#1 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Dear Citizens,

We’d like to hear your feedback on an idea we’ve been thinking about for quite some time now. Please read the brief explanation below and share your thoughts in the comments! Thanks!

The background

As you know, each region in eRepublik has a certain resource. Some regions have fish, some have rubber and so on. These resources have been set on the regions more or less randomly and they haven’t been changed in a long time.

This static situation has, in time, lead to a stalemate in some countries. A smaller country with a valuable resource might find itself annexed by a bigger one for years and years, without any realistic chance to get free. In the meanwhile, a bigger country might find itself bored, as they lack any kind of challenge.

Older players probably remember V1 and the importance of certain regions and their resources. Back then, all companies were placed in certain regions so the game mechanics were a bit different than now. However, it would be great to find a way to return that kind of importance to the key regions of each country.

The idea

An idea has been thrown: maybe it’s time to shake things up a bit, and “shuffle” the resources of the New World?

The execution could be as simple as it sounds: make a list of all the regions and assign resources randomly to every country. Some formulas could be applied before the shuffle. For example, it could be ensured that each country gets at least 1 food resource and so on. Or it could be totally random. There are many ways to do it, but the core idea remains.

There are obviously some issues that pop up to your mind. What if my country gets less resources than before? What if we only get food resources and none for weapons? Anything could happen and that’s kind of the point as well.

Your opinion

For now, it’s just a “happy idea” and it’s not a concrete plan for us. Hence, we’d love to hear your thoughts on it and get some perspective. We’re confident that the community can bring out some great ideas we haven’t even thought about, and perhaps some smarter way to implement changes to the regions and their resources.

Thanks for your time and have a nice weekend everyone! o7
  • Nukeru, NovatoX3, Jaroslav Kolesnik and 8 others like this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 Freiheitskaempfer

Freiheitskaempfer

• Moderators
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

tumblr_ljnxd1EdKV1qig5ieo1_500.gif

does not sound that bad, would be something new. same time: please add ressource icons on the fancy new map.

• Yamisuke and Lord DarthVader like this

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

#3 77777777777777777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

YOU SHOULD GIVE US 20 ENERGY RECOVERY OR MORE AS A BASE INSTEAD 10 !
That make boost ECONOMY and more game ACTIVITY (costin1989 ideea)

Shuffle will not resolve anything for medium and long time , only a shake for a short time , you should implement deeper changes than this

my 0.02c

• HisAirness, eArizon, superpaco and 1 other like this

#4 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I think current situation is ok, no need to shuffle.
Also, totally random = we can have Fish in Tibet. That'd be fun!
  • bozbo likes this

#5 smee again

smee again

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

I say NO. 

We all know what will happen,

- the resources Serbia needs will be in Croatia, the resources Croatia needs will be in Serbia

- the resources Hungary needs will be in Romania, the resources Romania needs will be in Hungary

- the resources Greece needs will be in Turkey, the resources Turkey needs will be in Greece

- the resources Argentina needs will be in Chile, the resources Chile needs will be in Argentina.

etc.

Seems random to me.

I'm saying this because this is exactly what has happened in the past.

The game doesn't need any more stop-gap measures like the simple "reshuffling" of resources - it needs actual improvements.

P.S. I wrote an article about resource reshuffling over 2 years ago, but since then I no longer have faith that this re-alignment of resources could be done fairly and equitably. Here is a link to my over 2 year old article - http://www.erepublik...nt-2195283/1/20

Edited by smee again, 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM.

• ghishae, myrmid0nas, Fanaxidiel and 15 others like this

#6 BLAGULA

BLAGULA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

Allways wondering why game have any resources at all  :D

#7 Wild Owl

Wild Owl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Don't change them. They're fine the way they are.

#8 Romper

Romper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

I guess you want wars, right? Well, the thing you need to do is set the battle table first, before puting prizes worth fighting for. By that I mean giving EACH country the same amount of regions and not a single duplicate resource, so they can't "trade" for it. On top of that, you make some resources so scarce that every strong country has to fight hard to get it (remember iron regions in v1?) Wanna have wars for resources? That is how you do it. It won't really matter where the resources are.

• myrmid0nas, dsturzoiu, Elynea and 8 others like this

#9 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yes, time to shuffle the deck and handle out new cards.

Meanwhile also set Patriot to zero for everyone so players can start fresh in a new country. Lots of players from country A are now stuck in country B because of the Patriot medal. If they change CS they won't get any more Patriot medals for years. This is one reason the strong countries get even stronger and the weak ones get even weaker, players from different IRL-nationalites abandon their countries for the strong in-game country and due to the system with Patriot medal and resource bonuses they have a big step to take to return.

• AlexSkopje, Glamche, nikol000 and 12 others like this

#10 BLAGULA

BLAGULA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Don't change them. They're fine the way they are.

