SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS TOPIC:
LONG TIME ISSUE
Everyone is unhappy with actual divisions' system, that's true.
Switching to strength based divisions cannot solve itself this problem, because once you almost reach the limit, you would start not to train, to avoid changing division, and that isn't a good thing, nor for us, neither for Plato.
Let's introduce AGE.
Age = the sum of all days in which you logged in.
Let's use AGE to affect division changing.
WAYS TO DEVELOP
1) Easy way
200 Days of gameplay --> Switch to division 2 even if your level is low
400 Days of gameplay --> Switch to division 3 even if your level is low
1000 Days of gameplay --> Switch to division 4 even if your level is low
2) Average way (but probably more balanced)
200 Days of gameplay or Maxhit 3000 --> Switch to division 2 even if your level is low
400 Days of gameplay or Maxhit 10000 --> Switch to division 3 even if your level is low
1000 Days of gameplay or Maxhit 40000 --> Switch to division 4 even if your level is low
3) Complicated way (but probably the most interesting and balanced)
A) Divisions become 6
To move to the further division you can:
- meet 2 minimum requirements (one is a certain age, one is a certain maxhit)
- meet 1 maximum requirement only (a certain age or a certain maxhit)
- maximum requirement prevails on minimum requirement.
C) Last division includes only the top 2000 players for maxhit in the eWorld.
- NEWBIE1 upgrades very soon his training grounds and fights a lot. He will get 5000 maxhit in less than 3 months, so he will switch very soon to division 2.
- NEWBIE2 upgrades as soon as he can his training grounds and completes his DO daily, fighting sometimes for medals or important battles. Once he's in game from 100 days, he already achieved a maxhit of 1000, so he moves to the further division in a reasonable time.
- NEWBIE3 wants to get lots of BHs, so he doesn't want to change division soon. It's ok, he can train up to 4999 strength and try to take some BHs, but after 100 days he will switch anyway to the following division, and he will have to struggle to grow again.
- NEWBIE4 logs into the game just for management or politics, but doesn't wanna fight. He will anyway move up, and after 1500 days he will be in division 5, no matter what his maxhit is.
Less people leaving the game.
Those who saved fighting will have to get back the time they lost, but if they have good strength, it will be easy.
Switching to 6 divisions could make it harder to set COs.