33 replies to this topic

#1 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hey guys! It’s been a long time since we gave an update on the new Battle Page! We have received a lot of feedback, comments and questions in the old topic. Thank you each and every one of you! All have been read, analyzed and we’ve already seen some of the much requested improvements.

In this topic I will answer to a lot of questions and share some information on the next steps.

1. “I don’t have the new Battle Page yet, why? How can I get it?”

First of all, we decided to roll out the new Battle Page slowly. It’s a common procedure in the industry to implement new features progressively to the players, while gathering feedback and doing improvements. First we added some big Military Units and asked for feedback. We did improvements and were monitoring the load on the servers. We were slowly adding more and more people and we even had a Battle Page Challenge for players to win access.

At the moment, we’re continuously adding more and more players. However, we’re in the process of upgrading our infrastructure so we should be able to give a better estimate next week.

2. “How many players have access to the new Battle Page?”

About 40% of the active players have access right now.

3. “The game has been awfully slow lately, is it because of the new Battle Page?”

No, the new Battle Page (I’ll just use NBP from now on) is not the cause. Unfortunately we’ve had some server issues which are out of our hands. We’re currently adding a secondary provider in order to improve the player’s experience.. We’re currently migrating things and that sometimes makes things to run a bit slow. However, we expect to finish soon. We’ll probably have some downtime at some point, and after that everything should run smoothly. This also helps us expand the NBP to more players. Fingers crossed that everything goes as planned!

4. “I’m worried that the NBP is too heavy for my PC or smartphone. Can you make it lighter?”

Developing things for many different devices, new and old, can be tricky. It’s like trying to make a shirt that fits every type of person. You need to be willing to make compromises and accept the fact that there will be a few players who won’t get the best experience out of it.

Having tested it on many devices, I’m pretty confident that a vast majority of our players will have an improved fighting experience. For those of you with older hardware that find the game unplayable, please let us know your computer & browser specs, and we do our best to provide a workaround.

We’ve implemented some options where you can filter out effects. This should improve the experience on old devices, especially if the battle is hectic and crowded.

PS. It works superbly on my smartphone. It’s as good, or even better, than on my laptop (which is also pretty decent, I’ve used it for editing heavy videos).

5. “It’s been a long time since you first introduced the NBP to us. What’s taking so long?”

Indeed, but I want to stress the importance of the community and the feedback you’re giving! When we first showed the teaser trailer and published the concept, we were very eager to read all the thoughts and feedback the players would give us. And you most certainly didn’t disappoint us!

Most of the comments were very helpful and some ideas were directly implemented in the updates we’ve done. You’d be surprised by the difference between the first sketchy version of the NBP, compared to the one that’s playable now. Maybe we’ll do some short comparison video at some point. :)

There’s still work to be done on all areas!

6. “What are you working on right now?”

Regarding the NBP, right now we’re working on optimizing it and solving some scalability issues. I’m not educated enough to give a super technical response, but it’s basically about the NBP working smoothly and not causing too much load on the site. We have to go through the service provider change I mentioned and then we can get back to it.

We’re also implementing some visual improvements. Many of you said that it’s important to know more about the opponent’s strength and weapon, to know how many hits are needed, so we're looking into ways to help with this.

7. “I don’t understand the tanks, weapon quality icons etc. Why are there bullets on the selection menu and not tanks like in the marketplace? The one I’m using should be shown more clearly!”

This is something we didn’t explain clearly enough so far. Basically we’re trying to make the NBP “make sense”; you’re not supposed to use a tank each time you fire but you are supposed to consume ammunition. This makes the experience more contextual. Your vehicle represents your Division on the battlefield and you can improve your damage by selecting better quality ammo (Q1-Q7). You can of course switch to Bazookas too, but your vehicle won’t be transformed into one. eRepublik doesn’t have a deal with Transformers (at least not yet anyway :P).

We’ve already done some improvements on how your weapon is displayed but they haven’t been implemented yet on the live server.

8. “I’d like the Energy icons on the top left corner to be bigger. They are too small for my big screen!”

We have this on our to-do list but it will require some layout tweaking. We will get on it as soon as we are finished with a more demanding list of updates.

9. “I want to see it in action!”

We’ll prepare a video tutorial for the NBP in the near future! In the meanwhile, please check the following videos and make sure to subscribe to our new YouTube channel! :)

Day 2,500 celebration in the new Battle Page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8oUD-ar6Y

Video Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P6t58e27g

Teaser of the new Battle Page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIr6kxb2qk

Oh and here’s something small that’ll be implemented soon. Basically these should help you stay on track about your Energy refill!

nicKH7m.png

Don’t hesitate to ask more questions and to keep giving feedback! I’ll try to give replies more frequently from now on.
Thanks! :)

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

And because most of you didn't survive until the bottom of the post, I'll get your attention here.

Check out the video from Day 2,500 and make sure to subscribe to the new YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8oUD-ar6Y

Here's also a video interview done a few months ago, in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P6t58e27g

Cheers! o7

-Benjamin Franklin

#3 lqlqlqlio

lqlqlqlio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

how can I turn off NBP permanently?

