•     

Photo

Erase Top 5 Political Party System?

Top 5 Party Elections Congress Country President

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: To Erase Top 5 Political Party System?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you agree to erase the Top 5 Party System?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

A poll for all citizens fo eRepublik,

Related to below 2 posts, directly or indirectly:

By Majester:

https://forum.erepub...ection-deposit/

By Marcus:

https://forum.erepub...gainst-multies/

Read the posts and the comments before vote!

Have a nice day!

• MiczuPL and Richard Bart like this

3028465-1.png

#2 dr.erol

dr.erol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

agreed!

• Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov likes this

#3 Vihesito

Vihesito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationeX-Pain

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hard voted YES!

#4 Z3R05

Z3R05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

party hard!!! :D

#5 Stedee

Stedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

If they erase top5 party ststem:

1) It'll be too easy to start a PTO in a small Country.

2) Too many parties will be born, with the consequent death of political module.

Strongly disagree.

• TheJuliusCaesar, M0LTAG and Wakaleo like this

#6 Felllix

Felllix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

BiG NO!

#7 eDuH uDeoT

eDuH uDeoT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

and bring back the majority system!

we want to vote people, not to vote for a dead multies parties!

• Bojerianov, VelikGogov, taxoparei and 1 other like this

#8 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

If they erase top5 party ststem:

1) It'll be too easy to start a PTO in a small Country.

2) Too many parties will be born, with the consequent death of political module.

Strongly disagree.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

But I disagree with your points.

1) Small countries have small population, true? Then they hardly have more than 5 parties with active people. If the Top 5 is erased, the chances of PTO are the same more or less, it depends of the electoral strategy and the ammount of votes of PTOers and ATOers.

2) Big countries have more than 5 populated and active parties, we just have to look Poland top 10, as below image from top 6 to 10

vpNaCgB.jpg

Actually top5 system is expelling from congress and CP game to 662 citizens in Poland, that although the actual top 5 system, they don't want to change to another political party, so they are actually "bored" or maybe doing extra deals with Top 5 parties. But they cannot play directly.

So the main aim of erasing Top 5 should be to allow more parties and their members to participate directly in the elections and to not depend of the Top 5 party presidents oligarchy.

As told in other post, we all see the day before of elections, lots of new accounts (maybe multies?), express citizenships for only vote, movements of players for push a party into the top 5, or to expell one from Top 5 and move it to Top 6 and disable it for having candidates (Kind of TOver tactic)

:)

3028465-1.png

#9 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

I HAS DO ARE NOT AGREE. NOT?

f8RA4.gif

#10 CaHuTaPa

CaHuTaPa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

Great idea! The citizens will have a lot better representation that way

#11 mixail95

mixail95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

YES!

One party system FTW

• Doctor Neo Cortex likes this

#12 Guagature

Guagature

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

No, just fix the economy without having your weekly "One time only" specials

#13 Stedee

Stedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

First of all, sorry for my English, as it's not that fluent.

Anyway, my point is about medium Countries. If we erase the current system, a PTO can be started by sending enough citizens to elect a Congressman. What's most important, anyway, is the fact they cannot be stopped. By now, even if an hostile Congressman is elected, a Country can prevent a PTO from happening with a little organization. They can control top 5 PP and manage votes so that possible PTOers are stopped.

If we erase this system, this will be no longer possible, and PTOing a country will just be a matter of numbers.

Anyway, I do not think this system excludes citizens from political life. If a Party has something to express in Congress, they can simply ask for a place in a top5 Party. We've done this in Italy for years.

Just my 2cents :P

• George Norfolk and Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov like this

#14 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

I concur with what Stedee says.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#15 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

First of all, sorry for my English, as it's not that fluent.

Anyway, my point is about medium Countries. If we erase the current system, a PTO can be started by sending enough citizens to elect a Congressman. What's most important, anyway, is the fact they cannot be stopped. By now, even if an hostile Congressman is elected, a Country can prevent a PTO from happening with a little organization. They can control top 5 PP and manage votes so that possible PTOers are stopped.

If we erase this system, this will be no longer possible, and PTOing a country will just be a matter of numbers.

Anyway, I do not think this system excludes citizens from political life. If a Party has something to express in Congress, they can simply ask for a place in a top5 Party. We've done this in Italy for years.

Just my 2cents :P

Your english is better than mine for sure!

I understand your point, and it's true it can happen. As also can happen the opposite, the TOvers expelling parties from Top5. It depends the ammount of TOver votes. But with top 5 or without top 5, the TOs are always a matter of numbers (and multies). I think erasing the top 5 will be profitable for big and medium consolidated countries that are the ones have more players :)

And well, asking a place to Top 5 party, the truth, I have been many times involved in this kind negotiations in eSpain and eMexico, and asking a place is usually conditioned to something in exchange  ;)  or the place is denied. I would preffer a more direct participation.

Anyways, and of course, the points of view can differ and that's not bad :lol:  That's why we vote :P

Have a nice day!

3028465-1.png

#16 Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationkitchen

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

Vote NO for end of top five parties.

If you really want to change something make party membership require activity.  You must work & train at least once per week. You must log in to game 3 times per week (not on the same day). You must publish an article (if you own a newspaper once per month) or make 10 shouts each month. Something similar to these would remove players who are dead or inactive.  It should not be hard or a burden for 2-clickers who just come to look around but if they do not wish to participate at all the 2-clicker has no business being in a party.

If this is done it will make the parties that are present more closely represent the actual citizens in the country. It will cut down on multies. It will cause party leadership to seek and respond to active players more than to just do as they like.

• tommot, Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov and Wakaleo like this

#17 HonoreDeBalzac

HonoreDeBalzac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

yes

#18 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

If you really want to change something make party membership require activity.  You must work & train at least once per week. You must log in to game 3 times per week (not on the same day). You must publish an article (if you own a newspaper once per month) or make 10 shouts each month. Something similar to these would remove players who are dead or inactive.  It should not be hard or a burden for 2-clickers who just come to look around but if they do not wish to participate at all the 2-clicker has no business being in a party.

If this is done it will make the parties that are present more closely represent the actual citizens in the country. It will cut down on multies. It will cause party leadership to seek and respond to active players more than to just do as they like.

I'm agree at 90% with you. But I think both measures are compatible and necessary. Erasing top 5 without measures that demand activity for avoid the magical 2clickers that appear on votation day (with of course clean IP's and that stuff) is a incomplete solution :)

Anyways, for big and populated countries, I think will help to make more active all people not located in the top 5 parties, and to increase diversity of parties and opinions in country politics, and this must be translated in future grow of activity.

3028465-1.png

#19 Flaco Jimenez

Flaco Jimenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

That would imply Plato really cares. 

I laugh at you sir. 

Edited by Flaco Jimenez, 22 September 2014 - 11:38 PM.

1029831-1.png

To a kid lookin' up to me , Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. 

Warrior/Poet: Ice Cube. 

#20 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

I like that much better.

A combination of activity requirements seems as a good way to get more interaction from less pronounced players and demotivate voter-accounts to participate(or make them a more useful active player).

With voter-accounts i mean... "real or fake players whom sole purpose is to vote on elections by specific orders. They come in this game just on election-days and usually don't do anything else at all."

For more info, look at my wikipage

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Top 5, Party, Elections, Congress, Country, President

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users