#1 NarcissusMonk

NarcissusMonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Minimum Rates

The issue:

Okay, so we all know the economy is screwed up. It's impossible to make money from your companies, especially if you have to hire employees.  You're basically playing at a loss, and the only way to level up is to fight which takes up at least half your wage; which is likely to be fairly minuscule.

The solution:

Introduce minimum rates for each commodity based on production cost (ie required salaries) and other factors, for example;

Let's set a hypothetical base rate for Q1 food at 2CC a unit, without any production cost.

Scenario 1:

>Citizen produces 500 units and wants to sell them on the marketplace.

The citizen wouldn't be able to sell them for less than 1.5CC a unit, but this would bring them a minimum of 750CC

Let's set a hypothetical base rate for a Q1 House at 30CC a unit, paying 1 required employee 50CC and a hypothetical production limit of 5.

Scenario 2:

>Citizen produces 5 Q1 houses and wants to sell them on the marketplace.

The citizen wouldn't be able to sell them for less than 200CC total or 40CC a unit, making a total of 150CC profit.

Whilst this is just an example, it shows that a minimum rate would encourage a rise in the value of products, wages and even gold because there would be minimum rates for each product, thus making companies more profitable. Really they should be, because right now companies are fairly pointless in terms of money making. 

Edited by NarcissusMonk, 25 August 2014 - 11:52 AM.

• Kanselier likes this

#2 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

if people cannot sell the items. then the items do not sell,  the reason for lowering the price on the market is to sell the items.

so limiting the minimum price reduces the amount of items that will sell.   so the market would just fill up with items.  

the producers would stop producing when their storage filled.  instead of not producing when prices go to un-profitable.

• Kanselier likes this

#3 NarcissusMonk

NarcissusMonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

That's pointless, the whole point of owning a company for which you PAY GOLD is to make money.

Let's look at how things are just now;

Gold Rate:

185-187CC

Cost to build:

9-10 Gold  @ around 1665CC to  1850CC

Average wage:

30-50cc

Cost of Q1 food:

0.06 - 0.05CC (per unit)

Selling price of 500 units of Q1 food:

25-30CC

So you see you're going to be selling food at a loss with even one employee, and with other playing expenses for fighting you'll run out of cash quickly. It makes absolutely no sense to keep selling products so low. 

#4 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

i agree it makes no profit to sell products for a loss! 

I include waming as having to pay a "wage" because of the wam tax.  

if you use a wage of 2 usd instead of the 50. it would be profitable,  

so there are enough WAMers to supply the demand for most of the items. 

do you understand my point that eventually people would stop producing items.  

they stop producing now once they take a loss.

if there was a minimum price people would stop producing when their storage is full.

so a minimum price would not change much.

#5 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Some games have a game run market where you can have an assured sell at a minimum price and can always buy goods at an assured pre-set price as well. That one ends up working as a maximum price for the public market.

It is arbitrary, but I don`t see any other way around the overproduction crisis at the moment.

We are pretty close to $0.02 per 1 WRM and then we will see a single weapon Q7 going for $5 or $6. Insane.

#6 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

ohh the game should just buy all over production, now i think i understand.

they had this before one of the updates.  they had bots that would buy items from the markets.   this is what people blame for the over production.   because these bots bought goods they created a artificial demand.  then players built more factories to fill the demand.  so lots of factories were built.  and then the admins took the bots out of the game. 

if bots bought goods that means players got currency from the bots and the bots had unlimited currency.  but now if people want currency they need to buy it with gold which they pay money for.  aka getting rid of bots made the game more profitable for the game owners.

but now it is more like the real world every good produced must be consumed.

#7 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

I understand the aim of this proposal is to increase the profit of the companies, and personally I always appreciate all people that have ideas. I think that's good :)

I agree with the comments done with jkeller4000

In my opinion, a possible solution for increase the demand of products produced by all players, would be to include in all battles....some kind of random temporal events (or timers) that make weapons Q1,Q2,Q3, Q4, Q5 and Q6, more efficient than Q7 for a limited time in a battle. And that must force players to buy all qualities of weapons, and increase it's demand.

I think is the easiest and simple solution.

3028465-1.png

#8 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

I understand the aim of this proposal is to increase the profit of the companies, and personally I always appreciate all people that have ideas. I think that's good :)

I agree with the comments done with jkeller4000

In my opinion, a possible solution for increase the demand of products produced by all players, would be to include in all battles....some kind of random temporal events (or timers) that make weapons Q1,Q2,Q3, Q4, Q5 and Q6, more efficient than Q7 for a limited time in a battle. And that must force players to buy all qualities of weapons, and increase it's demand.

I think is the easiest and simple solution.

they should increase rocket damage,  they increased the levels required for divisions but not the rocket damage.  rockets used to be huge demand for q1-q6 weps,  but currently strength got too high for rockets to make any difference.  but if rockets did more then the demand for rockets would go up and the demand for lower q weps,  rockets also take way more weps to use, than using weps themselves.  my rockets i think require 90 weps of each quality,  i would need almost ten times the energy regen if i was going to use all those weps individually.  so improving rocket damage would significantly increase the demand for q1-q6 weps.    

however if the demand goes up and prices go up and profits go up people will build more factories making the supply go up, then the prices will fall again.  so increasing demand will never be a long term solution to profitability. 

#9 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

they should increase rocket damage,  they increased the levels required for divisions but not the rocket damage.  rockets used to be huge demand for q1-q6 weps,  but currently strength got too high for rockets to make any difference.  but if rockets did more then the demand for rockets would go up and the demand for lower q weps,  rockets also take way more weps to use, than using weps themselves.  my rockets i think require 90 weps of each quality,  i would need almost ten times the energy regen if i was going to use all those weps individually.  so improving rocket damage would significantly increase the demand for q1-q6 weps.    

however if the demand goes up and prices go up and profits go up people will build more factories making the supply go up, then the prices will fall again.  so increasing demand will never be a long term solution to profitability. 

Yep, your point is good.

But take in mind that for make a rocket you need to have at same time 90 weapons of each quality, and the prices of those weapons should be cheap ;) in other case it would be so expensive although the damage gets higher.

You can control the level of your factory, but you cannot control the price of each Quality of weapons, so you depend of 6 variables at same time for make 1 rocket. Using some kind of individual weapon boosters will make you depend on 1 variable, the price of the weapon related to booster.

So, depends the situation, and the point of view, the increase of rocket damage and the creation of individual weapon boosters, could be good tools.

:lol:

3028465-1.png

#10 Asoee

Asoee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

In the market there are not only producers who sell but also merchants. They buy from countries with low taxes or in black market and they sell in their country. So these people gain money for these transactions
  • Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users