20 replies to this topic

#1 Edelmann

Edelmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:04 AM

So I just happened to think about how the political roles in the CP's cabinet are implement ingame somehow, but provide literally nothing besides the title on the profile/politics page of the country. 

I found a thread here concerning this topic and I think there are some really nice ideas in there, however I want to expand/edit a bit and thus decided to start a new thread. (https://forum.erepub...litical-titles/) Here's the original proposal:

1- All proposal relating to donate, Issue money, and all taxes should be brought to voting only  by Ministry of finance (only congressmen can vote)
2- All proposal relating to natural enemy and ceasing war or airstrike  should be brought to vote only  by ministry of defense (only congressmen and president and ministry of foreign affairs can vote)
3-MPPs should be brought to vote only by ministry of foreign affairs (only congressmen and ministry of foreign affairs can vote)
4- Trade embargoes should be brought only by ministry of finance (only congressmen and ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of finance can vote)
5- Providing citizenship can only be available only if governor suggests the applicants to congressmen, then accepting it will be on shoulder of congressmen
6- By all these changes made, political titles will be important, so I suggest that congress can Impeach each of those represented in these titles.

1 - I think it would be a viable option to give the MoF the chance to propose that, but it shouldn't be exclusive to him - if he's missing, the government stops, so to speak. 

Concerning the MoF, it is a role which could be granted a lot of informational power. I thought about giving the MoF exclusive access to a more detailed tax table of the country, for example showing how much money is made with VAT, import tax, work tax, etc., maybe even showing how much VAT cash is coming from Q7 weapons, Q1 food, whatever. 

2 - Again, the MoD could/should have that power, but not exclusively. Also applies to 4.

3 - Same story again, however I'd say both MoD and MoFA should be able to weigh in and thus propose.

6 - I don't think that ministers should get impeached by the congress, that's also not how RL politics usually work. The CP should get to choose and alter his cabinet.

I think the political module has a lot of potential which is neglected with current game mechanics, but the completely meaningless roles of ministers is especially pitiful. Giving the ministers the chance of proposing laws in their field would at least be a first step, but there is much more to think of - e.g. the MoD could also be able to start wars for the CP, set the CoTD for the country or the DO in the "country MU" (a bit problematic maybe in some cases to tell whether this or that MU is a national MU or not, but it's just a suggestion). The Prime Minister, as having  the second most powerful position in the country (in theory), might be given the power to propose the same laws as a CP can, maybe limiting it to 1 proposal per week/term to cut powers? 

The only cabinet position where I couldn't come up with an idea how to grant powers is the one of the minister of education, since his job is to inform and educate it somehow might make sense to let him send a "welcome message" to newbies, but since we already have that coming from the CP, rather not. 

Let's see if we can gather more ideas and revive the topic of ministerial roles so that there are more awesome ideas collected in the forums which will definitely get implemented very soon. :3

o/

Edited by Edelmann, 16 November 2014 - 03:14 PM.

• Bogi, plasticola, Teddy beer eBe and 5 others like this

#2 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Nice.

I actually am looking forward to the day that titles are being given a real function in-game(if it ever happens).

Until then we can just keep making suggestions as you just did. ;)

For more info, look at my wikipage

#3 RodStark

RodStark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Do they actually listen to us sometimes?

• Karlina Alkhatiri likes this

#4 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

On occasion they do(most of the time it's small tweaks), but it is never clear what they will do nor when.

• RodStark likes this

#5 Zolix777

Zolix777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHajdúszoboszló, Hungary

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

Signed! :)

#6 Shayco122

Shayco122

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:41 PM

Nice i want to see it in the game!

#7 Kanselier

Kanselier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

+1

BECOME A BELGIAN CITIZEN!

http://www.erepublik...society/Belgium

#8 Muammar Reis

Muammar Reis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUlcinj, Montenegro

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

+1

Proud to be ALBANIAN : eRep Link : eWiki Link Albania.gif

#9 StefX3

StefX3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

+1

#10 ScreamingGod

ScreamingGod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

+1, I actually like the ideea

#11 Pibasog

Pibasog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:58 AM

i think not only the ministers but also the CP.

#12 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

i think not only the ministers but also the CP.

You do know that the CP already has all the power for his function?

#13 Pibasog

Pibasog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

You do know that the CP already has all the power for his function?

Well , i was CP of Argentina...

• Karlina Alkhatiri likes this

#14 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

Fun fact: Governor is the Minister/Secretary of Finance, it's a role no way related to home affairs.

ambassador.gif

#15 Karlina Alkhatiri

Karlina Alkhatiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

Do they actually listen to us sometimes?

Maybe....no

Karlina  Alkhatiri

#16 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I like your ideas.

And hope the admins listen and do something.

#17 HosZ

HosZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

+1 

Admin will listen ? i hope so ..

#18 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:23 PM

Wow, at least someone heard my voice :D
"What does the red tulip have, that the clover flower doesn't?"
-Sohrab Sepehri-

#19 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

"6 - I don't think that ministers should get impeached by the congress, that's also not how RL politics usually work. The CP should get to choose and alter his cabinet."

Im not sure about other countries but in real Iran Congress can question ministers and if they are not convincing Congress can impeach them
Also we have neutral votes beaide yes and no

Thanks for caring about the game
Hope admins care too

Admins should understand that if military module is profitable for them but political module is not, it doesn't mean they shouldn't invest time or money on this module

All aspects of this game are in relation.
Also new players will mean income for them and not all players like this game only for its military module

Thanks
Shayan Rmz
"What does the red tulip have, that the clover flower doesn't?"
-Sohrab Sepehri-

#20 George Norfolk

George Norfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

Looks good to me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ministers, minister, government, cabinet, benis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users