• TigerII91, Piran and Kukkur Mammut like this

#4 SexyCicko

SexyCicko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

i have nbt and it aint.workin good
on my phone i have people shooting, on my pc i have them smetimes, and on my laptop i dont have people shooting
it doesnt affect functionality but it sure as hell makes the game look crappy(ier) and makes it feel like a 1v1 shootout

#5 lqlqlqlio

lqlqlqlio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

you stand at front line watching everybody shooting, but you just stand and do nothing... many moving shits, and nobody interact with you, nothing happens. wtf!?

can't see new functions. and new graphic is just pointless - improve nothing in game mechanics. why anybody need this NPB?

"We’re also implementing some visual improvements."

yes! yes, this is the only thing needed in the game... and gold promos!

• wschwabe likes this

#6 TigerII91

TigerII91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Any news on the new home page you talked about 1 year ago? Or has it been completely forgotten?

#7 lLordl

lLordl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

And the game stay boring...

Edited by lLordl, 09 October 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#8 BOUD1CCA

BOUD1CCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

Well, I am looking forward to seeing it.

I have confidence that eRep will improve \o/

• bubustiuc likes this

#9 kamysje

kamysje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

"Many of you said that it’s important to know more about the opponent’s strength and weapon, so we’re adding this."

Petsku, it's not exactly about strength and weapon, it's about number of hits we need to kill an opponent with our weapon - strength & weapon are only helping us to estimate number of hits.

• wschwabe likes this

#10 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

i have nbt and it aint.workin good
on my phone i have people shooting, on my pc i have them smetimes, and on my laptop i dont have people shooting
it doesnt affect functionality but it sure as hell makes the game look crappy(ier) and makes it feel like a 1v1 shootout

This isn't an issue with your PC or performance in general, it's an occasional server issue and should be ok soon.

you stand at front line watching everybody shooting, but you just stand and do nothing... many moving shits, and nobody interact with you, nothing happens. wtf!?

can't see new functions. and new graphic is just pointless - improve nothing in game mechanics. why anybody need this NPB?

We didn't want to change too much, as we know that eRepublik players don't want to change the nature of the game. There's no reason for us to copy "callofdutys" or "worldoftanks". NBP is mainly a visual change and there are strong reasons for that (check the vid interview ^^).

"Many of you said that it’s important to know more about the opponent’s strength and weapon, so we’re adding this."

Petsku, it's not exactly about strength and weapon, it's about number of hits we need to kill an opponent with our weapon - strength & weapon are only helping us to estimate number of hits.

I didn't express myself very well. I'm aware that you want to know how many hits it takes and we're looking into good solutions regarding this. Showing strength and other values like that, or even the hit number, is not necessarily the best way. I edited the first post on this, as nothing is (at least publicly) set yet. :P

-Benjamin Franklin

#11 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Any news on the new home page you talked about 1 year ago? Or has it been completely forgotten?

Please, don't. If the economical module is almost dead with the V3, the V4 will finish that module for good (food and weapons Q0 -making useless any other Q food or weapon- and elimination of the free training camp -the only thing that allows a player to survive here)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Taferino Orseu

Taferino Orseu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

I have a problem, I need to see what weapon my opponent is using to spend less hits, but this new system I cant see.

EDIT: To spent less hits and less money*

Edited by Taferino Orseu, 14 October 2014 - 05:21 PM.

• wschwabe likes this

#13 buza86

buza86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

the DMG booster dont count is 00:00:00.(visual bug) on old page works fine

#14 Finway Divi Filius

Finway Divi Filius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

10. Seriously now, Who made that SH*T !?

You're welcome for this useful comment

but sometimes you have to face reality on your own

like a 5 yo little boy.

#15 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

so all kills now only take 1 hit? regardless of the weapon? this is waht i am noticing anyways

#16 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

also how come some tanks have a blue ring around them? is this just the ones online or maybe in your division? Who do you kill if nobody else is fighting against you?

#17 Taferino Orseu

Taferino Orseu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

No, u should be using the bazucas

#18 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

after getting used to things I have to say this is a very good upgrade and im impressed even though it was just visual stuff it makes a big difference and makes you feel connected and stuff its awesome. just a few minor things could be changed a bit to make things easier to see health and recoverable energy in top left corner. but good job on this one now get working on economy before anything else

• BOUD1CCA and bubustiuc like this

#19 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Hey guys! The new Battle Page is now available for everyone! I'm eager to hear your thoughts!

so all kills now only take 1 hit? regardless of the weapon? this is waht i am noticing anyways

Maybe you were in a battle like that (with a weak "opponent"), or you were using Bazookas.

also how come some tanks have a blue ring around them? is this just the ones online or maybe in your division? Who do you kill if nobody else is fighting against you?

I'm not sure about blue ring (it shouldn't exist..), but some users are marked as Battle / Campaign Heroes with these visual representation. Green is for Battle Hero, while orange is for Campaign Hero.

-Benjamin Franklin

#20 Edelmann

Edelmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

When selecting ammo, the influence displayed isn't correct since the +10% as an elite citizen aren't in there.

E: Also are there really no direct links to a specific side in RWs anymore now, linking to the old battlepage? 

Edited by Edelmann, 15 October 2014 - 08:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users