I like the way it is now - I can 2click and I don't loose anything. If I want to get more from the game - I go to the IRC and discuss the future of my country, I can become congressman, president, MoD, and so on. That's the beauty of eRepublik - in game you don't need to do anything, but to get something more from the politics, then you need to work hard on IRC.

#20 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

By my calculations regarding the current value of the gold the most profitable company is the alluminium factory, 3 companies (30 gold) yelding with 50% more rm than 1 company of 35 gold and you still get 5 gold in your account and gain daily 4 extra XP.
Thus I'm against removing work as manager but I'm for restricting the number of companies in wich you can work as a manger.

what about wam tax? have you considered it ? :)

I am bound by rationality !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users