All fine and so easy for USA hahahaha

• NorthAfricaCorps and HisAirness like this

#11 Freiheitskaempfer

Freiheitskaempfer

• Moderators
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

some serious things to think about:

amount of regions should be adjusted, it's unfair that e.g. uruguay has just 1 region while the US has like 40. i don't mind the reallife amount of district regions states whatever, it's eRepublik and not the real world.

i'm not saying that every country should have the exact same amount of regions but at least the gap between big and small countries should be smaller and it should be the same amount of different bonus for each country. 

• Gulitiwi, Endritt Zekka, nick91 and 20 others like this

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

#12 HisAirness

HisAirness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

USA have 50 regions ?!? How manny do have Russia ? How many do have China ? From center of galaxy Milky Way everyone can see that USA is in huge advantage beforehand everyone. First it is very hard to conquer USA. Second, they have almost all resources because of those 50 regions.

I am keen for idea that each state should have same amount of regions. For example 10. That would make more fair game for everyone.

Also I am up for it that each country should have at least two regions with food raw and two regions of weapon raw and two regions of house raw. In case that each country would have 10 regions then 4 others can be randomed every while. For example each quorter of the year.

On that way, countries which want more resources will attack to get them. But weak countries are double doomed because they have few regions and no resources !

Also as airstrike, should be naval war posability. In other words, oceans, seas shoul not be treated as land border, which it is now.

Edited by HisAirness, 12 December 2014 - 04:36 PM.

• Bogi, Tussaud, Hostilian and 11 others like this

#13 nimnul

nimnul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

Some countries are divided into dosens "core" regions, some have only few. And this does not correlate with RL administrative division, number of game players from that country etc. So apriori some countries will have advantages and others - disadvantages

• Bogi, Tussaud and HisAirness like this

#14 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

I like the idea.

It would be the best if the rarest resources are given to the strongest countries, the less rare ones to mid-size countries, and the most common ones to weaker countries (compared by MU dmg, not cs). That way big countries would have to fight each other if they want full set. 

Also, some countries have way too many regions (USA, Spain), while some have too few (Poland, Russia). The ones with a lot of regions are harder to conquer. Number of regions each country has should be reconsidered.

• Endritt Zekka, Alex.L, Niemand and 6 others like this

#15 CFovetS

CFovetS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Changing resources won't do anything to fix the game.

Some simple changes would help slightly, but the game has failed so much lately that I don't think anything will truly "fix" it at this point.

My suggestions:

1. double or even triple health recovery. This will allow people who want to play more the availability to do so, and it will use up more market resources.

2. don't start at zero for True Patriot with a citizenship change. It should stay with the player and you should be able to pick up in your new country where you left off.

3. give more military unit options such as changing the reward for the daily order, MU storage, MU auto supplies for working, manual regiment assignments. Allow any battle to be set as DO, not just MPP battles.

• Endritt Zekka, Chance Harrison, Alfonso Giamma and 1 other like this

#16 Dihenekis

Dihenekis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

you're thinking it somehow wrong

the strong countries will have their bonus even if you'll put them to the Moon .

So , it's better for you to consider a change to the military module . For excample , establish a maximum number of Mpp's  per country ( 5 is a nice number )

Also you can adjust these Mpp's ( who can stop  Serbia + Hellas + Poland and it's only 3 Mpp ) like this : ( excample ) One Empire cannot have Mpp with another Empire ( you need to adjust also what an  "Empire" is or to make a "Superpower  Country" or something "

in the past, many player ( i'm one of them too ) have send many ideas to Erepublic Labs, some of them became a part of the game. Establish this action again . it will be good

• Joz76, Hostilian, wschwabe and 1 other like this

1kzOF.png

#17 Chance Harrison

Chance Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

Plato just use the Power wheel and be done with it. Scatter everything to the four winds and see what happens.

spaghetti_on_the_wall.jpg

It feels as though you're just throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks... Y u no haz white board?

• Big Lion XIII likes this

#18 CikaSpasojeCr0

CikaSpasojeCr0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Just bring v1 back and everything will be interesting

• XenthuS, Demonaire, Brother Hood and 6 others like this

#19 Dihenekis

Dihenekis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Changing resources won't do anything to fix the game.

Some simple changes would help slightly, but the game has failed so much lately that I don't think anything will truly "fix" it at this point.

My suggestions:

1. double or even triple health recovery. This will allow people who want to play more the availability to do so, and it will use up more market resources.

2. don't start at zero for True Patriot with a citizenship change. It should stay with the player and you should be able to pick up in your new country where you left off.

3. give more military unit options such as changing the reward for the daily order, MU storage, MU auto supplies for working, manual regiment assignments. Allow any battle to be set as DO, not just MPP battles.

Elite MU can have as DO any  battle . Spartans can have any battle for DO

1kzOF.png

#20 Vortex I

Vortex I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Maybe you should try to adopt the resources to the reality ? From what I remember in V1 there were some nonsenses as high food regions in RL desert regions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users